Moonlight Revelation

I'm thinking of bringing Gabriel. An augmented human with 50 years of service as a merc. Tired of fighting lesser foes he learns from Z that there better fighters in otherworldly places. With his trademark reverse two heavens sword play
I doubt there's a reverse two heavens sword play style. What do you mean?

I doubt there's a reverse two heavens sword play style. What do you mean?
he hold is the swords the other way. Its more defensive that way. The only reason I called it that is so you can have an idea of how he fights. He's a old character from my other story and I really think he be better fitting in this tale. Cause he likes swords more.

Sorry for taking for long guys. I've had a lot of stuff on my mind but Chris got on my butt about finishing my character's intro and I got into gear and finished everything.
First of all his stats and a picture:
LeCQQuG.jpg
Name: Nihilum ( The latin word that means = Nothing, Nothingness, No One)​
Sex: Male​
Eyes: Burning Crimson Red​
Hair: Burgandy​
Skin: Perfect Peach​
Height: 6' Even​
Weight: 160 Lbs​
Orientation: Unknown​
Nation/Realm: Unknown (Presumably The Void)​
Physical Attributes: Lean and toned muscle structure. High agility and neural-kinetic reactions.​
Abilities and Powers: Entropy ( The ability to control the processes of degradation and and regeneration in nature)​
For example, the easiest way to describe it is that Entropy is the breaking down of systems within the nature of the universe. From matter to energy and other forces that govern out how matter and energy make up the universe. The extent of this ability is currently unknown.​
He also has some Telekinetic and Telepathic abilities but these are not consciously known. Usually used on instinct.​
And now his intro.​
-----------------------------------------------------------​
The Void.

Most people that reside in the other realms would call that place the lawless empire. The realm of the lost and forgotten and the leftover remains of the creation of all things. Some would even say that life is something that can never live there. It's a place of endless nothingness and nothing more.
If only they knew how wrong they are.

The Void isn't just some space of emptyness. Life has a way of always making itself thrive in even the most unlikely of places. Nilhilum was living proof of that fact. He was a tall man, standing a stout six feet tall with cascading burgandy hair and burning red eyes. While looking very young in appearance, the air around him carried the sense of something wise and immensely old. He lived in the empire of the Void, a dying kingdom with no one to rule and nothing to keep the balance of things in check. The thing that struck him as odd was he remembered the day he arrived in the Void, but nothing beyond that...just his name. Nothing of his childhood, his family, or his parents, or even where he was born. None of the people in the Void knew anything of him either, only the face that he frightened them. The first thing people noticed about him was that he had a power that baffled even the most wisest of the people. Things would literally begin to unmake themselves in his grasp and if desired he could reverse this and make it whole again.

The power frightened the people and caused them to drive the wandering man away from all the surviving settlements and into the Voidborn Wilderness. The forest was a dangerous place where the creatures there was ferocious and ravenous and could hunt and devour even the most heartiest of survivors. Yet for years thanks to his powers and his sharpened wit, Nihilum was able to survive in the wild of Void and make it his home.
Eventually the people of the towns and cities notcied this and began to ask him to to be there guide and in return they would allow him to trade and take part in the marketplace. He agreed, and over the years the people began to slowly trust the outsider. Through time, Nilhilum began to learn of the other realms from the people. Many realms and place of people that held many orders of knowledge that could help him in the search of who he is.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the Realm of the light, a darkened portal errupted in the capital city. From this pool of swirling violet and blueish hues, Nilhilum stepped through into this new world and observed the area around him. It was world unlike anything he had seen, or could remember for that matter. It was completely different from the Void. This world was full of life and vibrant, something that the man was not used to seeing at all and it honestly made him happy to see. Happy wasn't a emotion he was used to feeling at all. Emotions were not a thing he was used to dealing with period.

Suddenly the gasps of the townsfolk snapped him out of his inner thoughts. It seemed his entrance into their world was a bit startling to them. Of course, why would it not? He was a talk man with burning red eyes, sporting a light shifting cloak and a very menacing looking scythe as his weapon. Not long after he looked around a bit, a guard walked up to the man, hand on the helt of his blade. Soon after, many other guards appeared at the ready and had Nihilum surrounded with weapons drawn and pointed at him, ready to strike. Another guard, a bit more armored than the others waded through the crowd of armed guards and spoke to the wanderer.

" Traveler. Speak the truth and you shall be given a fair quarter. What manner of man has the ability to appear in our land without the means of a Gate? Tell me your name and intention..." The captain said plainly with a air of deep authority about him.

Nihilum, being respectful, nodded his head and lowered his scythe to the ground. He wanted to display that he meant no harm to anyone.

