My first dj mix. Comments plz!!

Artilust

[10] Knight
Here goes nothin!!!
mj3ako.jpg

This is my baby. My first real set. Ill look back on this someday and probably think it was terrible or incredibly amazing, but still my baby none the less. So I present to you my very first mix!

I still dont have a DJ name yet. Or a macbook. Maybe ill just use my government name.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60381443da614b74/

My first mix.

:::TRACKLIST:::
Deadmau5 - Slip
Destroy Disco - Fly Or Bounce (Bart B More Rerub)
James Talk & Ridney - Sunshyne
Dj Mehdi - I Am Somebody (Paris Version)
Uffie - Dismissed
ATFC - Praise To The Jbs
Deadmu5 - The Reward Is More Cheese
Rudenko - Everybody
Sungate vs. Guernica - Stop It (Massimo Nocito Mix)
Fedde Le Grand ft. Mitch Crown - Scared Of Me (Extended Mix)
ZXX & Paul Anthony - Tilt (Original Mix)
Thony Ritz - What I Am (Louis La Roche)
Fuzzy Hair - Yebele
**?????**

Comments please.

All of us who actually make music ourselves hardly ever get any comments in threads like this. So good luck getting comments for music that you didn't make yourself... :P

As time passes, I like trance less and less, but the transitions seem smooth. That's nice.
The problem with electronic music, and especially mixes, is that it's hard to tell what has been actually done, how much work you put on it, and what was the challenge...

Edit: I suppose that a good DJ would be someone who makes good transitions, in this case... Unless you remixed the songs as a whole too?

I never remixed anything, so I don't really know anything about that.

For me a "good DJ" so far is simply someone who plays good tracks on EVE Radio, heh. Not everyone can do that, because it needs a good ear, and you need to know where to look in order to find actually good songs... In the case of trance, that's pretty hard because a lot of it is just copy/paste filler shit slapped on a disk. (Which, I suppose, is why trance is seen as something extremely easy to produce.)
So I think that finding lots of quality trance to play, with a schedule, is respectable...
Although not in the same sense as someone who makes music.

Back