Newbie lookin to get good and have fun

Cambosa

[01] Neophyte
Hey everyone, the names Sam (my usual tag online is Cambosa). I started playing fighting games about a year ago (I'd say I really started getting really into them in January 2018). I've mainly been playing Street Fighter V, but I want to learn SC6. This is my first Soul Calibur (I kinda played SCV back in middle/high school but all I remember doing was trying to make some of my bad OCs) and it's really first 3D fighter (I tried Tekken 7 but really couldn't get back the movement stuff), so I got a lot to learn.

I haven't really figured out who exactly I want to main yet, but right now I'm thinking either Seong Mi-Na or Groh. I wanted to main Tira but she seems a bit too complicated for a beginner like me so I'll have to come back to her another time.

I'm hoping to get into the competitive scene of SC6. I don't plan to make a career out of it or anything, I just have fun going to my local's weekly tournament and would like to hold my own someday (Currently for SFV I've only ever gone 0-2 at the tournament, and I'm probably gonna go 0-2 in SC6 for a while).

This is my first time actually joining a forum for a fighting game, but hopefully, it'll all work out and I'll end up a meeting some awesome people while getting to learn some stuff. If you want to play or just chat about some SC6 stuff feel free to shoot me a message.

Edit: Forgot to mention I play on Ps4 but I'm probably going to double dip and get SC6 on PC soon.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, the names Sam (my usual tag online is Cambosa). I started playing fighting games about a year ago (I'd say I really started getting really into them in January 2018). I've mainly been playing Street Fighter V, but I want to learn SC6. This is my first Soul Calibur (I kinda played SCV back in middle/high school but all I remember doing was trying to make some of my bad OCs) and it's really first 3D fighter (I tried Tekken 7 but really couldn't get back the movement stuff), so I got a lot to learn.

I haven't really figured out who exactly I want to main yet, but right now I'm thinking either Seong Mi-Na or Groh. I wanted to main Tira but she seems a bit too complicated for a beginner like me so I'll have to come back to her another time.

I'm hoping to get into the competitive scene of SC6. I don't plan to make a career out of it or anything, I just have fun going to my local's weekly tournament and would like to hold my own someday (Currently for SFV I've only ever gone 0-2 at the tournament, and I'm probably gonna go 0-2 in SC6 for a while).

This is my first time actually joining a forum for a fighting game, but hopefully, it'll all work out and I'll end up a meeting some awesome people while getting to learn some stuff. If you want to play or just chat about some SC6 stuff feel free to shoot me a message.
Welcome to 8wayrun! Hayate's videos are really good for starting. Good luck in the tournaments.
There is also a very good starting video, it gives a good feel for calibur. Sadly, I can't remember it, by @Ghengis_John might know the one.

Thanks for the welcome! Just to be sure are these the Hayate videos you're talking about? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZx-UE_9uW0zvHUkj3uBMdzH2wP7wIg7Y
Sorry, i'm afraid i'm at work right now >_<. I'll check them later
Edit: never mind, i managed to get through. Yeah, they seem to be the ones. I've heard the character breakdowns are very good. I personally prefer to find things out myself, but i'm sure they'll be very helpful. Hope to see you again in the forums

Back