Official 8WR SCV Ivy whishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post here, too, and don't be afraid, I won't be too strict. :P

1. Story/Character/Outfits
  • Give her a deep story (that's not only for Ivy), 17 years is a long time, she is one of the main and most famous characters of the series. She deserves on original background
  • For her 2nd (or maybe even 3rd costume), I'd like to see a dress (maybe SC2 3rd costume or SC3 2nd costume) and a new haircut. Something classic for Miss Valentine
2. Stances
  • SW (main stance), WP and SE (+ one her special SC2 stances), remove CL
  • Stanceswitches shouldn't be as "easy" as in SC4, make them stricter (so that you automatically change stances after certain moves). Would be nice to see a manual stanceswitch having special properties like backstep or aGI, too.
3. General
  • Make her complex, hard to master and fun to play (I'd like to hear a lot of evil laughter :))
  • Keep the same movement for SW and WP
  • Evil laughter!
  • She should be a good stepper, but don't give her SC4 CL backdash
  • Overall good damage and good possibilities at any range, but don't make it too hard for rushdown/closerange characters to come in like in SC4
  • Evil laughter!
4. Command Throws
  • Change the animation or spice them up (flashier, changing camera angles and evil laughter of course)
  • Increase the break window a little bit, 5 frames is just insufficient, even if they are difficult to perform
  • Give one C-Throw to SW, the other to WP and maybe both to SE or another special stance. And if they can be done from the same stance, make them very difficult to perform (like SECS).
  • Make the buffer window slightly bigger
  • Don't introduce "lame inputs" (turning the stick three times around should not result in Command Throws like in SC3)
  • Remove iCS, but then every C-Throw should do 85-90 dmg
5. Moves
  • Reduce (reduce, not remove) the pushback on certain moves like SW 3B, CL 1BB+K (if it's still in), WP 6B+K2_8
  • Keep CL 214B as it is in SC4, but it shouldn't teleport for 180°, it should have a sidestep Ivys right, that's it. Keep the unsafeness of course (or even increase it so that every character gets a guaranteed punishment)
  • Don't introduce stancelock (if there is a certain stanceswitch) and don't introduce special inputs that enable the player to do moves from different stances (like SW 9B is an attack with a sword, so make it accessible from SW only)
  • Make the hitbox of WP 4A+B bigger so that the aGI always connects, would be a really good aGI. And WP 4A+BB NH. But then, don't give WP 4A+BB the RO-range like in SC2.
  • Either remove the STC of SW 22K or make it MUCH unsafer (-18/19) and/or reduce the damage.
  • Make SW 214K accessible from WP, make it +0 or +1 on hit, but reduce damage on grounded opponents a lot!
  • SE HS Guard Break or replace HS (or add) with her SC2 SE B/(B)
  • Some oldies, but goodies could make a comeback (SC3 SW 3[K], 44A, WP A+B B followup) but this should not result in an Ivy that combines the best moves of every SC ;)

Don't make her broken! The lack of good punishment and some, theoretically, negative frames are not enough.

so yeah, here are my ideas:

1. costumes-
i was actually wondering if i could come up with my own costume that i was wondering if you could use. like a little ivy costume sketch.

2. stances-
I think that in CL should have more moves so that people can use Cl as much as SW or WP
I also think that from SE you should be able to cancel her A+B unblockable and from there be able to switch stances, though i also think that from SE you should make the additional hit from SE A(236A) into a just, so that its not able to come so easily and cause a lot of damage(even though you can shake it).

3. moves and throws-
I think that if you keep iCS you should also consider giving SS an iSS so that another move just as hard can be a just.

anyway, can you let me know if I can draw my own costume and if I can, can you let me know how I can get it to you?..... if its not too late

IvyII.jpg

The one on the left is my wishlist for Ivy's 2P costume. But I think we'd better remove the hat. I think her original hair is fine the way as it is. Where did you find this anyway? DeviantART?
They have a lot of concepts on the Wiki.
Personally I like the Top right, the image of "young" Ivy was aways better then the old hag we have in 4 and 5.

1. Costumes:

Her SCV outfit is pretty cool, but I also liked her SCIV p1 costume. Maybe change it a bit so it's more covered but still sexy:
ivy-soul-calibur.jpg

But I would also like to see a change of her haircut for the second costume. Maybe long hair and she should show more of her face, she is a beauty, there is no reason to hide her face. :3

2. General:

- Don't make her low tier please. :D
- She should still be a complex character, that's what makes her so awesome.

3. Moves and throws:

- Easier input for CS and SS.
- Even though CL is gone, I hope she still has 214B and combos like A+B, A+K, 66A+B

The wishlist is now officially closed.

When the game comes out I will list the wishlist ideas that found their way into the retail version of the game.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back