Natsu's top 10 moves

UnseenWombat

[14] Master
Just like they do at TZ, let's pick our top 10 best, most useful moves for Natsu. I'll start. This will be helpful for those new to Natsu to begin sorting out her movelist.

In no particular order:

6A+B4
+11 on hit, only -7 on block and leaves you in PO

A:6
Much easier than Taki's old A:6 and KND and RO's

22_88B
Launcher that steps

B,K_[K]4
Leaves you in PO and your opponent KND, perfect time for an exorcism, or PO B+K if they play dead.

PO A+B
Catches so many deer in my headlights.

4A+B6
Leads to an insanely damaging, simple airthrow combo

9K,A
The guide says TJ, but it's more like a super TJ

66B4
Backdashes into PO

66B+G
65 damage throw with a smaller escape window. Why would you use vanilla B+G?

A+G BE
RO's behind and does 60 damage

Feel free to disagree and post your own!

A+B and A+B4 - punishable, but has good range and seems to hit side-stepping enemies. And I think that A+B,1A is NC for not bad DMG.

Some very good moves there. I come from the perspective of being a Talim player so I ended up using moves that remind me of her. :P

Rising AAA 1A, I'm not sure if the last A is a combo but I always seem to get it in, overall this move is sick and my favorite! the final part of the AAA has ringout potential

A+B 1A is a combo, good damage, nice closer for some preasure.

BB(K) No one sees the K coming, always easy hits.

AAB, Again most people just block the AA and let the B connect.

KK2K excellent mixup for KKK which is just a natural, also don't forget 9KKK sweet move for pushing forwards.

Of course 6BK B B, crazy damage, works great against people who think blocking is pointless, puts idiots in their place.

6BK-A People THINK i am doing the dumb BB thing but it tracks better and has ring out potential.

9B 9KKK or 9B KKK both are good moves, the second or third kick can be air controlled out of, but this is reminds me of a lame version of Talims kick of doom Rising 9B KKK, ah good times.

I think 8K A does close to 62 damage, it is point blank but the A is a low hit, pretty sweet if your right in someones face.

What do you guys use for a quick interrupt? I find 4b if I am at point blank works good, but I need something more reliable!

just to stir some discussion, here's my top 10 new/changed moves for natsu. moves that are part of combos (e.g. PO A:6) or part of her wakeup (e.g. 2A+B) will not be included.

- A:6 - i10 punisher, wallsplat/RO
- 22K - i13, phantom range, combo on CH
- 6A+B - i16, TC, good range, combo on NH or CH, can be done from FC
- 66B - TC, good range, wallsplat/RO
- WS K - i14, FC (obviously) combo on CH
- AAB - i10, cuts step, NCc
- A+B - good range, weird evasion frames, great wakeup on hit
- 8K - avoids lows and mids (use when you are -1 to +1 for best results), 8KA wallsplats/RO
- 66AB - damaging step cutter, PO options (and weird animation) make it relatively safe
- GI into CE - very damaging, natsu doesn't actually use that much meter so this is viable

BONUS: oldschool top 4 - 2A, 3K, 6B, 66K

22A - Techcrouching mid that sets up a lot on hit as it has a shakeable stun. Important mid for upclose imo.
9KA
A+B
AAB - combo's even when you get a counter for them stepping which makes it invaluable as an anti-SS move
WS K
2A
3KK - This is her true BB. This is i13 but her normal BB is i14.
4A+B and 2A+B set up so much oki
PO:B <- other training move on oki and is imporant to instant PO into this after things like 22A hitting to keep the pressure
A:6

Not top 10 but really fun trap I'm running currently PO~A+B+K EX teleport into the backturned K followup is a great way to bait attacks from BK4 and 6A+B4.

Everything else is really just combo fodder at this point

I learned a lot from this.

Oh I did something fun which I am sure there is a simpler method to do this but have you guys played with reverse mill much? I have found a way of doing it that is humorous for toying with people and or surprising peopel.

While facing your target, do a 4BK, you should leap over em and face the other way, now do another 4BK but it is technically the other direction than the first :P

Hm, after this I spam BK which seems to imput a B that can do a launcher and from there it puts me into posession stance for an AB unblockable, if everything works right it is a lot of fun :P Even if it doesn't most people are confused by my actions.

-8K -avoid and hit, nice
-3KK~WR - mixups
-6A+B - very nice move
-A+B - for those that think that distance can keep them save nice teleport option
-4A+B - more mixups and oki
-AAB - punish stuff
-22_A - step punisher
-A+G~a+b+k - amazing throw that RO
-66B - love the move + it goes PO
-B,K_[K]4 / B,B, - u need both else ppl will just duck after B
-4A -cheap

WS A – Side step killer, Sets up Throws, AAB, another iWS A, ect… Combined with A:6 it just gets uglier. A staple move.

WS K - This move frame wise seems a bit odd. I do not recall this move being +5 on hit and so safe on block in past games.

