My CAS Gallery- over 50 characters and growing

NEW:

Raiden (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Raiden.jpg

Not sure how I feel about him, particularly his legs. Thoughts? Zwei's pants can't take stickers, or else they would be so perfect :(

Sieg is one I'm not sure if I like him now or before. I'm heavily leaning towards using the Zwei parts, or at least the jacket:
Sieg_new.png

Incredible Sieg! wow, you re-created a classic underrated protagonist, i prefer creating original characters for the stories i write, but i gotta ask, what is your formula for Sieg? Z.W.E.I's fighting style fits it perfectly.

Incredible Sieg! wow, you re-created a classic underrated protagonist, i prefer creating original characters for the stories i write, but i gotta ask, what is your formula for Sieg? Z.W.E.I's fighting style fits it perfectly.
Thanks, always glad to hear more Chaos Legion love! I do indeed have a formula of sorts:

Okie dokie, got the formula up:
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/LordDraco3/Soul Calibur V CAS/Sieg Wahrheit Formula/
If I didn't add a value, it's probably straight black or white, such as the coat and fur colors.

That's my newer version though, if you like the one you quoted originally, just toss on Zwei's pants and boots rather than the ones I have in the formula, and color accordingly. It's a simpler design since you don't need to deal with the zipper sticker belts on his pants.

NEW Raidens:

MGS4 Raiden /w coat, and Metal Gear Rising/Revengence Raiden:
Took some liberties since I know his coat has sleeves, but I felt Zwei's coat fit the feel of the character, and it allowed me to focus on making his front view look good while covering up the back. It felt impossible to get a good sticker setup that would mimic his suit from all angles. I might try reversing the stickers/colors and see if that works (meaning: black body suit, with white stickers on the legs rather than a white suit with black torso stickers)...
Raiden_MGS4.jpg

So there's apparently no good pics to go off of for him yet, and they all look different from each other. But this is what I came up with, ultimately. I was disappointed in being forced to use the white knight fauld, but there was literally no other option unless I tried to use special equips to make his hip/thigh area look right, but all of my special equips are needed elsewhere. I opted for bulky Zwei's gear over the typical muscled armor as it allowed more freedom with patterns, had better abs, the spiked spine works well with him, and the neck scarf works great for mimicking his neck mechanical parts. Also the armor has those annoying gold parts that can't be changed.

Though, one of the reasons I hated being forced to use parts instead of stickers, he looks like total ass after armor break, while MGS4 still looks awesome.
Raiden_Rising.jpg

Your russian squad is an interesting piece of CAS creation (i especially like the russian emblem design
I did position a gun on the hand of my spesznaz ivy, so it is possible (a chore admittedly), and i actually like your machine gun design too, pretty well done !

your Raiden show a lot of work and attention, yet the color scheme is not on par with the overall design, sadly.
Your other girly CAS : same remark about the colors (nice face though, not difficult to pull off with the face tatoos, but there the choice of colors is perfect ;o)

i must MUST say the raidens look pretty cool but my favorite is the revengeance, because of the color scheme the mgs4 version looks too bright i think...

oh and i must admit that in metal gear i like Raiden better than Snake as a character because of the desing, Raiden always get the best suits and the cool Vibro Blade

Your russian squad is an interesting piece of CAS creation (i especially like the russian emblem design
I did position a gun on the hand of my spesznaz ivy, so it is possible (a chore admittedly), and i actually like your machine gun design too, pretty well done !
I know, I love your Ivy. I voted for her ;) I wish I could see such similar designs for all of the characters!
Thanks!

your Raiden show a lot of work and attention, yet the color scheme is not on par with the overall design, sadly.
Your other girly CAS : same remark about the colors (nice face though, not difficult to pull off with the face tatoos, but there the choice of colors is perfect ;o)
Raiden is such a difficult work in progress, I've been tweaking him so much... any tips? What looks most "off" to you? Did I use too much blue for the second one? Do the coat version's stickers need to be darker tan? Sadly, a lot of his reference images are way different from each other, and the newer Raiden has almost no good images to go off of, so I had to kind of wing it on how I thought his colors should look without any filters (as many in-game images have filters, which is why I used the action figure as reference).

i must MUST say the raidens look pretty cool but my favorite is the revengeance, because of the color scheme the mgs4 version looks too bright i think...

oh and i must admit that in metal gear i like Raiden better than Snake as a character because of the desing, Raiden always get the best suits and the cool Vibro Blade
Thanks! I'll try and tone MGS4 down a bit, but he looks much darker on my TV screen (which is why I sometimes opt for a 25 black instead of a 31...but then screenshots makes a 25 look like a light grey).

I like Snake a lot as a character, particularly in 4, but Raiden is a BAMF! Plus, my girlfriend has been bugging me to cosplay him ever since we met. Someday, eventually...

Yes, it's a special item.
This is what I came up with for the chainsaw. The straps are too ugly for me to use it :(
It also has the DUMBEST pattern seam--right smack dab down the center. I wanted to try giving Comrade Astaroth a new backpack, but horizontal stripes look terrible due to the weird texture seam.
Ash_chainsaw_fail.jpg
I did find a use for the backpack in my new Siegfried below, though:

NEW/UPDATE:

Maska updated with Dark Warrior items. I was thuinking of making him wear more of the set as it matches his character PERFECTLY as a barbaric demon from the dawn of creation (I tend to draw him with bone armor), but decided to keep the shirtless version as it feels rather rare to find shirtless CAS, especially ones with crazy huge scars. I felt that covering up his torso would make him into just another CAS Nightmare demon.
Maska_DarkWarrior.jpg

NEW Siegfried P3!
JoJo_Siegfried.jpg

Vlad the Impaler with a bit of an update. Now I can't decide between the pirate coat, or xiba's top. Both give a very different vibe with the character, but I feel like both fit very well...
Vlad_Alternate.jpg

I like your way with the items, from a machine gun to a backpocket to a pipe.

I know you were the first to comment on my usage of patterns and stickers (which I now agree with), but I don't like how some patterns/stickers you use are very obtrusive and loud. A little subtlety would make them better in my opinion.

I like your way with the items, from a machine gun to a backpocket to a pipe.

I know you were the first to comment on my usage of patterns and stickers (which I now agree with), but I don't like how some patterns/stickers you use are very obtrusive and loud. A little subtlety would make them better in my opinion.
Thanks! :D

Haha, I guess I, myself am not a very "subtle" person, being into Rocky Horror, Repo!, and whatnot (just look at my creation of myself). I guess it shows through in my creations >_> Which examples are you thinking are too loud?

Dat impaler, awesome, i think the cervantes coat is the best choice, man, i love your CaS

I suppose I'll keep it as Cervantes, then. I like both, but can't take up two slots for a character I play so rarely D:

Back