Natsu's pokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissBlade

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the SC scene but I'm growing pretty fond of Natsu. The majority of my experience comes from Tekken Tag so I'm very fond of pokes and frame traps. However, it seems to me that Natsu's pokes aren't too spectacular or I'm using them incorrectly. I've seen using a lot of 1K, 2A's, AA's to try to condition them to duck or block low but I think against better players this won't be too effective. I'm also having EXTREME trouble with trying to incorporate grabs into my mixups. Is it me or is Natsu's grab range extremely short because it's very common that I'll whiff a grab and my opponent just grabs me in response (without walking up or kara-ing it, if it's possible in this game). Any advice on how to best fight with Natsu would be pretty helpful. I think I've read like pretty much every thread on this forum but overall, I think my playstyle with Natsu is what's at flaw here.

her throw range is short, but she has tons of pokes 66b, and 22_88b are nice pokes if you read the threads here, i think there is a thread on pokes

yes her throw range is terrible, and no 22B and 66B are not pokes.

1K, 2K, 3K, BB, AA, 2Ba, KK are pokes

2bA/4a+bA is a great poke. It's i8, +4, and after you hit you're almost always in range for a throw. It IS high though.
3K is Natsu's best mid poke IMO. 6B works well as a mid poke too. It has better frame advantage on hit, but it's slower and more negative on block.
2A is +8 and a great TC poke.
For a low poke, I like 4A because it leaves you in POS, but Natsu generally doesn't have great low pokes.

11_77A is pretty much an almost guaranteed poke type move that hits low and then mid. The low is so quick that people almost always get hit by it. the same with i think it's, WR3K, K. they are both safe i believe as well but work well at shaving an opponents health down and baiting them to duck more often for that 22_88B mixup.

11_77A is actually low, high. And I think you're talking about FC 3K,K. Guide says that first hit is -16 on block, and 2nd hit is -9, but the 2nd hit might have already been changed in a similar fashion to WS K. So yea, that's not actually safe either.

11_77A is actually low, high. And I think you're talking about FC 3K,K. Guide says that first hit is -16 on block, and 2nd hit is -9, but the 2nd hit might have already been changed in a similar fashion to WS K. So yea, that's not actually safe either.
really? on the 11_77A thing that was my mistake. just started playing Natsu. i didn't know that FC 3K,K was that bad. i just saw it being used and it was working as a poking mechanism. maybe the level of players weren't that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back