" My name is Nihilum. I am unsure as to where I am actually from. I have no memory of who I am..or what I am for that matter. I came to your world from a place I believe you people call the Void. How I ended up even there I am not sure of. My history as a person is a mystery even to me. I lived there and thrived for many years and learned of your places and many others. I come here to learn and to explore and take in your culture. Maybe that way...I can learn something of who I really am..." Nihilum said truthfully, with a hint of heavy saddness to voice.

The captain stared at the man and nodded. There was truth to his words and the old solider could not sense any deception from his tale. He put his heart out to him, and he should honorably respond in kind.
" I see. I will take you to see our Goddess. She will judge your soul and peer into your being. Then we will truly know if what you speak is the truth."

' A Goddess...I never expect to meet a god...,' Nihilim said in his mind as he followed the Captain to the central palace.

His journey to the truth had finally begun.

Here's my part.

Prologue

A woman dressed in a black gown, with long flowing hair of the same color. Skin as pale as ice. She beckons out to me. I can hear her voice, calling my name. Joining her side, we look onward, at a city consumed in flames. Hundreds dying under the onslaught of shadowy figures.

She hands me a blade black as midnight, and I leap into the fray. I meet a bunch of the city’s defenders, all clad in dark red. I dispatch of them easily. More follow, but they will not stand in my way.

I was sure the last person had fell. But then I heard the faint sounds of someone crying. I turn the corner, and I see a hooded figure holding her daughter close to herself. At the sound of my footsteps she raises her head, and pleads with me to stop. Deaf to her pleas, I step forward. The girl stands her ground, paralyzed with fear. I raise my blade, just as the figure dashes over and pushes the girl away.

Blood splashes over me as the steel sinks into her body. I reach out with a hand to pull back her cloak.

And I scream.

I screamed harder than I have in ages.
----------------
Yu awoke, covered in sweat. Taking a moment to compose himself, he rose from his bed and opened the windows, feeling the cool breeze through him. Living in the countryside was definitely a change.

That dream again…he thought. It had been four years since that battle, yet fragments of those moments still remained in his mind, unforgotten. Glancing at the mark on his right hand, he remembered his last moments with Evelyn, the Queen of Ergon. Dying from a mortal blow inflicted by Faith, who had awakened her powers, she revealed to him that she desired the light too, before giving what was left of her power to him.

The mark’s symbol had changed, from the emblem of Ergon to something cross-shaped in nature. Yu had the feeling he encountered this somewhere before, but he wasn’t sure.

“Yu! Breakfast is ready!” a familiar voice called out.

Pushing aside his thoughts for the moment, Yu proceeded to the kitchen where his meal awaited him. There was fish soup, sashimi and some vegetables.

Taking a seat, a pair of hands placed a bowl of rice in front of him. Yu glanced up, as his lips met Yuki’s.

“Good morning, Yu. Hope today’s dishes are to your liking.” Smiling sweetly, Yuki took her place beside Yu.

“You know I’ll always like your cooking, Yuki.” Yu said, as he picked up a pair of chopsticks, and dug in.

They ate in silence for a moment, before Yuki touched Yu’s arm.

“You seem troubled lately..is something bothering you?” she asked. At this, Yu swallowed the rice he had been chewing, and glanced at her.

“It’s nothing. Just having some bad dreams.” Yu said.

“I don’t think they’re just mere nightmares, Yu. For the past month or so you’ve been acting a little strange. You mumble strange things in your sleep and wake up exhausted. The vegetable fields can’t be tended to with your current state.”

“I know, Yuki. Perhaps I just need some rest.”

Yuki turned Yu’s body to face her, and looked him directly in the eye.

“This isn’t a simple matter that can be resolved with just rest alone. I’ve known you since we were together in the School of The Phoenix. Your eyes betray a growing unease. It has to do with that mark on your hand, doesn’t it?”

Yu tried to withdraw his arm, but Yuki took hold of it.

Evelyn. You kept mentioning her name, every night you sleep.” she said, with something like a sad expression on her face.

“I….I’m…sorry.” Yu lowered his head, guilty. He had tried to deny this fact for some time, but failed.

“What for, Yu? It’s over. If something from the past is still haunting you, you should have let it go already. Indeed, I cannot deny that I was mad at you for entering a brief relationship with her at that time. I cannot deny you took the lives of innocents. But you have already redempted yourself. And I have forgiven you. After all, strip the hatred and sorrow from our hearts and what’s left? Evelyn threw away everything and tried to change the world.”

