New player

LycanHeart

[08] Mercenary
Ok so looking for a community for soul calibur and came across this site. Played a bit of soul calibur IV just recently placed an order for SCV(would have got it sooner but been hooked on Reach) so should arrive any day now. Looking for people i can spar with online help get me back upto speed - so greater you are the better i guess :). My XBL Gamertag is LycanHeart X please feel free to add me :)

Greetings! In keeping things short(relatively speaking), do you have any interest in any specific character(s) to use for a main? There's plenty of folks around here that'll be willing to help out a bit if you just ask nicely :)

Now lessee...In starting SCV, you can more or less ignore all the single player modes(save for Training Mode) if you want to just dive right in. You're going to lose at first regardless anyways since there's such a huge amount of info to take in, may as well jump right into the deep end eh? You'll unlock those characters on the bottom row simply by leveling up, but they're tough to use compared to others as well(maybe save for a certain diaper-clad demigod)

Oh, at least the online is good. The netcode is spectacular, it's rare to have dropped inputs due to it on XBL(PSN is another story apparently haha).

Aw yeah. If you don't know who you want to main here's some suggestions on who's good for learning the basics(there's a lot that has changed between the games, I'm not sure much will carry over between them asides from universal concepts like spacing).

Aeon: Bar none the simplest character in the game, mediocre in every aspect except for his ability to ring out.
Ezio: Fairly simple, linear, limited combo ability but is great at fishing for counterhit attack throws.
Mitsurugi: Mixups, high damage, good range, great mind games, limited combo ability.
Natsu: Fast and powerful, great at interrupting enemy attacks and only really lacks range.

Patroklos: Your annoying protagonist(play Story Mode and you, too, shall despise him!) that is very well-balanced and really only lacks range. Something like a masculine version of Cassandra.
Pyrrha: More like Sophitia. Versatile, but has a strong punish game.
Xiba: A lot like Kilik, really.

well, on IV i mainly used mitsurugi so i figure ill stick with him. Im assuming theres not a drastic change between the character styles between the two games. Least then i can get familiar with one character. thanks for all the advice by the way appreciate the help :)

I'm not too shabby with Mitsu so if ya want a good match message or add me
XBL: MarKOed

Back