[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

name: T
Handle: TzarTenshi
psn: N/A
xbl: N/A
SC5 planned main: Mitsurugi
Also Trying: Yoshimitsu, Xiba
Hosting Status: not available

i just want to meet up with some people and play offline.

Good games, D4rkSch1sm, Doug, Rikkugrl25! We really need to get together offline so we can punish shit and react instead of anticipate.

Sorry, Rikkugrl25. You sounded really angry. D:

Name: Nate
XBL: Iwasasian (it's my bros)
SC5 Planned Main: Leixia
Also Trying: I don't have the fast-track mind needed to be good at more than one character at a time, so I'll just stick to Leixia =)
Hosting Status: not available

I'm only 15, so that's a bit young, but I'm still interested in getting in the scene, because it's a bit lonely to only have the CPU and laggy online matches.

Hey T we should be coming tomorrow. We will be going to a friend's place so if you want we can give you an address.

SC5 Planned Main: Leixia
Also Trying: I don't have the fast-track mind needed to be good at more than one character at a time, so I'll just stick

Nothin wrong with that. If you can beat people with one character, you don't need 2 or 3 other characters to produce the same result.

Gamefrog... lol
Ed still runs those? Man, I've really been out of the loop since I stopped reading SRK.
Yeah, he still runs them... Actually he just started them back recently. I'm actually going there tomorrow, despite all the late / cancelled events he's had there. :/

The "also trying" isn't about having a second character or playing multiple characters. SC5 is a new game, so I would expect everyone would try out different characters and different styles that are suited to them to come to a final decision on who their main character may possibly be. I am more than likely going to play Leixia, but if another character feels right I'm going elsewhere.

Name: Justin
XBL: SonGohanX
PSN: BanyaSGX
Main: Mitsurugi
Subs: Raphael/Nightmare (SC2)
Hosting Status: Generally 10-12

The only thing I play online is 3rd strike. I'll play SC5 online if it's not terrible like SC4/T5:DR/T6, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, I plan on having an open SC5 gathering the weekend of Feb 4th at my place. I'll post details about that a little closer to that date though.

Name: Jason
Handle: EmoPrinny / InfestedLoli
PSN: LoliLover
SC5 Planned Main: Viola
Also Trying: Hilde, Natsu, Pyrrha
Hosting Status: 8+ Just moved to new Condo haven't had anyone over but living room area is bigger than my apartment was and used to have like 6+ there for random games. Also Ed free as well.

The "also trying" isn't about having a second character or playing multiple characters. SC5 is a new game, so I would expect everyone would try out different characters and different styles that are suited to them to come to a final decision on who their main character may possibly be. I am more than likely going to play Leixia, but if another character feels right I'm going elsewhere.

Oh, well, in that case I might try out Natsu. I've never been much of a fan of Taki, I've always been intimidated by her big boobs and stern expression, but Natsu looks interesting to me. I like Mitsu, too.

Went to RESE yesterday, did ok in KOF but lost hard when it was time to step up.

Lots of folks were at least semi-interested in SC, but it seemed to be largely the same folks who aren't that hype about Marvel/3S. It's enough to form a respectable community though, especially if the Tekkenheads join in, which some usually do.

If SC5 delivers, it will do fine here. I'm going to need a month to get ready for FR though, and may have a house move to be doing in the process also (I may wait until after FR though)

Will: if you guys want to bring your own blankets/pillows and people don't mind crashing on the floor or the DDR machine pads, by all means. I've easily had 10+ people crash here on several occasions.

There will be plenty of people in NC for SC5, there always is in the beginning. The problem is keeping them.

A little NC history:
SC2 - Atlanta showed up and blasted everybody twice. Everyone left. A lot of complaints were about how defensive the game was. A couple of us that stayed on never saw it that way. Maybe it's because we either played w/ X, Sophie, Cass, Mitsu, Yoshi or Ivy. Me personally, I left for school and joined the Florida SC2 community. The Winston-Salem crew just stopped playing altogether (because I was the one pressuring them to play).

SC3 - Variable Cancel (VC) glitch. Split community. No one could ever make up their mind on what was banned and what wasn't. Very scrub-minded. Tier list very lopsided. Game was very linear and the characters that could exploit this (auto-step or great verticals) were on top. But overall, it was the community as a whole that turned off vets and newcomers alike.

SC4 - It's SC4. This game is complete ass. On to Street Fighter IV we all went. I volunteered to run the SC4 North Carolina regional for nationals. I bailed and handed it over to Q to run. I wasn't going to put forth any effort in promoting this game. Only about 18 people showed up. Ass.
------------------------------------------
Justin, I sent you a message on facebook regarding something for SC5.

Name: Q
Handle: FOX (formerly "Xiomar")
PSN: N/A
XBL: Xiomar Fox
SC5 Planned Main: whoever pisses you off the most
Also Trying: everyone
Hosting Status: Not happening
WILLING TO TRAVEL?: YUP!!!

Well last Saturday I went to a friends house in Greensboro and played offline. The gathering was sucessful. Also TzarTenshi made it over. It was a lot of fun and I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed it. Ggs to everyone and I hope we will all get together again very soon it the future.

Also good games to ceron and longshot sorry it's late guys woke up the next day and went to my friends house. Didn't leave til late so Sunday was a sleep it off day. We should get together agian online until we are able to play offline.

i had fun playing with D4rkSch1sm and Rikkugrl25. alas, my game needs much improvement. wish i had more time.

Well I am going back to my friend's house in Greensboro this weekend if everything goes right, it will be Saturday. He wanted to play some more and I am going to introduce him to frames. So you should ask him if you can come too. I won't know for sure if I'm going over till Friday. I'm really hoping that we as the North Carolina SC community can get a gathering soon after the drop of SCV. We shouldn't waste any time. I want to get tourny ready asap so NC can be represented at big tourny's.

Back
Top Bottom