Sophitia
Yunsung
Xianghua

Throws whiff on the following opponents:

Guarding:
Cervantes
Nightmare
Siegfried

The B of 2K B also whiffs like 90% of the time.

Patch is out (on Xbox) and apparently some Whiffing issues were fixed.
Any discoveries on what is working properly now?

From my limited testing 3B does not seem to be fixed in any way...
Have not tested throws or several of his other issues.

Whiffing was not fixed, but I have a more accurate explanation of it, and they're related.

Cervantes, Nightmare and Siegfried have large hit boxes that deal with collision, such that if you're standing next to them, you'll get pushed back just out of throw range if they block. If you do 6B+G or 6A+G, you WILL throw them if they block, because you're temporarily inside of their collision hitbox and thus in throw range.

This could be fixed by increasing Apprentice's throw range just a little, meaning he probably has the shortest throw range in the game right now.

Amy, Apprentice, Cassandra, Ivy, Sophitia, Yunsung, Xianghua are the opposite, they have extremely small hitboxes while crouching and guarding, such that if you're too close, 3B whiffs. If you take a half a step back, your 3B WILL connect with them if they're crouch guarding.

This could be fixed by reducing the minimum range of Apprentice's 3B.

33_99bb whiffs on the force blast if it is done from the side (especially with nightmare), which is ironic since its a 8 way run move!

2B+K:B,B,6B,A+B the force pull will whiff on the smaller females like Sophie and X. sigh...
Same thing applies for B+K,B,B,6B,A+B. Probably the worst moves Apprentice could have to whiff IMO.

I'm sure it's common knowledge that the second hit of B,B whiffs if the first one connects at tip range, but didn't notice it posted in this thread.

Throw whiff? Apprentice has a difficult time throwing Cervantes while guarding

ah didnt check the first post all the way. But yeah

Back