Next generation systems!

Seriously though. If the only big thing these companies are thinking about is higher graphics resolution, or a faster processor or a more modern wireless adapter, or even worse, locking out used games like a spoiled little brat who won't share his candy with you or a different form factor for the controller, these new consoles are gonna SUCK. I want something revolutionary. Like what the Wii was when it first came out. I guess the Illumiroom thing is sorta cool, but nothing earth shattering. I think Emotiv or something like it HAS to be incorporated or I'm gonna be majorly let down.

^They aren't going to be anything like that. They're just going to be wannabe PCs. The good thing about that is that it will make creating games cost less due to the cost of porting a game will decrease. Since creating games will be cheaper hopefully the quality of games will increase in scale of games being cheaper to make.

I don't think that is the case, after all I don't think the graphics improvements can go so much further for games right now, because there is no real necessity, I think they just want to sell more consoles really, by the way the games will not get any cheaper with this, the work they will put to them to try justify the generation step will be too big to games get cheap...

I don't think that is the case, after all I don't think the graphics improvements can go so much further for games right now, because there is no real necessity, I think they just want to sell more consoles really, by the way the games will not get any cheaper with this, the work they will put to them to try justify the generation step will be too big to games get cheap...
I never said the game would be sold cheaper. :P

Also, watch in HD. I think there is quite a difference. Lol

I never said that weren't, I meant games in general really, anyway I simply think there is no need for a brand new console yet really, like Wombat said the is nothing particularly big about the new ones...

It'd be suicide if they tried it. If Sony tries to do that, we'd have most PS3 players jump ship to Microsoft and Sony will probably be out of the console gaming business (or vice versa if Microsoft tries it).

But I'm thinking this is probably just a rumor. It makes some sense... But they have to realize that a lot of gamers buy primarily or only used games and they just won't buy the new console if they restrict it like that. I'm among that group, in case that wasn't obvious.

Beyond that bit of raging stupidity (whether it's true or not), I probably won't buy one any time soon anyways. I'm happy with my 360 Slim I just got last year, they'll have to impress the hell out of me to even convince me to upgrade in the next few years (especially since 360 and PS3 games should still be in production for a couple years).

I'm aware of the costs. Sitting aside money from every paycheck solves that. I simply prefer the options PCs have. If I really wanted to buy a cheap gaming PC I could just spend about 500 dollars on the parts and build it myself to save money. If you're concerned about running things on "Max" graphics I wouldn't see the point of owning a console at all since the graphics are much worse on a console than a PC. Xbox's tend to be on the "Mid-High" setting from my experience. If you want to talk about it with be send me a PM, I don't want to turn this thread into a PC vs. Console war.
I think this is a viable conversation since apparently the new systems are so very close to gaming PC.

You get a lot more options. Whatever kind of controller you like (360, PS3, Keyboard & mouse, etc). Don't like the default character rendering or body type on a game? There is most likely a mod for changing that if it's a single player game. There are lots of great free games. Certain genres are only available on PC (MMOs, "Good" RTS games that aren't Halo Wars, TPS, etc). Less lag due to better servers and more wired connections. On PC games you can have more people in your game when compared to consoles. Ex. Battlefield 3: Xbox/PS3(players 1-24), PC(1-64).

Back