Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

@VILARCANE: augh, I'm dying. those puns.... but yeah, Astachef might stir up some new ideas for us all.

@everyone: lovely work, people. I'll write my critiques when voting begins

I remember reading somewhere that each entrant is only allowed one entry per contest. If that's true, please disregard this first design; I just wanted to post it because it fit the theme. My second design will be my entry.
spam-musubi-resize-png.42623

Just a little something to use on people who complain about spam. If you don't know what spam musubi is, compare to this:
spam-musubi.jpg

It's exactly what it looks like: a slice of fried spam and a block of white rice bound together by nori.

Recipe summary:
- Three Duffel Bags: one big one for the white rice, a thinner one for the spam, and a short one for the nori
hambie-png.43615

Ingredients:
- Sesame Seed Bun Hat
- Ketchup Hair, Makeup, and Lipstick
- Pickle Earrings
- Bacon Scarf
- Fried Egg Necklace - samurai helmet ornament + adjusted Ball
- Ground Beef Patty Chest with Cheese Ribbons
- Red Onion and Tomato Abdomen
- Lettuce Skirt
- Ground Beef Stockings with Cheese Ribbons and Lace
- Bread Bun Shoes
- French Fry Club

Both Hambie and Sushi guy are priceless, and that onion ring scarf and fried egg necklace lol...the great idea is to have all the ingredients in between the two bread slices...

Ok, so here is the thing, i hijacked the kids' 360 this night...Originally just for a quick shots of Astachef (as prompted by our most beloved and lenient moderator). Then i ended up spending an hour and a half messing around with some of my iconic CAS to produce the following...

So those are all my entries, but as i said, it is mostly for inspiration as i am not competing since i won/was tied with Brucege for the previous one...
you can give me "honour votes" though, if you wish, but i'd be more interested in actual comments rather than votes or likes.
Seems this board is getting some new blood and life, which is good btw :)

Now you will see what you can do with ExEq with a little technique and patience...

First, let me introduce you to AstaChef and her Commis (Aide de Cuisine / Cooking aid in french) May O'Neese (French and Irish descendance)...
AstaChef is specialized in italian food (mostly pizza, hence the tomate sauce all over his apron...). He is madly in love with May, but she isn't in return, that is why he has got a cracked egg tattoo stickered on his apron, like a broken heart of sorts (you see, May loves eggs).
He loves to cook cats, he is what we call, behind clawsed doors, a felunatic de la haute cuisine française, oui monsieur !

I sliced Asta in three pieces for close-ups and because i did an updated version of him (as you can see on the chest portion)

Now some more closeup shots and a gameplay one :

He is not fighting there, as you can see, just moving ingredients around in his kitchen mind you, but feel free to edit brucege :P)
¨

Now onto May O'Neese, a french irish commis for AstaChef who specializes in all kind of egg recipies, especially oeuf mimosa (google that and you'll get the pun with the name no doubt) and fried egg...she is not so good with the pan though, sometimes eggs don't land where supposed to when she flips them, but hey, Asta always come to her rescue when that happens, hum, I wonder why ? :P

Now that was for the serious ones, some goofy ones coming...

Last edited:
Well, here is Shortcake (originally Strawberry and Shortcake. I am not sure if she counts as she is more of an overall cake color theme rather then having any cake stuff on her.

Shortcake.jpg

Sorry but except for the fact she is ubercute as a button and i would certainly like a piece of her :P, i don't really see the food theme...what i mean is if you hadn't written her name, who could say she is a food themed CAS ? Maybe strengthen your design by adding stickers or more relevant use of ExEq...
Oh and since you are into cakes, I challenge thee to reproduce my sticker cracked egg ! Not a piece of cake i tell ya :P

PS : I spoiler tagged my big goofy pics for better page readability, you can then click on them for closeup (less convenient but better for page loads right ? :)

Yeah, I agree with you. It's the only remotely related thing I have ATM though and I lent my USB stick to a friend which means I couldn't give you a picture of a more food themed character if I had one.

Voting begins now! Voting will conclude on Tuesday, April 14. I'll have a detailed review up with my final vote soon.

Brucege's Anna Fragaria absolutely takes the cake for me. She's jam-packed with real strawberry flavor.
- strawberry hair ornament
- strawberry top with stickers, bat wings, and dragonfly wings for the leaves
- strawberry shield with stem-and-leaf sword

No matter what angle you look at this design from, it's strawberry fields forever. Great work!

If I wasn't as busy, I'd actually fix my rush delivery CAS to stand a chance. Alas, I can at least delete for a new thing and put more work into the next ones(without using any DLC). Anyways, between ThePascuzzi and brucege, it's a tough decision.

brucege made a true berry themed CAS that smashed my rushed design idea of incoherent and wish-washy theme of cherries and cold Christmas. The design screams strawberries and she's loaded with them. My personal nitpick of her is: I'd give her pants or at least shorts and replace the boots for something more cute or elegant. Her name is Anna Fragaria, and she sounds cute and elegant. As she is now, she'd almost wreck the silly Strawberry Shortcake doll. Why not be a bit more modest attired my fair Anna Fragaria?