Yuki paused to let her words settle in. The beginnings of a smile appeared on Yu’s face, as a tear rolled down his cheeks.

“Come on. Let’s finish our meal and get to work.”

----------------
Hours later, as the sun set, Yu and Yuki were done with planting their crops. They both congratulated themselves on a job well done, as they returned to their house. An old woman, recognizing them, trotted over.

“My, if it isn’t Yu-kun and Yuki chan. Looking as lively as ever.”

“Granny Sen! You’ve already recovered?” Yu said.

“Heh heh, a fever’s nothing to this old woman. Thanks to the medicine that Yuki got for me.” Sen bowed to Yuki, who returned the favor.

“It’s my pleasure. After all, you were the one who helped us settle here four years ago, when we had difficulties.”

“Humble as always! In that case, I actually have something to request of you..” Sen coughed, as Yuki went to her side.

“You see, one of the villagers’ son, Riku, hasn’t returned for a long time since going into the forest to gather herbs. His father is worried for his safety. Please, help him in locating Riku.”

“Certainly. Yuki, you stay here and look after Granny Sen. I’ll look for Riku.” Yu said.

“I’m fine with that, but will you be okay? I mean, you don’t have…”

“I may have lost Phoenix, but I can still use my kenjutsu and magic if things go awry. It’ll be fine.” Yu assured her by giving a thumbs up.

“May the odds ever be in your favor, Yu-kun.” Sen nodded.

-----------------------------

Trudging into the dense undergrowth, Yu immediately put his aura abilities to work. If Riku was nearby, he would know. He gave thanks that it had not rained, for if it did, his progress would be severely hampered.

Sweeping his torchlight, Yu called out Riku’s name several times, but no response. Just then, he stepped on something soft. Lifting his foot, Yu saw that it was a bag, and upon loosening the string, found some herbs in it, all shredded apart. Examining it and the surroundings more closely, Yu saw patches of blood leading to the east.
Seizing upon this lead, Yu quickened his footsteps. The blood trail continued into a clearing, where a small boy laid. Yu, immediately recognizing him as Riku, was about to go over, when he noticed strange marks on the ground beside him. It was like those magic runes used in demonic rituals..

Sensing someone’s presence, Yu crouched behind a bush, as six hooded figures came into view. They surrounded Riku and knelt as if waiting for something. Then, a seventh figure came into view, and pointed his arm at the boy. A wisp of energy came out from his mouth and Riku twitched in agony.

He’s absorbing the boy’s life force?!
Yu immediately tossed a fireball at the figure holding Riku captive, and it smashed into him. Riku collapsed onto the ground, gasping for breath. Yu quickly grabbed Riku and retreated before any of the hooded freaks could get a hold of him. Yet they stood, looking at the new intruder through their darkness.

“Just who are you…and what do you want with this child?!” Yu demanded.

The figures remained silent. One by one, they dissipated into the air, save for the last one.

I have what I came for…you would do wise not to interfere with us…Yamase Yu.

It whispered in Yu’s mind, to his shock. Holding a small sphere of energy, he dropped it into a container, before making to depart.

“HOLD IT!” Yu shouted, but the figure was gone.

Returning his attention to Riku, Yu sprinted back to the village, healing the boy as best as he could. This encounter had left him with more questions than answers…
-------------------

Misadventure's of Abigail

Wake up to my cell phone. Its was mom. Wishing me good luck on the job and having a safe trip.

"Okay, love to you mom."

I slam it on the desk. My neck aches from sleeping on the laptop. I close it the laptop and look around the hotel room. Clean and empty. Not even the bed is messed with. Quick shower later and I realize my glasses are bent, a quick fix with my skills.

I really should stop with the all night benders. Eh, whatever time to leave anyway. Knock on the door. Run to it and open it. Gabriel with his fancy suit and slick back blonde hair. I can't believe this old perv looks still looks like his mid twenties. Magic of science!

"Morning, niña. You know the drill." he says with strange confidence to it.

"Yeah, yeah. I just need to grab my bag." Abigail walks to the desk and collects her things. The weight of her laptop bag throws her off but quickly adjust herself. Not long afterwards in the lobby they head out in the cab.

They enter the airport and everything check outs fine.

The private jet was nice everything you could imagine in a luxury aircraft. Its wasn't long till Gabriel renewed his mile high club membership with one of the stewardess. And once again Abby feel asleep on her laptop.

"Hey socia. Wake up the plane is landing." he said shaking her.

His messy hair shows he had a good time. "Ugh... Yeah...." Abby yawns and before she knows it their at a train station sitting on the benches waiting.

"So who are you looking for this time, Gab?" She said half asleep.