AAB series – Just an overall solid training tool and only –14 on block which is amazing considering how damaging/quick it is.

AA6 – I like this move. Helps set up Natsu’s WS Game/Throw game once you have them trained. And a great way to change up tempo with Natsu without having to depend on PO.

B[K]4~ PO:A - On block the PO:A is guaranteed from what I can tell. This will help you land a lot more BB when they start ducking.

6A+B4 – So good. This is the foundation of every Natsu player.

A+G~A+B+K – Something that I never realized that she needed till now. Expect to hit those 6A+B a lot more when your back is to the edge of the ring. Too bad it doesn’t wall splat haha.

66K – High Risk medium reward move. Great for closing in the gaps.

A+B – So much better now that they changed it back to A+B. Not too sure how effective A+B4 in protecting her when it is block though. I tend to use this as a backdash killer.

PO B – When this is blocked or connects angels sing.

On a side note, I have a feeling that PO A+B+K BE is going to be the move that helps Natsu out the most as far as keeping her safe and giving her more license to rush down a opponent packing a solid TC 3B move.

8K A ,I love you. Evasion, high damage, good knock back. Only drawback is occasionally whiffs due to some weird tracking.
WS K, Also appreciated. Good tracking, Stun counter, fast.

If your opponent has their back to the wall, why not introduce your friends to each other and throw in a 44K K for about 102 damage and a wall bounce combo that makes it look like someone should just go home?

A+B. Great way to punish people who are trying to step or duck and think they're outside your range.
A6 Nice punisher. Didn't know to use it till it came out by accident. And I realized it's damn fast.
PO B. It's kinda slow but it gives me so many frames if they block it. I like to follow it with 4A then another PO B. Just because I can and as of yet people do not expect it.

I will leave it at that because I'm not sure which moves the rest of my list would contain. To me these are just the standouts so far.

Particular favorites:

AAB: Quick punish tool. Gives breathing room on block. Combos naturally on CH.

WS K: Deceptively fast and can be used as a frame trap. RO.

22_88B: Although it has a long start-up and isn't useful for close range, works well as a mid-range launcher.

66B~A+B+K: Good damage, mid-range poke into untechable knockdown.

1A: Far reaching low. Combo ender on untechable knockdowns.

8K~A: Beats lows/mids/high A's. Crumple on CH. A followup wallsplats.

4A+B: Low hit leading into high damage. Strong against wakeup movement.

A+B: Mid-range poke that beats SS. Easy confirm into CE.

22_88A: Mid that beats SS. CH causes spin state.

A+G~A+B+K: Harder to throw tech. More damage than regular throw.

A:6: Quick. Beats close SS. Knockdown.

6A+B: Quick mid. Crumple on CH.

66B~4: Quick far poke. Retreats into PO.

Notes about moves listed by others:

WS AAA: 3rd hit only naturally combos on CH.

KKK/KK2K: Can be option selected by blocking low (making the 3rd kick whiff or blocked, depending on the K or 2K). 3rd hit only naturally combos on CH.

I want to retract my statement of 6A+B4 being good... it's garbage... 22A for all these for everyone... move is an amazing setup....

I still think it's pretty good. If blocked you can go for PO A or PO K to interrupt some punishers.

I would like to add A+B. I didn't realize at first that it was a mid, but it's an awesome move with its huge range.

Any reason to use 22A over 22B? The speed doesn't really play that big of a part due to you should be connecting with this move because you side stepped and punished.

22A is safer, but if I am going to risk sidestepping to punish I rather use 22B. Don't get me wrong though... I like 22A, just curious why you like it more.

This an opinion but the reason why I love 22A (especially over 22B) is:

-(without checking frame data) I feel it is faster/safer
-On CH AAB is guaranteed
-On hit/CH 66B+G will beat out most (if not,ANY) move
-Once you train them to duck 66B+G after eating 22A you 66Ba+b+k 2A+B
-It seems to tame BB spammers of the Patroklos/Pyrrha/Omega variety and make them honest

I don't know the frame data but it seems on some characters if they block it and you do it again it'll beat out most anything they throw =/

Def my main reason for loving it, is it stops Patroklos/Pyrrha/Omega/Natsu players pretty easily.
This is all opinion and not facts but there you go

Interesting concerning the guard break. I didn't think it was a GB move. 6 definitely sounds too low though.

Interesting concerning the guard break. I didn't think it was a GB move. 6 definitely sounds too low though.

uuuugh my bad I was trying to avoid turning my console on while I clean my house.. you're right... that is way too low. forget I said that.. I meant to say 6Ab , which it does break after only 7 blocks. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry. ignore my ramblings this afternoon.

another reason why 22A is often better than 22B is that 22B is much much easier to step in my experience.

I have always stayed away from 66k ever since calibur 2, IMO the move is garbage. Its -16 on block and -4 on hit, so anyway you look at it, its bad.

I also prefer 22a over 22b because I feel that 66a has a small sidestep built into it, so it give you extra evasion.

Back