ThePascuzzi on the other, always precise and coherent that it grates me(he's not the only CAS artist that does this). Not only did I look on with complete envy, I was wowed. Both CAS just worked. Spam musubi was quirky yet creative as heck to look at, but hamburger girl stole the show. Not because she represented one of my most favorite foods and the fact she's using Yoshis style. It's those "why didn't I think of that?" ideas. My only nitpick is I love she's using Yoshi style, but isn't there any other weapon style that'd compliment her better?

Honorable mentions goes out to Pallomine and VILARCANE. Mainly Pallomine though.

VILARCANE
Asta-chef and Le Mayo Pyrrha were intriguing, but it's that wine drunk guy that caught my attention. I'm not one for drunk stuff, but 'tis a shame it wasn't really an entry. It was really good and humorous. Beard for manliness, blush for drunk he is, and beer-I mean wine. Should of entered him in, VILARCANE. Then you'd make me want to make a decision between you, brucege, and ThePascuzzi.

Pallomine
New inspiring CAS artist, and on point. Mamas boy was very very clever. His design is simple, yet the special equipment makes him stand out a lot. The colors are gentle as he, but that tray is once again clever. For what it's worth, you get the "best Special Equipment" award.

My vote is for ThePascuzzi. The nitpicks of critique for him and brucege will tell you why. Everyone else I didn't mention, there's always next time and good job guys.

My vote goes to @ThePascuzzi's burger girl: everything, from the wacky colors to the equipment choices, contributes to the burger theme. Even the stocky physique. The burger theme is also instantly recognizable with little to no explanation required. The design's I-clearly-don't-give-a-fuck attitude and sense of humor is also a refreshing change of pace from the usual hardass, uber warriors or the prissy mcfancy-pants. Nice, vivid colors for maximum visual appeal too.

Some additional notes:
@LordOf2HitCombo's pizza girl: Smart use of the Japanese kimono pattern to emulate pizza sauce and cheese. Cool slice of pizza too. A bit odd that it clings to the crotch like that, but whatever. Interesting drink build too. Props for working in a full meal set.

@VILARCANE's ref chef: I like the apron and hat stripes. Very fashionable. Perhaps he works part time as a referee? Is that gravy spilled all over the apron? Gravy and eggs sounds delicious.

@Nyte's Sumo Aeon: simple character design. but you do incorporate food with the Aeon weps. Gets the job done.

@Pallomine's Mama's boy: Love that corset. I'll need to use that trick sometime. Great how it echoes the lacing on Pattycake's pants too. Superb tray of muffins and garnish.

@VILARCANE's Dino: Love the beard and cartoony drunk blush. Very in character.

@Francis's Arianna: Great punk/goth outfit. It's hard to do modern, but you pulled it off fairly well.

@Pocky-Yoshi's Sheri: I actually really like the casual outfit. Especially those boots. Cherry in the hair is nifty too.

@ThePascuzzi's spam roll: I've seen him/her before, but cool stuff as always.

@VILARCANE's Astachef: Love that 'stache. Super quirky. I think the cracked egg's a circle with the bullet hole scar. Poor cat though. Looks like he's getting served in tomato sauce with a side of chocolate ice cream.

@VILARCANE's : I'm positively eggs-tatic from all these food CaS! She could get burned in the kitchen with all exposed skin. That takes some courage.

@Mishka's Shortcake: all that pink and white's giving me diabetes lol. JK. Super moe-style.

Oh, and I really appreciate your comments, @Pocky-Yoshi. You are totally right about the lack of modesty. She turned out much, much trampier than her pencil sketch, which was ballerina-esque. The only way I could get that torso into a strawberry shape was to go without pants, sadly. And the XL cup size was meant to suggest the bulging top of the berry. I usually try to avoid extreme moe-fication, but pushing the strawberry theme took top priority.

Last edited:
I vote for bruceges berry nice CAS.
Eggstatic lol but no my egg is a per axis distorted plain round sticker under a gray 'n black sticker 72 twig or smthg.
Damn ! Too bad i didn't make Dyonisos an entry...The god of debauchery wine n food (true greek mythology, roman name's Bacchus btw)

These are all so beautiful! If Spam Musubi is eligible, my vote goes to, uh... it. If not, then I'd have to vote for Mama's Boy.

Here's the final vote count:
Burger girl - 2
Mama's boy - 2
Sb fairy - 2
S.Musubi - 1
Great job, everyone! Super close contest, but @ThePascuzzi takes gold (2 + 1 votes). Congratulations! You can choose our next theme whenever you're ready.

Back