Nightmare Defensive Options

Starscream

[09] Warrior
get to the meat and potatoes by pressing ctrl+F and looking for NDO

So, something's been bugging me since I've had SCV: I occasionally lose a round to a player that simply presses the same button over and over with a faster character. In SCII-IV this never happened to me. So, what's different about V?

Guard Impact [parries] now cost 25% [or 50% if you like to say two bars is 200% instead of 100%] of your meter.

In the games predating V when faced against an obvious spammer it was always easy to press 4_6G or 1_3G and retaliate with an attack, throw, delayed attack, etc.. The frequency of this option is a lot lower in SCV. Which seems to be a problem for Nightmare.

So I ask, what attacks are good follow ups to a successful block?

Credits and thanks to
Hteng
Tiamat

After finding MORE useful info about this I will edit the thread once the info in confirmed
edit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NDO

In general
:B::+::K: is also good for evading attacks
Remember to duck highs, use back step and side steps
":6::K:, :3::K:, :1::K:, :A::+::B:, ia:gA: are all your quick defensive options.
1K in particular you can go into NSS (:B::+::K:) to make your opponent whiff."
-Hteng

Combos
Off of CH:6::K:
-:3::3:_:9::9::B:[add BE if you want, I don't think it's worth it unless it's the end of a match that's really close]
-GS :K: [Add BE to this one too! It's actually worth it]

The best one to me anyway is 6A. It hits high and is verygood against stammers. It also knocks the oponnent down and away from you giving you the range game back. agA is better if you can consistanly get the timing down. If they block the agA it will leave you in a frame advantage for 6A

6K, 3K, 1K, A+B, iagA are all your quick defensive options.

1K in particular you can go into NSS (B+K) to make your opponent whiff.

Don't underestimate the importance of evasion for getting out of pressure. It's not just a game of ping pong. Make use of sidestep, backstep, and B+K to dodge attacks. Duck highs if you predict or react to them, etc. Just be patient and look for opportunities.

Edit......
Forgot to say thanks for the info thus far. So, thanks for the info thus far :).

Well, the quick options have helped out a lot.
Now, to find ways to combo off these options.
We have 6K, 3K, 1K, A+B, iagA as CH's. Combos, Frame traps, Ring outs, and Mix ups would be Ideal.
Tomorrow I'm going to do work on 6K as a CH to see what kind of combos I can come up with.

Also, While rising attacks as CH's, and while crouching attacks as well seem noteworthy to look into for a complete guide on what to do when Taki's students are "all up in your grill."

Found that CH 6K combos into 33_99B and GS K, as well as the BE variations of those attacks. However 33_99B BE doesn't launch when combo'd off of CH K6. The damage doesn't seem to justify using BE either. Since both BE attacks combo and GS K does more damage it seems 33_99B BE is pretty pointless for this situation.

I'll double check damages and such when in the morning... now it's sleepy time. Thanks in advance for any input into this thread. I'm really trying to make it a useful guide to improve nightmares defensive options.

1k seems to be a good rush ender on the maxis and taki chick. Its extremely fast and if you keep doing it they will be forced to go on the low defensive.

hello im a begginer and i was hope since nightmare is a rush-on character that he would have a good combo for guard impact move in it. can u guys think of any good defensive combos that can be helpful ?

hello im a begginer and i was hope since nightmare is a rush-on character that he would have a good combo for guard impact move in it. can u guys think of any good defensive combos that can be helpful ?

On contrary, I think Nightmare is a very defensive character, "zoning" character.

Defensively Random 6K and 66K is very important but make sure you know your opponent's frames (don't throw it out when they are on massive positive). A+B is also good but it seems that you have to trigger it at specific points in string pressure to get it to explode.

(Huzzah, i've been playing the game)

Back