Nightmare is a...

Golgaut

[08] Mercenary
Well, a nightmare...I won't discuss how powerfull he is, it's not my point, I'm just having a hell time to deal with his 6K. I found many nightmares throwing it randomly and get a counter hit on basically all my moves with Leixia, means I just never can put pressure on them, even when I abuse my lows that are not really safe, it always comes to a moment just by spamming they get a counter hit and just rape my life bar in 2 combos.
The point is that with Leixia or Natsu which are pretty made to be good close combat, he beats all my moves with 6k, so I can't apply pressure and can just poke which is just not funny at all.

If you guys have any advices.

Thank you

Well, a nightmare...I won't discuss how powerfull he is, it's not my point, I'm just having a hell time to deal with his 6K. I found many nightmares throwing it randomly and get a counter hit on basically all my moves with Leixia, means I just never can put pressure on them, even when I abuse my lows that are not really safe, it always comes to a moment just by spamming they get a counter hit and just rape my life bar in 2 combos.
The point is that with Leixia or Natsu which are pretty made to be good close combat, he beats all my moves with 6k, so I can't apply pressure and can just poke which is just not funny at all.

If you guys have any advices.

Thank you

Predict it and use tech crouch. The whole point of 6K is for it to be thrown out randomly, that's when its strongest. Or step it, it does not track. AAs should beat it as well as long as both of you are on neutral. 6K is vastly improved in this game and is one of Nightmare's best moves.

I don't know about frame datas on that move but I have way more difficulties to deal with it in SoulV, and never had any in the IV

This is funny because I don't or rarely use 6K against Natsu or Lexia, they have some many TC moves that make NM free quite often =)
Like Engared said, step more and use tech crouch moves. CH 6K combo can be indeed devastating when you are near a wall or an edge.

SC IV DMG: 14 IMP: 20 BLOCK: -11 HIT: -3
SCV DMG: 18 IMP: 14 BLOCK: -8 HIT: 4

So in all in SCV, it does 4 more damage, it comes 6 frames faster, is 3 frames safer, and gives 4 frame advantage on regular hit instead of -3.

SC IV DMG: 14 IMP: 20 BLOCK: -11 HIT: -3
SCV DMG: 18 IMP: 14 BLOCK: -8 HIT: 4

So in all in SCV, it does 4 more damage, it comes 6 frames faster, is 3 frames safer, and gives 4 frame advantage on regular hit instead of -3.
6k isn't 20 frames fast in SC4.

BAH! My bad, had the 20 and 14 swapped from the Wiki, meant to say IMP 14 and 20 DMG. So 6K is still just as fast as it has been.

So it's the same speed, does slightly less damage, but is safer on block and gives more frame advantage.

Not too shabby...

Erm is anyone forgetting the tech trap options post 6K on CH? Compare that with the possible GS KK at ring edge in SC4. Now tell me that SC5's version has remained the same.

Lexia and Natsu are both very strong and ideally suited to fighting Nightmare, if you are having trouble with Nightmare you are doing it wrong.

Well, thank you for your answers guys, then I will practice more and use more steps and CH tech. It's just pretty scary to fight a nightmare in SCV with Leixia as he just rapes life bars in so few moves but yeah, I'll practice more.

Back