"A kid named Yamse Yu. Z told me this while back before business got really busy. Slowly beating everyone on my list and he's next" The train passes by and stops.

"Hopefully we have time for the meeting with that black smith"

Rain…

Heavy clouds hang, endlessly, across the sky. All dark, and ominous.

It was like that, one day, several years ago as well. That’s when I learned that I was a being meant for defending this Realm.

Before that, I was Akino Yumari. A girl in high school with parents that defended the city. Despite my parents’ status I wasn’t all that popular. I was quiet. I guess it didn’t help that me and my parents moved a lot. One city was where my “destiny” would begin.

That’s where I met Elisa Rayne. She was quieter than I. When she did speak it would be short and directly to the point. She was cold and calculating but at least she was approachable. Her brother, Nero Rayne, was the reason that Elisa didn’t have many friends.

Nero had an intimidating atmosphere. He would glare at anyone coming in his general direction. Since him and Elisa were close and rarely seen apart, the people that avoided Nero also avoided Elisa. How lucky I was when I found one of the moments when Elisa was alone. If not for that then we probably would have never spoken. Since Elisa took a liking to me then her brother did as well.

Almost immediately afterwards I came across a girl named Ambeon. Her personality and habits were already unusual and then I found out that she wasn’t even from this world. It made sense though. She was way too nice and energetic to be from Earth. Soon after meeting Ambeon a high class girl named Jessica showed up. Jessica was, and still is as far as I know, the most arrogant person in the world. But I could tell deep down that she was a nice person. Ambeon and Jessica immediately formed a rivalry sense their personalities clashed too much. I was always the in-between person while Elisa sat on the sidelines, amused at the little spectacles that went on.

Now several years later we have all moved on. Elisa has moved to Europe to take charge of a prestigious school. Jessica also moved to Europe in order to oversee her family businesses. She didn’t mind voice her opinion of how much she disapproved of the move. Ambeon went back to her own Realm. She told me she lived in the Realm of Water.

I would have liked to meet them all again.

The train finally came to a halt and a female voice said that we had arrived at the stop I was to get off on. There were several others getting off at the same stop. Everyone did the same action; step out onto the platform, take out their umbrella, and walk to their destination. It was the same routine everyday almost. I was personally bored of it. When you save a city from destruction, normal life is boring. I am also not doing too hot in my classes as well because of the constant daydreaming of back then. Life in college is the same as it was back in high school before I met my good friends. I don’t really interact with anyone. No one knows what I did back then so I’m just another face to them.

“Akino…” I don’t know why I didn’t join my mother and father’s business.
“Um…” Aren’t I a Guardian with some special destiny or something? Don’t you need training for that sort of thing?
“AKINO!” The voice makes me turn my head. It sounded muffled but that was only because I was in my own world again.

“I’m sorry. I-“ I try to apologize to the man until I look at him and see who it is. I gasp. “Nero? What are you doing here? I thought you moved to Europe!” He smiled.

“That was Elisa. I’m merely traveling. I’m engaged and am thinking about where to have the wedding.” Wait, what? I wouldn’t think Nero even had an interest in relationships let alone about to marry someone.

“You’re getting married? Well, congratulations. What brings you to Japan?”

“I came to find your father. I can’t get to him so I decided to find you.”

“Oh, so you are using me to get to my father? I feel so loved.” Nero smiled again.

“You know I missed you. In fact, I plan on taking you from your class to meet up with Zack.” Miss class for a meeting with my father? It would be nice to see what Nero is seeing him for. And it’s not like I’m looking forward to school anyway. I nod my head.

“Okay. So what is this about?” Nero’s smile faded and his expression turned grim.

“I rather not tell you. It’s one of those topics that you’d be better off not knowing.” I slowly nod my head.

“O-kay. Then let’s hurry and get to E.D.G.E. HQ then.” I heard that phrase before. My mother and father have giving me that same statement before. Normally, something bad always followed afterwards. I have a feeling that I should be worried about Nero’s real reason for being in Japan.

Part 2!!!!!!!!
Its Gabriel

tumblr_liks8jBDRu1qa7p1yo1_400.jpg

They ride the train to their destination. Gabriel looks over Yu's profile with his phone.

"Hey old perv, how did you find this one?" Abby said with a bored look on her face.

"Easy socia, Z said this guy was living as a farmer in the country side of Japan. From what the plight plans tell and Japan as whole it wasn't hard. Well for one their plane landed in the airport that wasn't too far from few farms. I have few friends who I used to work it. One gave me tip that he's working at this farm. Here see"

Gabriel showed Abby the info on Yu.
"So we're after this samurai guy that uses magic? Well, I'm no better my niche." Returning Gabriel's phone, she looks back at the window.

