New Character Ideas

I thought of one a while back, pretty much it's a European girl with a long blond ponytail, a Yuna from Final Fantasy type skirt, a shirt similar to Talims 1P from SC3 and, some kind of long boots, and a cross hanging down her right leg. Shed have a flame-bladed sword.

WHY IS NO ONE INTRODUCING A CHARACTER WHO USES A BOOMERANG AS A WEAPON!? HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SUGGEST THIS?
That's an interesting idea. (Not saying there isn't others, but I would like to see this one expanded upon)
What first comes to mind is Zhu Rong from Dynasty warriors, or Sango from Inuyasha. I think it would be fun to develop a character with this fighting style (though I don't want to steal your idea). Hilde has shown us a degree of flexability can be used in the fighting system (with her chargable moves). Perhaps a new tactic could be included for this character. Imagine a character who fights with a large boomarang, wielding it, in hand, like a cross between Siegfried and Tira. But can throw it (numerous ways) for distance attacks (OR as a distraction), and has a number of different attacks for when the weapon is in the air, -fighting hand to hand, with gauntlets for blocking. This would be an interesting strategy, to fight your opponant so they are less prepared for however you planned your large, airborn, weapon to return to you...

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing what the sickle weapon on Soul Calibur III (kama and weight on a chain) tried to be(Kusari gama). But done right! Perhaps for one of Toki's Taki-hunting ninjas...

I want a character to have Vadar's style in SC5, and I want Algol in SC5. Since the former won't be there, and the latter will prolly be completely forgotten by Namco, we need to create a bastard combination of the two. How? By bringing back Abyss with a new moveset or something. Trust me, they can find a way to put him back in. They've kept Cervy alive for four games now.

How? By bringing back Abyss...

That is another thought I had. Why Not bring back Abyss, and Inferno. Night Terror was a bit overpowered, but, why not tone him down and bring back all of the bosses as unlockable, non-story related, bonus catergory characters for non-tournament, power matches? Switch up some moves so Abyss and Night Terror are even more unique from their "molds". Algol and Inferno could stay the same.

Perhaps a character who fights like Link? ( kite shield and longsword) or a character who uses a normal sized two handed sword?
Inferno should also make a return except with his own unique fighting style (similiar to Algols except more destructive and fiery)

As far as a boomerang, didn't they have like a warrior who fought with a katana and some sort of self returning oversized throwing star on SCIII? I can see it working out on somethinglike that, but come on...a boomerang as your main weapon? Maybe someone using like an aboriginal spear or something and using the boomerang like 'ol dude used his star on SC3.

Ganondorf
Age: Physically in his 30's, but at least 100 years old now.
Height: 8'00"
Weapon: Heavy Sword and Knuckle
Bio:
-Lone Male Gerudo. Gerudo King of Thieves. Great King of Evil. Ruler of Darkness. He was also extremely angry. A new Link had defeated the servants that were to resurrect him. But Ganondorf was not quite angry at this, as much as his servants. They failed. And what's more, they abandoned him in order to serve some kind of blade, a power from another realm. Instead of a portal to the Sacred Realm, from which Ganondorf would return triumphant and back in human form, his servants created a portal to the realm to capture the blade. Link had bested them, but entered the portal to destroy the blade.

When Ganondorf learned of the wherabouts of his nemesis, Link, he immediately tried to find a way to the realm the Courageous hero had gone to. Stuck in limbo in the Sacred Realm, Ganondorf clawed his way through the void, hungry for power. He was sealed from Hyrule, but not from other worlds.

A vast, new land lay before him when he emerged. Tall mountains were behind him, and there was much snow where he was. Far in front and below him, he could see smaller mountains and, and wide plains and steppes. He caught his breath and descended down the mountains.

The inhabitants of the villages below were in awe of him; massive and clad in black armor, carrying a huge sword. He managed to communicate that he was in a place called "Kazan," which was currently dominated by a people called the "Russians." Ganondorf, an excellent horseman, warrior, and intellectual, found his way quickly to Moskau, the capital of Russia, and learned their language. Ganondof found out that there was a huge commotion down south in Arab lands, where a massive tower had appeared. The army-destroying Azure Knight, who previously had wreaked havoc across Europe in the West, made his way through the Ottoman Empire, drawn to the Tower. Ganondorf knew what he had to do.

He rode a caravan down through the Caucasus and Armenia, and ended up in Babylon, where the Tower was. He was in the deserts of Arabia, and felt quite at home. But the familiarity was brief as he came upon the Tower, and the ruined, volcanic landscape surrounding it. He smirked. He would find Link, kill him, and take whatever power that had controlled his servants, and take it.

