movement

ando1184

[09] Warrior
the title explains it all. im looking to discuss how u guys make voldo move best defensively and offensively, strats. even throw in sum canceling tricks if you knw any guys. meaning, best way to make him back dash and step around characters such as hilde, who apparently has the best step in da game an voldo's step tends to b kinda weak from what i hear.

an example of sum of da stuff im referring to is: "my" way of getting in close is constantly tapping 6, 8, 6, 8 or 6, 2, 6, 2 etc.

so lets share whatcha got folks :)

With having a very poor step, the best option is not to try and step at all. Instead, use the evasive properties of his moves to your advantage. There is a couple of things you can do to Hilde after blocking one of her charges, and I will explain the situation in which they should be used.

After blocking C1B, C2B, C3B, C1A, C2A, or C3A, even FC C2B you can do 236B and nothing Hilde can do to stop you, except for step it, but you can play a mixup with her if she starts catching on:

236B: Hilde will get hit if she releases any attack after you block any of the charges listed above.

If they start stepping after executing one of the charge moves listed above, you can attempt to throw them if you are in range. Most of the time you are in range because most of these charge moves force her to advance into close to mid range, which you can use to your advantage.

Try not to whiff anything. It is ok sometimes to get your 236B stepped, because, chances are that if she punishes you with a C3B or something, you will have changed her direction of attack and made the terrain control she worked for to get your back facing an edge useless as you will have moved behind her. You also might recover in Blind Stance and this will make the Doom Combo end early.

or use 22A if you expect them to try and step a 236B after having one of their charge moves blocked. If she blocks it, she has nothing she can use to punish it at this range. Nothing.

This is a majority of what I do to detour Hilde's from doing those charge moves. Block, duck and punish throws, space with 22A, and make them scared of 236B by using it in the above method.

Also, pretty much after anything Hilde does that you blocked you can do 236B. Keep that in mind.

yeah ive done that b4 thnx for the input, but im jus wondering if any1 has stepping, evasive strats that they care to share. not just a focus on hilde but general overall movement, hell even good cancelling techniques. but thnx enk, that was helpful info as well :)

I was hoping to hide some anti-Hilde stuff here. I didn't want to make a specific thread about it. :p Hope you don't mind.

I wanted to add that you can also step yourself if you think Hilde will step after having a charge move blocked, thusly changing the terrain to the side.

I was hoping to hide some anti-Hilde stuff here. I didn't want to make a specific thread about it. :p Hope you don't mind.

I wanted to add that you can also step yourself if you think Hilde will step after having a charge move blocked, thusly changing the terrain to the side.

hide away bro :)

Back