"Haha, maybe he could be the one?" Gabriel chuckles at the at the thought of magic.

"You say this every time we go somewhere and find someone. Only reason I come is cause I'm a trainee." Abby crosses her arms. "I wished I had that desk job I wanted."

"And you will Abigail first we need to find our man." he said with proud face.

The train stops and they depart on there final part of their little quest.
-----------------------------------------

This where you come in Luneth and you end your segment with Gab and Abby knocking on the door.

" For a man who knows nearly nothing of himself you seem to be well read as well as a respectable person....," The captain of the guard said while observing Nihilim as he settled into the guest room.

Nihilim had recently appeared in the realm of Light to search for answers to himself and his origins. Unknowningly he had startled the local guards with his sudden appearance in the captial city. According to the captian, travel between the realms was known but usually only with certain people and in sanctioned areas. The very fact that he had appeared so suddenly and so passively it raised a few red flags.

" I noticed that myself years ago when I appeared in the Void. I don't remember anything but over the last ten years I've noticed a few things...," He explained calmly.

" I am very calm, even in the face of annoyance or anger. I'm analytical and very calculating and I seem to be very intelligent and good with my hands and I am not above getting my hands dirty, seeing as how I lived in the woods. At the very least....I don't seem to be a bad person."

The captain noticed that the mans voice dropped off with a heavy hint of uncertainty and a bit of saddness. He figured that not know who he was as a person completely was really tearing him up inside. In reality, no one really completely know who they are. But for someone like Nihilum, the poor man knew next to nothing at all about himself.

" You must forgive me when I seem a bit catious and even a bit skeptical about where you proclaim to come from. It has been said that visitors from the Void have happened before but in all of those instences those individuals did nothing but cause chaos. The tale you tell leads me to believe that the Void it's that much different from any of the other realms, abiet it's state at the moment you could call...broken and barren...," The Captain said in explaination.

" It's alright, Captain. I understand your concerns. You have a lot of people to protect and worry about. If you have seen some of the things I have in the Void, I can assure you that you have every right to be cautious. I do not fault you for your position, believe me."
The two seemed to talked for a long while, exchanging stories and getting to know eachother. It would be a while before Nihilum would be approved to see the ruler of this new land he found himself in. He was on his way though. And he even learned the name of the Goddess, as the Captain called her.

Sarah.

Sarah Rayne. He thought it was a pretty name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry that this is so short. I was honestly trying to crank out as much as I could but this was as much as I could come up with at the moment. I'll get into the groove of things the more the story goes on.

----------
it's cool. I'll write a little snippet of What sarah's doing and where she's at tomorrow and post it tomorrow night. but we are moving forward and that's a good start.
-----------

We walked in silence for the rest of the way until we finally reached the steps to E.D.G.E. headquarters and Nero stopped.

“Akino, there are a lot of things your parents hid from you.” I slowly nodded.

“Yes, I’ve known this for years.”

“Then you know it was for your protection.”

“How would leaving me in the dark about anything dangerous protect me?” Nero sighed. We both knew where this conversation was headed. We stood in silence once again. The only sound was coming from the steady sound of rainfall and the occasional rumble of thunder.

“Fine.” Nero said suddenly.

“Fine?” I asked.

“I can see that flame in your eyes that’s similar to my mother’s. And she said she got that from your father.” What was he getting at? “Your parents wanted you to have a normal life but since several years ago that opportunity was lost. You’re a Guardian, Akino. Your parents have to come to terms with that fact.” I had a hard time figuring out which side Nero was on. Mine or my parents. It seemed more like he was on his own side. Just wanting what was best for everyone in the long run. That was the Nero I knew; looking out for everyone’s best interest.

When we went inside the tall building a security guard immediately put himself in front of us.

“I.D.” He stated. The guard wasn’t that big at all. He was more of an average buld but his eyes held a coldness in them.

“Don’t tell me you don’t recognize who I am.” I stated. I had no I.D. and I never came here on my own before. I was hoping that since I was the daughter of a well-known member I might get special treatment. I’m sure there are better ways to go about this but no others came to mind.

The guard stood glaring at me. He apparently thought I was joking and he wasn’t even close to cracking a smile. I could understand how he felt. Who walks into a high security area with no badge and just says, “I hope you recognize me.” I blushed when I realized how stupid I must have looked.

