Movies won't play?

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
Ok all day today I have not been able to watch any videos on this site. I click on the picture, the start button, and anything else I can think of and the damn things won't start. Is anyone else having this problem? If its just me is there some kind of setting I need to change to let them play?

are you trying to watch them at school?

at my house they work on the latest beta ff but at school on ie they wont play

I havn't been inside a school in years man. I am using ie so if thats the problem then that is complete bs.

I havn't been inside a school in years man. I am using ie so if thats the problem then that is complete bs.
lol i dont know if you go to college or not no affence just checking all bases

download firefox or chrome and see if it plays

lol i dont know if you go to college or not no affence just checking all bases

download firefox or chrome and see if it plays

Been using Firefox for years. Adobe flash and all plug ins are up to date and the videos still don't work for me.

I'm having this problem as well and I'm using FireFox at home and this start happening to me about 3 days ago.IDK what's going on?

Well this is just plain ridiculous. The movie players are working again for me but now the whole damn site is getting glitchy. On the main page the character portraits are in a straight vertical column (minor detail) and my notifications don't wanna come up so I gotta click "show all" to see any of them. The worst though is that for some damn reason the site doesn't seem to like me quoting anybody or just posting in general. When I try to quote it sends me to the "reply to thread" page instead of the bottom where it usually does and the quoted text doesn't show up, and alot of times when I just try to type a response normally it sends me to an error page that reads "must contain a valid reply" when there was definitely text in the box. I have found that if the reply box at the bottom is white where the text goes then that means it won't work and I gotta refresh the page until it is the proper gray, it's just annoying that I gotta keep doing this. I had to refresh this page 4 times before I could type all this in!

8WAYRUN-Y-U-NO-LIEK-ME.jpg

And now I can't view anything in spoiler tage cuz they refuse to open for me. What in the nine hells is going on with this site?

korn man if i were you i would reinstall your browser cuse it sounds like your the only one (now) with the issues

i would also sugest a scrubbing of your pc for viruses

Go get Chrome....

XenForo is pretty heavy on the javascript side and pretty rigid standards compliant. If you're using IE9 (which is horrible) or below, or some pre-release of IE10 then you'll have rendering issues like you said.

https://www.google.com/chrome

A new problem!!! joy Whenever I try to do link text it doesn't work for me and all I get open is a page that says "open:blank". I've been putting it as {url="ip address"}text here{/url} but obviously with [] instead of {}. Is this the wrong way to do it or is something else going on?

Say I wanna put a link to the Random Post Thread. I try this-
Click here for the Random Post Thread.

And it doesn't work. Now when I just put the ip address itself in-
http://8wayrun.com/threads/random-post-thread.5373/

It works no problem. Wtf am I doing wrong?

XenForo will automatically try to mark up some patterns of text into what it expects.

For example, if you post a youtube link it will generally try to wrap it in a YouTube embedded player without you needing to add any mark up.

The same thing is happening for you - when you paste the link in, XenForo is actually inserting it's own {url} tags *in addition* to the URL tags you insert. Try to reply to your own post to see the mark-up that was automatically added by XenForo.

XenForo will automatically try to mark up some patterns of text into what it expects.

For example, if you post a youtube link it will generally try to wrap it in a YouTube embedded player without you needing to add any mark up.

The same thing is happening for you - when you paste the link in, XenForo is actually inserting it's own {url} tags *in addition* to the URL tags you insert. Try to reply to your own post to see the mark-up that was automatically added by XenForo.

It doesn't show the code. It just shows the link'd text just like in the post even when in the reply box.

Back