Online Vader training

Mr_Tak I will be willing to play you though i may not be as good as shin or oof I could give you a decent match.

On another note when I played you Shin I noticed that your playstyle with vader was alot more aggressive than mine which is more defense and counter. Could you give me advise on improving my style of play?

Well now Juece, i can see that you're more of a turtle style Vader. Only attacking when absolutely necessary and guaranteed. I used to be one myself in the early days of SC4 because that Force Parry just seemed too good.

Now what you can do to improve your style is to space more. Since you would rather defend and counter rather than being the aggresor, this is very important. Use 4B, 4K, FCA+B, 8WRA+B and even 236A+B if necessary to get your breathing room(no pun intended) If they get absolutely in your face, 1BA, A+G, and Force Parrys will be what saves you. Oh yeah, and don't forget to step. Vader's step is VERY good. Use it and run circles around your opponent.

DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT SPAM FORCE PARRY IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE. One thing i noticed in our battles is that you were very aGI happy with that, so i waited til you GIed air and got myself a free combo. Here are a few options if you want to bait your opponent into an aGI: 4K, 6BB, 4B and WS2A. Of course these aren't guaranteed, but you can generally get most people with these baits. Just ask anybody i've played XD

Chances are though, with this style, you'll be getting A LOT of CF's, so throw in a splash 11B and you should be fine. Let me know how this works out. ;)

Hey whats the timing on 88_22k on 44b vfc whenever I try it I either do one of three things 2k, 8k or 88k but after they hit the ground. Is the 88_22k as soon as you vfc of is it after a specific motion?

Hey whats the timing on 88_22k on 44b vfc whenever I try it I either do one of three things 2k, 8k or 88k but after they hit the ground. Is the 88_22k as soon as you vfc of is it after a specific motion?

It's really really tight. I think that first you gotta make sure you VFC is done perfectly, then worry about 22K.

It's really really tight. I think that first you gotta make sure you VFC is done perfectly, then worry about 22K.

Alright so about 10 minutes of training I got it down, it only works on certain characters huh? Anywho can I ask for some advice on opening up turtles if I play someone who turtles I have a really hard time and I dont want to spam grabs the entire match.

Back