“Look,” Nero stepped in front of me. “we need to see Mr. Yumari. We don’t work here so we don’t have an I.D. but maybe someone can vouch for us. This is an important matter, I assure you.” The guard at least seemed to be thinking about what to do. He finally pulled out his radio and asked for some type of assistance. I hope it wasn’t assistance in escorting two random people out the front doors.

A woman with long, amber colored, pigtails approached, soon afterward. Her facial features suggested her to be Asian but, unless her hair color was dyed, that was it. Her skin was pale as well. She looked like a cross between Asian and Irish. She talked with the guard for a moment before dismissing him. She then turned to me and Nero.

“Hello, my name is Mei. I am the head CEO of E.D.G.E.” Short and to the point. I didn’t think it was possible to be blunt and nice at the same time but Mei did it without any difficulty. She looked at me and nodded. “Akino, now that I see you up close, you definitely resemble your mother. So what is it that you need?” Nero cleared his throat and Mei turned her attention towards him.

“We actually came to see Zack.” Lei looked taken aback.

“Then I guess what you’re here for isn’t regarding E.D.G.E. matters then?”

“It is and it’s not.”

“What?”

“I have to speak with Zack first. He will then decide if E.D.G.E. has anything to do with this.” Now a look of utter confussion was portrayed on Mei’s face.

“So he can decide that but the CEO of the very company he works for can’t?” Nero waved his hands apologetically.
“Don’t misunderstand my intentions. I do not mean to insult you in anyway. You see, this is a matter involving Zack’s status as a Guardian.” Now Mei seemed to understand.

“Why didn’t you just say so? Follow me, then, please. There shouldn’t be any delay if this involves Guardian matters.” If it was that easy to get in the facility, I wondered if anyone could walk up, mention anything about Guardians, and be let through.
We were led onto an elevator that took us to our desired floor and Mei led us to large double doors. When she opened them my eyes grew wide. The room was massive with many people. Most of the people in the room sat at lined rows of computers while others were running in and out of the run. Most likely errands, I guessed. I reminded me of the command centers you see in movies that help a space shuttle do its mission. In the middle of the large room was a large circle of four desks.

At one of them sat my father chatting with several other coworkers. He still looked fairly young despite being forty years plus. I guess it has something to do with being a Guardian. You get to retain your prime age and looks. Zack seemed to notice us right away. A broad smile played across his face and he pardoned himself from his coworker before rushing to us.

That’s my dad; Always energetic. I always thought he would steal that excess energy he has from my mother and I because it seemed we would get tired just by watching him move around so much.

“Well, Well! What’s my daughter doing here?” I gave him a quick hug.

“Hi, Dad. Actually, I was brought here by Nero.” Zack’s smile faltered a little and turned to Mei.

“What’s going on?” He asked and Mei shrugged.

“He didn’t tell me a thing.” Nero stepped foreward.

“My mother, Sarah Rayne, sent me to speak with you. The matter concerns your position as a Guardian.” Nero turned to me. “This also includes you and your aunt as well.” Zack’s smile, now, was completely gone.

“I guess this is serious.” Zack stated.

“There are concerns about the Void Realm.”

“Where Kai and Evelyn are from, correct?” Nero nodded.

“There is a portal open and my mother had a vision of an army flowing forth from it. There may be the possibility of an invasion from them on a grand scale.” Zack put a hand through his white hair.

“How do you know if what Sarah saw was a premonition or a metaphorical vision? I don’t remember her visions being vivid or blunt.”

“Judging by what happened in England, the same thing could happen again.” Zack frowned.

“Okay, tell me what do you have that is factual?” Zack brought out a notepad and a pin.

“Well, there is a portal open. That’s how the others got here.” Zack nodded.

“Yes, but it is also very weak and small. Only a couple people could go through it in the span of several years. Hell, it’s not even detectable. And you’re saying an army is going to come through that same portal?” nero remained silent. Zack needed hard facts to be able to do anything. Even if he wanted to really help he couldn’t perform actions without evidence. Mei cleared her throat and everyone turned towards her.

“If this is a Guardian matter, then why not ask your sister, Zack?” The smile reappeared on Zack’s face. “Good call. Get Lara to help you guys out. She’s going to be easier to reach out to, considering she’s not a part of E.D.G.E.” Zack wrote something down and tore the page out of his notebook. He then handed it to Nero. “That’s her address.” Zack turned to me.

“I know I’ve tried to give you a normal life and I know how much you hated that, but it—”

“Was to keep me safe.” I finish his sentence. The same sentence he has repeated to me for the past eight years. “I know. But this is my destiny, right? You can’t hide from that.” My dad nodded his head and I gave him another hug.

