BigWang4

[08] Mercenary
Hello 8WayRun peoples!
I'm new to these forums (and to the site actually - I know right?? How could any SC fan not know about this place?)
But I have been with the Soul franchise since Soul Blade. I love my beat em ups but the soul series are by far my favourite, probably because of the weapons and different beat em up style of play, it's not button mashing.
I'm from the UK and I'm sure the UK online players would notice my username. (I'm not too sure how the online feature on SCIV works tbh, I'm guessing I play against the majority of UK and then some random laggy people from other parts of the world?) The reason why I'm supposedly notorious is that my custom characters are quite the lulz. My main, Shirtlifter, is basically a burrly, muscley man in tight red speedos, flaunting his red afro all over the opponent's face while stepping on them with his red, fluffy slippers. Oh, in the style of Taki.
I wouldn't say that I'm THAT amazing at the game, only against my friends I'm top, but when it gets to online, it's just a whole new game, and I love it (apart from the Kilik noobs, which I actually have a character called Kilik=n00b. It's a complete duplicate of Shirtlifter with a different name. I tend to cull these noobs pretty damn well since they keep spamming the same noob moves over and over.)
If you manage to play me, watch out for Throatslider (Cassandra), Kiddyfiddler (Tira), Rectumrammer (Sophitia), Salamistroka (Ivy) and some more dodgily named, scantily clad men!
I would have to say I'm best with Taki, then Sophitia, but only cos I kinda look up to Sophitia_UK. Never managed to land a hit on her.
My housemates play on my account too so if you play against Voldo, Lizardman, or Handchob (Seung-Mina), then you might have a chance! (Jokes, they're actually really good, only cos I've taught them well. ;) ) But we do like to troll around once in a while, well maybe, most of the time. Only against the noob types or the serious types with their knickers in a twist.

I've joined the site to get up to date with the upcoming SCV which I'm so excited about. Not too sure about Natsu though, just kinda lost all the mysteriousness that Taki tried to build up.
I'm also hoping to make some friends to play online with to get better. And to pick up some tactics.
My username is BigWang4 on PSN, so feel free to drop by some invites or something stating SCIV.

Hey! A UK PSN player huh? I better hit you up sometime - perhaps I have already played you; my PSN's x-9-DANDO-7-x.

Taki's SCIV Soul Arena is here. You can ask any question about her and the Taki experts will get back to you as soon a possible. Good Luck and I can't wait to have some casuals with you (Unless you wish them to be competitive ^^).

If you are interested, Taki's apprentice Natsu's Soul Arena is here.

I am sure Enkindu or Senzait will say welcome soon enough. They are the newbies forum moderators. If you have any question drop them a message on their profile.

Welcome, BigWang! I am one of the moderators of the Newcomer section. I like your entuhusiasm. I would've responded to you sooner, but I myself am playing some SoulCalibur4 online. I am streaming it too so if you're not doing anything right now and craving some SC action click here to check out my stream (shameless plug).

Anywho, we have an online forum here: Online Mode (PSN/XBL) so feel free to check it out.

You can also check out the SoulArena's for the characters that Mage so kindly linked you to. You may also want to check out the 8WayRun General Directory and Offline Matchfinder Reception to learn what the notations and acronyms you'll see in this area.

There's also that SoulCaliburV Multi Platform forum for discussions on the new title that's in the works. Also check the front page from time to time to see if any big news has been discovered.

I really hope you enjoy your stay here, if you have any questions about anything you see in this website, just PM me, or post in here. Have fun!

Aww thanks guys!
But I'd like to ask, what happened to my avatar? Was it too raunchy even for SC that it had to be taken down? Oh well.
I'm still trying to get used to reading the button commands, will take some time I guess.

I don't have internet access to my psn until later on in September, so will have to wait and battle it out then!

Hello BigWang!

Love the high spirits and humor! In the Online forums you will find many great players and competition. If you need help finding where to post/who to talk you can either ask here or get in contact with Partisan, Static and HRD who are the Online Forum Moderators.

Also If your ever interested, there is a pretty solid offline community in the UK. At its highest competitive level Soul Calibur is only played offline so if tournaments are something possibly in the horizon for you should check out the Regional Matchmaking threads for people in your area.

If anything comes up, or you need help getting around the site either send a message or post here again. We'll be happy to help out!

There is a UK tournament happening in London at the end of this week. Leave a message on Synraii's profile here if you want to know the time, date, place, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

Oh wow! I'm so up for these regional tournaments! Would love to meet up with local SC players.
Thanks for the heads up and stuff guys!

Back