Fighting Style:
-He fights with his sword in one hand an a "knuckle" in his other hand. Ganondorf would be a character primarily focused on offense. He would be massive, with a bad step, so most attacks will hit him. However, he'd have alot of power, good range, and decent attack speed with which to use that power. Among his attacks are the Sparta Kick (from Twilight Princess and Super Smash Brothers Brawl), and a few jumping attacks from Wind Waker. Overall, he'd have sword attacks from Twilight and Wind Waker, but his knuckle attacks would be more akin to his Super Smash Brothers moveset. His most powerful and most useless move is the unblockable OHKO Wizard's Fist, his neutral special in Smash. He would also have the Flame Choke as a grab that shoots him forward; most characters would be able to step this, but it would make a good punishing move.

SEE!!! This is what I'm talking about. I was just saying on another thread about "the future of Soul Calibur" that this series has endless possibilities. The weapons, the fighting styles, the background stories...it goes on and on. Namco, I demand that this nonsense about this being the last installment be eradicated permanently. SC5 must come alive!

What I forgot to mention was that Abyss would have Vadar's force throws and such. Give him a meter, some decent lows (Fuck safety, I want advantage), and a bit of speed, and you have an even better character.... minus the DAAAAAAKU SAAAAIDO

Wow, I actually enjoyed reading through all the ideas that were posted here. Some were very detailed too! Can't wait to check in and read more ideas, I might actually post one, although..it most likely would not come out good.

You may tag this post with f. u. salvatore but:

The forgotten realms have a wide variety of interesting characters and fighting styles.
Drizzt with his double scimitars of course. It's about time.
There's also a dwarf called Athrogate with dual morningstars made of glassteel which he swings around in circles. Like Ivy's dunnowhatsitcalled lasso like stance from sc3. Only dual.
Belwar, a gnome with pick and axe instead of hands. Close quarter fighter.
But very important: For the shorter folk no unthrowable, attack throw resistant Yoda BS. They would have to be less mobile too.

I will come up with something of my own too. Later.

As far as a boomerang, didn't they have like a warrior who fought with a katana and some sort of self returning oversized throwing star on SCIII? I can see it working out on somethinglike that, but come on...a boomerang as your main weapon?
I think it might actually work. I've even started to (mentally) put together a fighting style after hearing the idea. Done right, it could work out rather well -a hand to hand fighter with a giant boomerang. Think about some of the other "unique" weapons. They worked out, but what did you first think when you heard the new weapons include a bladed hula-hoop and an umbrella?

Inferno should make a return except with his own unique fighting style (similiar to Algols except more destructive and fiery)
I enjoyed the concept of Inferno fighting with the knowledge of all of the other fighters (with a few moves of his own added), but it would be kinda' cool to see a whole new style for the soul of the demon sword. If this was done, however, we still need a "random" character. And I definitely prefer Charade to (shudder) Olcadan.

What I forgot to mention was that Abyss would have Vadar's force throws and such. Give him a meter, some decent lows...
I don't see why that couldn't be done, maybe not the same Exact moves, but something similar. Abyss did have a telekinetic throw already. I think a meter would be best avoided, if possible, but then arises the problem of such control (Vader-like "force" throw) without limit... Perhaps a "primer" move like Yoshimitsu has? If you connect with it, you have a certain number of "special" moves (but not random, like the thief's are), you can save these, use them right away, or put them together in combos. But you only have so many, 'til you have to connect with the "primer" again.

What?! Hating on Olcadan Spyrl? You watch out before he comes up to ya's house and says, "OPEN UP!!! IT'S BIG BIRD TIME!!!"

lol... anyway, Inferno with his own moveset would be epic. Algol should definitely come back, just get rid of his bubbles please. >.> (Anything to get him off his high seat in top tier list)

And we need Olcadan back. Why? CUZ HE'S A DUDE WITH AN OWL HEAD. Fucking AWESOME character design if you ask me. I miss him...

We need Olcadan back. Why? CUZ HE'S A DUDE WITH AN OWL HEAD. Fucking AWESOME character design if you ask me. I miss him...
(*Sigh*) Okay... bring back bird boy if that's our ONLY chance of a random-weapon character. But only if they bring back the Vs. screen taunts so I can still make him caw like a crow!

Actually those are some nice ideas, TC.

A lot better then the "what am I doing here" bonus characters we get.....

It's a damn shame this thread died. The imagination and creativity could have led to something amazing. Ah, well back to my game and dreams of what might have been.

Back