“I’ll let your mother know what’s up. I’ll try to lay it on her softly. She’ll blow a gasket when she finds out you’re giving up on school.” I smiled. I’m told I get my warm smile from my father as well. Dad chuckled.

“This very well may be my most dangerous assignment. If I don’t make it back then I leave my possessions to you.” We both laugh and say our goodbyes before Mei leads me and Nero back to the entrance.

“Good luck.” Mei said as we exited the building. Hopefully, Zack was right in saying there wasn’t an immediate threat. The thought of facing an army is definitely unsettling. But regardless of whether or not people were invading I can finally feel that ting of excitement and fulfillment like I felt when teaming up with my friends to defend Japan those eight years back.

8377-fantasy-queen.jpg
Sarah was walking through her large palace garden with her advisor discussing different matters to help better run the kingdom.

“My lady, the people still are at unease about Sir Vincent’s transformed state. They say it is of pure evil and that even Vincent has a hard time controlling his sanity.” Sarah stopped, her advisor almost running into her.

“Vincent has been with us for many years. The people I know have grown kind and comfortable towards him.” Sarah turned to her advisor. “Collette, who exactly are these ‘people’ you speak of?” Sarah and Collette stared at each other in silence until the advisor adjusted her glasses as an excuse to break eye contact.

“I-it was Angel. She brought these matters before the counsel as well. It is unusual having someone here with us that we know little to nothing about.” Sarah turned back around and assumed her walk.

“Angel is the one that constantly makes matters worse. She is never satisfied.”

“She is only thinking of what is best in her own eyes. I’m sure she doesn’t purposefully wish difficulty on you, my lady.”

“I only wish I could think and feel the same way you do.”

Someone came rushing to them. It was one of the palace guards.
“My lady. There is an unusual visitor here.”

“Unusual?” Sarah asked and the guard nodded.

“He arrived here by warping within our castle walls right outside the palace gate. He says he’s from the Void Realm.” Sarah was in shock. Only evil had put itself from the Void Realm so far. Strong and dangerous enemies that threatened to consume Earth. “He says he comes in peace. If what he speaks is the truth then he may hold valuable information on the Void Realm since it is shrouded in mystery.” Sarah thought for a bit. What if he was an assassin? What if he really came in peace?

“Have him meet me in the grand hall. We shall see who this man is.”

--------------------------------

Nihilim entered the palace room and was instantly greeted by several rows of guards standing in between him and the Queen, who sat on a throne that sat at the top of stairs. There were many other people in the room as well. Nobles and even the counsel held a spot on the balcony. Mages, sorcerers, and witches held spells in place to protect the royalty and to obliterate anything that threatened them.

“Welcome, to the Realm of Light.” Sarah spoke. Her soft voice easily heard thanks to the room’s shape. “I am Queen of Realms. I hear that you are from the Void Realm. Tell me, young man. What is your reason for stepping foot outside your realm and onto mine?”

He was feeling a bit odd, standing before the guards and looking up to the Queen standing above him. He had never before been in the presence of someone like her, or at the very least he didn't remember anything of the sort. Trying to seem as respectful as possible, He kneeled to the floor and sat in the seiza position on his knees, laying his scythe lateral on the floor next to him.

" I do not know if the other guards or the Captain has informed you of my position, but I have no memory of who or what I am. Over a decade ago I awoke in the Void Realm with no recollection of anything. Only that I was alive. Over my time there I was finally given access to knowledge of other places and I decided to come here in order to search for answers to my origins...," He said in a short explanation.

" I must say it is....irritating. Knowing little to nothing about yourself.."

Not long after his explanation the Captain of thr guard arrived behind him, kneeling to the queen and nodding in approval.

" I have spend a great deal of time with him, My Lady. I've seen no signs or elements of deception. It would seem to me that what he speaks is of the truth. If it wasn't, I truly believe he wouldn't of just appeared in our land so openly and hearnestly. From what we have seen of the others from that place....He seems to be one of the kindest men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting," The Captain added.

Nilhilum looked to the man and nodded with a small smile of thanks. It had been a long time since he had known of any real kindness from anyone. Sarah looked down to the man and observed over his features. He was tall, easy on the eyes with burgundy hair. Even through the cloak and robes she could tell he was a lean but toned person. But the thing that captured her the most was his pair of burning coals for eyes. They were beautiful and yet to some, a little frightening.

" Tell me your name...," Sarah said to him camly awaiting his answer.

" My name is Nihilum. From what I am told it is the latin word for Nothingness and No One. I must say it is very fitting for my standing in life at the moment. It is the only thing of myself that I remember. The gods must have a heavy sense of irony for my destiny."

