NEW CASSY FIND!!! love it

UKnmFTW

[08] Mercenary
Right i understand maybe i should have put this in the TECH TRAP thread, but due to fear it would go missed as the tech trap thread has very little life these days...

right here we go, everybody knows the tech traps that lead off of 4b (example 236 4b) we all know you can 236 catch normal and front or back tech, 2B+G/2A+B catch all sides or 236b catch all sides and grounded..... but what we really want is to get that crouch throw damage but who wakes up after 4b anymore making this tech trap mix up almost useless.. But i have found a new option if your oppent sleeps after the 4b (which almost everyone does) you can hit with 22/88k (this cannot be rolled on the ground) after this hits you have a whole new wake-up game you can 236 to catch normal , back and forward tech.. 236b which catches all tech and hits grounded but only in some situations (still testing for Ground hit). Now the iceing on the cake ;) you can 2B+G/2A+G to catch all tech!!!! and if after eating 22k they continue to sleep you just 22k again and the above still applys.... Now please enjoy and any info gained by testing would be much appreciated.............

It's not technicaly a tech trap, it's more part of Cassy's wake-up game if anything else...
22K is too slow and the risk is chance building on chance if it gets blocked, I mean 22K is safe but on block shifts momentum to the opponent, albeit 22KK can be preformed leaving Cassandra with fear advantage furthering how safe the attack is, now if 22KK gets blocked consider the brutal punishment awaiting you my friend... If you choose 33B as wake-up at least you have more reliable followups on grd (2A/ 66K/ 214) and better SCD... Anyways against sleepers, it's ussually a better idea to go for the tech traps that hit grounded...
A good example of my first & second statements is Nightmare's FC 2A+G, 33B ~T! because although an actual tech trap his 33B can be blocked on reaction (at i21), while Cassy's 22K is i25 if I recall correctly, with a notable tech jump to boot...

Maybe tech trap is the wronge word, and i have noticed some problems with it being to slow, but only once they relise what im doing after the 4b... what happens at first is they sleep eat the 22k and eat the grab tech trap when they wake up, but i have noticed once they work out the game (which does not take long) they can react and just wake up and block the kick, but i must say i dont think it should be disregarded in the situation as its just another option and nets a nice amount of damage if they fall for it but dont use it as a bread and butter thing

Back