My brother had a 64 win streak on the beta with his basic Ivy -_-

StrongbeardTG

[02] Apprentice
Maybe I'm being a tad harsh, but the guy literally went nub scrubbin' his way to 64 wins with a very unremarkable game plan that consisted of LOTSS of 2A+G and some 2B+K. What I noticed is that BOTH moves appeared to track well and 2B+K LH's for big combo damage.

His PSN tag is Criminahull btw in case you were one of the unfortunate victims to his low AT spamming.

I predict her to be nerfed hard on that grab though. Meh once her frame data releases I will exploit her weaknesses without shame.

PS_Messages_20181001_201405.jpg

Got a pic of him at 61 wins. I'm telling you he didn't deserve those numbers.

That and frequently retreating to the edge to ring out with her back throw. Don't remember if I enountered this particular Ivy, but I do remember one or two Ivy's that would struggle under pressure and then attempt to use tactics and gimmicks to quickly end fights if they could.

Ironically, I did finally figure out that this Ivy has all her unblockable gimmicks from SC2 back. Which means the basic answers were, duck, step and don't rush in when you see the tells.

What i found is I would get caught up quickly with either 2a+g if i didn't rush in, and if i did, it would be that really long ranged vert. THen the Ivy would retreat to the otherside of the stage and play keep away all game.

Yoshimitsu's CE does well to keep her in check I think.

**Is the second hit of her long ranged 66[A] a high?

Last edited:
You're not fooling Anybody. Criminahull has been playing for All of SCV. Plus when you have good character knowledge it's easy to spam to Victory. If have probably the same thing if I wasn't testing out 4-5 Characters. And if course, Ivy is strong, combined with players not knowing anything about the Game.

You're not fooling Anybody. Criminahull has been playing for All of SCV. Plus when you have good character knowledge it's easy to spam to Victory. If have probably the same thing if I wasn't testing out 4-5 Characters. And if course, Ivy is strong, combined with players not knowing anything about the Game.
Yes, he has been playing this long. That being said, he is BASIC. Lol, in all seriousness he is decent but you have no idea how many games I've clocked in against his Ivy/Tira. I can say that his SCV Tira is just as capable if not better than his SCV Ivy. The thing is he got maybe 10 games win streak with Tira in the beta while his Ivy clearly flattened the unsuspecting beta crowd. He plays both chars equally.

I think she (Ivy) needs some adjustments, albeit nothing too extensive.

Yes, he has been playing this long. That being said, he is BASIC. Lol, in all seriousness he is decent but you have no idea how many games I've clocked in against his Ivy/Tira. I can say that his SCV Tira is just as capable if not better than his SCV Ivy. The thing is he got maybe 10 games win streak with Tira in the beta while his Ivy clearly flattened the unsuspecting beta crowd. He plays both chars equally.

I think she (Ivy) needs some adjustments, albeit nothing too extensive.
Come on, this was an online beta. The majority of players have zero knowledge coming into the beta. Ivy requires some matchup knowledge, so it's not surprising that he had a massive win streak. Ivy looks like she might be strong but nothing suggests that she needs any major changes... changes which btw might already be happening anyways in a day one patch.

Thank you for curing my iodine deficiency with this post.

Uhh, there's no iodine in salt random person??
Sodium=/=Iodine Lesson for the day kids.

Also weren't you banned from 8wr for soliciting new players to money matches (hustlin') and lag switching?

How dare you.

That's a very interesting thread. Ivy's fate is a heavy reckoning with the almighty nerf hammer IMHO. At least one or two of these problems I'd wager.

Back