From that point, he went on into the task of telling his her history of his life so far for the last 10 years. From his awakening in the Void, to his powers and the fear they induced in the people just by existing to his life in the woods before coming here. All the while, Sarah listened with a very open ear.

He was only hoping that she had a open mind to the unknown, which he was a walking embodiment of.

Yu paced around uneasily in his room. The encounter just now had clearly shook him to some extent. For all these years, he had avoided any forms of fighting, yet today he was forced to act out of reflex to save a child from harm.

Riku was saved, but what concerned him more was the cloaked figures that have harmed him.

They knew his name. That should have been impossible after he vanished from Europe, and he had been careful on the journey back. Still, he should have known there would be a few persistent individuals...

Lilith and Astrid. Their two names came to Yu's mind almost immediately. While they did not partake in the final struggle with Evelyn, he knew that they had escaped the conflict somehow. Could they have been responsible? Their revenge against him?

A possibility. He won't deny Astrid's hot temper - the one which worried him more was Lilith. Back when he was a member of Ergon and had a brief relationship with Evelyn, Lilith had looked at him once with something deeper than hatred in her eyes. He never forgot that gaze. And not to mention her hypnotic powers, which nearly caused him to lose his mind.

"Still thinking about what happened?" Yuki came over, and the two sat on his bed.

"Yeah...I mean...out of the blue. Four years without anything happening, and then suddenly, something happens. This can't be coincidence." Yu said.

"I was sure we concealed all traces of our location...and Faith and Miss Elisa to keep a secret...but how? They know who you are." a puzzled Yuki scratched her head.

"Probably someone eavesdropped on the conversation. But if they had to wait four years before taking action...it means that they are planning for something." Yu deduced.

"Planning for what?"

Before Yu could continue, he heard knocking.

"At this hour..."

He opened the door to see a man with blonde hair accompanied by a girl. The former bowed to him, then gestured for his partner to do the same.

"Finally found you. Its been one hell of a train ride...but you are exactly where we were told you reside...Yamase Yu." the man said.

"....Who the hell are you? Never seen you around in these parts. And I'm pretty sure you got the wrong person." Yu said.

"Don't think so. A certain individual was very helpful in giving us certain...information to your whereabouts, and your identity. "The Vampire Prince", as you were known during your time in Ergon...one who turned his back on the human race...but returned to the light to turnaround that battle in their
favour."

At this, Yu's eyes narrowed, but he showed no visible emotion.

"You think too much. I'm merely an honest, simple farmer. I've heard about that battle, but at that time I was far away in Japan."

"We didn't come all the way here to hear your denial, man. You are who you are." The man took out something from his pocket and flashed it in front of Yu's face. It was Yu's portrait, taken back when he was at Scarlet Wind headquarters.

He let the picture fall at his feet. Yu took a brief glance before looking back at the man.

"Well, assuming I am that Yu person....what are you looking him up for?" Yu asked.

"Simple." At this, the man brandished two swords - one long, one short from their scabbards, and held them into a very familiar stance.

"To cut you down. The name's Gabriel....you would do well to remember that."

Sarah and, gracefully, made her way down the steps from her throne. Without a word the guards and mages parted to make room for her to pass by.

“You may stand.” Sarah’s calm voice said and Nihilim stood. Sarah was no more than a couple of feet from him, as her hands cupped his head, gently, and she closed her eyes.

“Stop!” A sudden voice called out as the doors to the Grand Hall opened. A woman walked in followed by several of her own personal guards.

“Angel, what is the meaning of this?” Sarah asked as Angel made her way to Sarah and Nihilim, the crowd parting for her as well. Once Angel was close enough she stopped. Her iris in both eyes were barely visible, meaning, Angel was blind. But her blindness didn’t keep her from thrusting a finger in Nihilim’s face.

“This being is just another demon, spawned, from the Void!” The crowd began murmuring. A guard called for silence and the crowd was quiet again.

“You are way out of line, Angel!” Sarah said, sternly. Everyone knew Angel wanted to be the queen of the Light Realm and was close to doing so until Sarah came and claimed it. Angel was of Noble birth but Sarah was of Royal blood. Angel never bothered trying to hide her anger when the throne was taken from her.

“Do you not remember the events of what happened with Evelyn? And the man before her? They were both from the Void as well. I can sense this man’s hostile energy.” Angel then turned directly towards Nihilim. “I will have eyes and ears on you constantly! No matter where you travel to—no matter what Realm. If I even see a hint of malice I will have you experience the pain of ten thousand deaths before I kill you.” Before Sarah could get on Angel again, the woman turned around and marched out of the Hall, followed by her guards.

Back