New Stages, DLC Characters, Arcade Mode WTF?

SinseiPo

[09] Warrior
I do see DLC Hilda sometimes in arcade mode. I never see 2B or her stage in arcade mode. I just bought Haohmaru and his stage will it appear in arcade mode?

Not everybody plays online, or versus. Some of us play arcade mode and story mode. Should we even be buying DLC characters and stages if they don't show up in story modes or arcade mode?

Am I doing something wrong. Is there a setting some where to make DLC characters and stages show up in Arcade mode, or Libra Souls?

So DLC characters and DLC stages are not integrated into normal arcade single player mode or in Libra Soul mode?
SC original characters and stages are integrated into Arcade. I'm not sure about guests, I don't think I ever saw 2B there, but I almost never play Arcade, so maybe I'm wrong.
As for Libra of Soul, you can yourself use any of the DLC styles there and get one special style-specific mission with an Ancient for your diligence. That's about it.

@Dissidia Geralt is in arcade mode but Geralt was not DLC.

All kinds of things are patched for multiplayer mode, and vs mode.

Single player mode needs a little more attention in this regard. At the very least if I pay for a DLC character and stage, I expect it to show up from time to time in arcade mode. While Arcade mode is not a big deal for the players who play mostly online or VS. It is a big deal for many of the players
who primarily play the single player modes. It should be remembered that it was single player that put SC on the map LOL

I dunno how difficult it is from a developer point of view to have the DLC characters and stages show up in Arcade mode, it would be sad though if they were not put in just as an oversight because of all the focus being put on online and competitive modes.

@Dissidia Geralt is in arcade mode but Geralt was not DLC.

All kinds of things are patched for multiplayer mode, and vs mode.

Single player mode needs a little more attention in this regard. At the very least if I pay for a DLC character and stage, I expect it to show up from time to time in arcade mode. While Arcade mode is not a big deal for the players who play mostly online or VS. It is a big deal for many of the players
who primarily play the single player modes. It should be remembered that it was single player that put SC on the map LOL

I dunno how difficult it is from a developer point of view to have the DLC characters and stages show up in Arcade mode, it would be sad though if they were not put in just as an oversight because of all the focus being put on online and competitive modes.

I understand and sympathize with you. I also play mostly offline. 2B and her stage was in arcade mode in 2018 to march 2019. Since then I have not found 2B in arcade mode. Ive heard her stage causes slowdown on console so they took it out of ranked play.

I think you know obviously that Hilde and her stage is in arcade mode. As for the new night stage and haohmary/gairyu isle stage.... I haven't tested to see if they are in arcade mode yet.

It sucks I agree, but I have no power over the devs to change it.

Like, do you mean single players playing together?

What I mean is Soulblade, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur II, and Soul Calibur III had no online. And serious competitive scenes had not yet been established, and Soul Calibur was a massive hit without online. ESL, competitive scenes came later. At one point the entire Soul Calibur franchise was purchased for and was all about story mode and single player modes. That's what I mean M8. Further the Soul Calibur versions that had the least number or poorest quality of single player modes also sold the least..

Truth to be told, vanilla SC6 single player content is great, also all original SC characters that are DLC do get their own story chapters that are pretty cool. Guests beyond Geralt are non-canon appearances, so they don't get any story.
It's a shame DLC characters/styles/stages don't get retroactively added into Libra of Soul beyond player character support, but frankly it wold be quite a task to restructure/rebalance/rewrite this whole giant mode every time new content drops.

Truth to be told, vanilla SC6 single player content is great, also all original SC characters that are DLC do get their own story chapters that are pretty cool. Guests beyond Geralt are non-canon appearances, so they don't get any story.
It's a shame DLC characters/styles/stages don't get retroactively added into Libra of Soul beyond player character support, but frankly it wold be quite a task to restructure/rebalance/rewrite this whole giant mode every time new content drops.

