Mitsurugi Video Thread

Heyyy thanks for sharing my videos Luneth, that's cool man.

More Mitsurugi on the way soon! My head's been spinning due to big named people (whom I won't mention...yet) contacting me on Youtube; and I haven't gotten the chance to post another gameplay this week yet. I'm planning on putting out another Running Ranked video tonight though, and another tutorial video of sorts (not-specific to Mitsu) very soon!

Thanks again for the pat on the back though man, appreciate it. :)

Here's another example of how you can play Mitsu:

You'll notice that CrazyTaki's playstyle is far less aggressive than Hyun mu, but his spacing is very intelligent and highly frustrating for the opponent. Once again, it demonstrates the importance of poking with Mitsurugi in both attack and spacing.

@Belilal Great sets, especially against Natsu. I have a question. When playing I have a huge problem with movement. I get caught stepping when I shouldn't and I look slower than a lot of other better players. Do you have any tips for someone in my position.

@Belilal Great sets, especially against Natsu. I have a question. When playing I have a huge problem with movement. I get caught stepping when I shouldn't and I look slower than a lot of other better players. Do you have any tips for someone in my position.
This new movement system is a pain. Overall just keep few things in mind

When you're spacing at a distance, the only ways to beat high moves are
a) duck
b) backdash
c) interrupt
If they use a high move and you're stepping you'll likely get hit. So if you are at far range backdash , if you're mid range - interrupt with b6, 4A or bA. If you've sure you read them - duck and punish.

You cannot step mids and block high at the same time -just wont work anymore.

Overall this game sort of punishes passive zoning. Use your moves at all time and look for opportunity to close the distance. Trust me, Rugi ranged game is good, better than most characters in this game.

If you're close and get your moves blocked there are generally two ranges:
1) Opponent has immediate mixup
2) You are left a bit away so they have to dash/run before they get a throw on you.

With #1 its pretty obv, you have to guess. duck or step is best anwers. its always a guess.
With #2 it gets interesting.
Most players (like me) who played SC2-4 have bad habits of complicated movement patterns like backdash into step or step into backdash, or step into crouch etc, which doesnt accomplish much, except a lot of CH on us ((

What's probably best when disadvantaged at mid range: (warning, some complexity ahead)

a) Use TC moves: to stop their attempts to close in and at the same time beat out some high atacks they try to keep you from stepping

b) Atack with your best CH right away: this will punish if they try to rush and mix up, even at large disadvantages since dash now has a decent amount of startup-recovery.

c) Step! : When they thing you are going to try to interrupt they will hit their stronger tools to punish you, such as Patrokolos 66B, for example. Which are usually linear. Beware though, b/c if they dash to mixup while you chose to step - you can no longer escape it, often, you cant even step again. So your options here are limited to duck throws and JG mids.

d) JG, then observe: If you think they will atack or dash for mixup you JG to stop their interrupt. And, when you see them dash, you still can step the mid and duck high/throw.

Hope it helps

Here's a few of my matches. And Belial - promise not to laugh XD

Tsubasa vs Kamiaka old footage mirrormatch

Kamiaka vs Sprudling

Kamiaka vs Darkslayer

Enjoy XD

Back