Natsu Movelist Discussion and Analysis (Pre-Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMind

BANNED FOREVER
Post here to discuss aspect of Natsu's movelist, including her Critical Edge, Brave Edges and normal moves (and their properties and strengths and weaknesses).

In the SCV Demo vids and trailers:

Assassins Secret (in SC IV Taki's 3bK) now in SC V stuns better (always) on counter hit.

SC II Stalker KA is back.

SC II Vacuum Drop Kick from PO is back. PO Low :)

Windroll gone? Looks like replaced by better PO Teleports. Reverse Possession Rush K launcher? YAY Edit: After a closer look it seems like she has WR too, hard to discern from PO because of the teleport-thingy.

BBK seems to be a new string. RO potential? K Hopefully doesn't have to be charged for KNockDown/RO/Wallsplat.

Assassins Feather launcher looks like back to 3B from neutral.
Weaving Blades Low,High Attack can also be done from neutral. 11_33A?
Good riddance Reverse Wind Roll A and B.

Also Fandance from Neutral. In SC IV WR A.

PO transitions look fast and smooth.
Sometimes it's hard to discern between strings and stance moves.

I also wonder how Quick Step and moves like 22_88B will work together.

WS AAA Cancel into PO looks super intimidating, as she jumps at the opponent, then teleports into PO.

I wanted to 3rd main this character on V, only I really don't think I can muster up using her in a competitive level efficiently. I AM wondering what the command is for Taki's 6A+B unblockable for Nastu, though. (just for the sake of completing the sig, ya'll)
From what I've read from people talking about her, yes... I did say... NASTU.

Wind Roll BKB seems to be gone, but now WR (or POR) BBB is a Natural Combo. In SCIV it was only Natural Counter Combo.
33_99K now seems to have the 2nd hit whiff on hit on a crouched opponent. Because the first hit locks the opponent in the crouch state, SCIV version was better, second hit didn't whiff.

If what you've said about 33_99K is true, then that's just stupid really. I guess now, NB_PJ would have ppl perform the move during a stun or as part of an air juggle for BOTH hits to land.
Eh...kinda bites.

So i was able to play for a few matches with Natsu in the Demo at FFM Rumble in Frankfurt, Germany.
It's a Demo so keep in mind that things can change.

BK is like the old one except unlike in SCIV you don't have to hold the K for knockdown and maybe RO. Seems to be NCC.

BBK is a new string also with knockdown and probably RO from the K without need to hold it, seems to be NCC.

6A+B is old 3bK from IV and now always stuns on CH (in IV it only stuns when only the second attack hits on CH) 4 to go into PO, at least PO B seems guaranteed maybe more.

3B is like in SCII (in IV RWR B) allows to juggle with AA or A:6 at least, maybe also KK and other stuff.

6AB and 6AK are new strings, 6AB seems High, Low, Mid, 6AK seems High Mid. both with KND and probably NCC.

7_8_9KA is SCII PO 7_8_9KA, nice tech- or super tech-jump, damage and knockdown. Don't know if old 7_8_9KKK still exists.

44A is SCIV WR A.

A+B is SCIV 66A.

33_66_99AB is a new string, SCIV 33_99A followed by SCIV 33_99B, seems to be NCC.

33_66_99B[BE] is like SCIV 66B:A with Guard Break. Can be comboed after 22_88B.

4A+B is single bomb, can be comboed into CE. I don't know if double bomb still exists.

I was able to do UB bomb but i'm not sure if the input was 2A+B or 66A+B

I feel like i just scratched the surface of what she's able to do and already she seems to have incredible juggle and combo possibilities.
Her inputs are really different from Taki as you can see above. Mostly for the better as you can do many good moves from neutral.
Her ways to go into PO vary too, for example after AA you push 6 to go into PO, after 6A+B you push 4 to go into PO.
She also has a special BE PO Rush(by inputting A+B+K when in PO) but i must admit i couldn't find out what it does.

...I was able to do UB bomb but i'm not sure if the input was 2A+B or 66A+B...

Whoa, Flesh... thanks for the discovery info! Yes, there are lots of new things to get used to with Natsu. I know that I had a difficult time organizing my moves with her even worse than my scrub game using online SCIV Taki. She was still fun to try though.
...Oh, Fleshmasher,... I also tried her UB bomb while there. I DO believe it is 2A+B.

Question: I tried to perform Stalker Drop and never pulled it off. Did you try it?

I think stalker drop was the Air grab from stalker, right?
I didn't get it to connect after CE but i was able to whiff it. Don't know how to cancel the POR after CE into Stalker Drop.
And the input for Stalker was 6B+K and 4B+K, WR being B+K.
6B+K, B+G was Stalker Drop i think.

Also the BT PO Grab seems to be BT PO 8K know, seems like they fused old BT PO 8K with BT PO B+K into one attack throw, blockable, which would be bad but i'm not sure on that one.

Yeah, that's right. That's what Stalker Drop is.

Wait!... I did try to do the side run during Possession, but instead she didn't move...oh, um... I just reminded myself that is now a different input. (forgotten what that was)
I do remember her doing one of her teleports during her PO while pressing 8. Another input that I did made her cancel her stance which I also do not remember.

I believe I pressed K+G wen I did BT PO Grab
Also Stalker B is now PO, 8A+B
Stalker Air Grab as well as BT Stalker Air grab is now PO, 8B+G
AAB is NCC, punishable by Pyrrha 236B, so must be atleast -15 on block.
AA can be canceled into teleport by pressing 4 afterwards
Same as A+B
WR AAA cancels into PO by pressing 4 afterwards
Same as 33A,B
8K is safe (Instant TJ) say bye bye, to being mixed up by your opponents (^_^)
8KA is unsafe and leaves you in FC
2A+B is the new unblockable Ninja Bomb and can be canceled into teleport but I forget the command. Lol
A6 is sooooooo much easier to do but it doesnt crumble stun like SC4 .
Theres more but im to lazy to type it.. Just wait til the game is release...
I love Taki and Natsu.

Also the BT PO Grab seems to be BT PO 8K know, seems like they fused old BT PO 8K with BT PO B+K into one attack throw, blockable, which would be bad but i'm not sure on that one.
I could be wrong about that old PO 8+K is probably just PO K again like in SCII

2A+B is the new unblockable Ninja Bomb and can be canceled into teleport but I forget the command. Lol
Stalker Air Grab as well as BT Stalker Air grab is now PO, 8B+G
I wonder if you can air grab people who try to jump your UB bomb.

A6 is sooooooo much easier to do but it doesnt crumble stun like SC4.
I love Taki and Natsu.
An A-fast RO, i10? I want that :D
So many new possibilities i can hardly wait!

It would be nice if you can air grab from people jumping to avoid your UB bomb - but I think you don't have enough time after cancelling the bomb.
How about PO 2K in SCII?
Seems PO input is faster (4_6 rather than 214) - this may be one of the best improvement for Natsu.
So exciting.

I dont mind her move set. I want to see her Brave Edges.
Yoshi san said that the characters only have 2-3 Brave Edges
So far i could only find 2.
66B(BE)
PO(BE).
Also WR BKB is gone.... Well it wasnt in the build i played atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back