I definitely intimately understand the whole restructure/rebalance/rewrite thing. But I'm assuming the devs are somewhat trying to dabble in the GAAS model, hence the slow roll out of new characters and items over time. I'm also guessing that the software architecture was put in place up front to support the "new content" that would eventually be dropping. Perhaps Libra of Souls could have been done in a little bit more modular fashion as well in order to support future new , or ongoing content.

Don't get me wrong I think the single player content in SC6 is great, I have many many hours into it, and still going strong. But it would be a nice feature to add new chapters to Libra Souls over time in the same manner that DLC characters etc are added over time. I think Namco would be surprised at the support they would get from the single player community for the concept of "on going content in the form of new chapters".

As far as the monetizing new chapters as modules, would be a plausible notion that could justify long term commitment to the game. That way both the single player fans and the Vs and online fans are both happy and Namco is paid for the effort. As far as single player story chapters go, Project Soul could take notes from how Netflix sells original series in 6,8, and 10 chapter chunks and they keep the audience coming back again and again. Look at HBO's Game of Thrones (how many seasons did it last). The story mode for SC could easily fit this format and at a reasonable price the fans would shell out the bucks. The multiplayer community for SC is big, but the single player community(not as vocal) is bigger and I dare say more loyal. Netflix sells 6 or 8 chapters in a season, they create cliff hangers and start the whole thing over next season. If done properly Libra of Soul chapters divided into seasons would create a synergy between single player and online multiplayer sales.

In other words imo, SC fits easier into GAAS model if the season pass is associated with notion of new Libra of Soul chapters. Deliver one base game, and sell chapters and associated DLC characters from there on.

As far as single player story chapters go, Project Soul could take notes from how Netflix sells original series in 6,8, and 10 chapter chunks and they keep the audience coming back again and again. Look at HBO's Game of Thrones (how many seasons did it last). The story mode for SC could easily fit this format and at a reasonable price the fans would shell out the bucks.
I have to disagree here. The idea behind the game is being a reboot of SC1 with additional story gaps filled up to SC2. The main story delivers on that promise. I would not want to buy SC6 and don't get SC1 plot covered up completely on the day one version. Also they can't really go into SC2 territory, since it has to be reserved for SC7, they can't just blow up the entire pre-reboot storyline in one game only to be left with nothing in the future.
I think the best case scenario for Libra is a limited rework of the mode in a major free season patch similar to Season 2 mechanics patch that brought us Resist Impact and Soul attack mechanics. No story changes would be made, but all the new free stages and new fighting styles can be implemented in non-critical places such as random encounters against random CaS enemies and similar filler unimportant points. That way we'll be able to fight against all styles (exept for guest for licensing reasons) in a Libra playthrough and to experience every stage (exept for guest stages) without any real plot rewrights from developers. Hell, I think what I suggest is already partially in the game thanks to Astral Fissure character sharing components, what I suggest would simply make it much less rare of an ocurence to run into a DLC style in Libra. Should be a good compromise.

I'm not really advocating for any particular content here, but rather a point of architecture i.e. new chapters being used as a vehicle for season passes and a way to appease fans of the single player modes.

I'm not suggesting that any part of the current story line be undone. Also its not necessary to violate any content that is reserved for upcoming SC versions. As you probably know, the notion of filling in story gaps is subjective at best. What one person feels is a gap in the main story another person sees as clearly explained. There are all kinds of things between SC1 and SC2 that are still not answered. There are many many angles for each of the core characters that could be covered that deal with either subject matter prior to SC1 or subject matter that takes place between SC1 and SC2 that on first visit might seem ancillary. The idea of major gaps is a relative. We all have different ideas for what constitutes a "major gap" vs what constitute a "minor gap". I don't think fans of Libra of Souls would complain about any new chapter material sold as DLC whether it filled major gaps or minor gaps.

There are changes to a story that would call for reworking the story and there are changes to a story that would be additive in nature and therefore calling for no reworking. I am suggesting the latter.

@Klimat I do largely agree with your previous post.

Back