Orlando, Fl Next Level : Sciv/t6: Br Tournament

Quick update..

1. The venue will be opening to everyone at 1P.M. to start the Sign-up process. Some casuals will go on for those that are bringing systems and wires, and those that arrive early. The Tournament officially starts at 2P.M. but, Sign-up officially closes at 2:30 P.M. for anyone who shows a little late.

2. Each Tournament Entry Fee is $25, $20 to the pot, $5 to the venue. If a player chooses to join both tournaments: They may either pay both pots, or pick which pot they want their one-time deposit to be in. If you chose SCIV, then you cannot win the pot for Tekken 6, and the pot gets split 60/40 between 2nd and 3rd (vice versa.)

Other than that, see you all there!!

Sure thing, by the way, SCH K trades with 6K, i11 (+4 for 3 impact at close range so i15) vs i16 and you'll need instant reaction vs that buckaroo!

And Danman, I'm only swapping for this tournament, testing the waters with Sieg since I tested with NM last time.

lol yeah i feel you Mammoth. im just messin w/you. but thats cool though...do what you gotta do. :sc2nm1:

2. Each Tournament Entry Fee is $25, $20 to the pot, $5 to the venue. If a player chooses to join both tournaments: They may either pay both pots, or pick which pot they want their one-time deposit to be in. If you chose SCIV, then you cannot win the pot for Tekken 6, and the pot gets split 60/40 between 2nd and 3rd (vice versa.)

So... does that mean people can play in both of the tournaments, as long as they pay the entry fee for one? If so, then does that mean people who put their money into the pot for the tekken tournament (thus being ineligible for the prize for soul calibur), can still play in the soul calibur tournament, and knock out people who put their money towards that pot?

garbage nigga grimmace always tryin to get to the point on some shit! :B::B: and :A::A: wins tournaments calibur is basic!

garbage 3 i wish somebody would try me with that shit. that shit gets beasted on reaction 100%. dwayne man get at me bro 3212879809. or get on AIM or somethin.

So... does that mean people can play in both of the tournaments, as long as they pay the entry fee for one? If so, then does that mean people who put their money into the pot for the tekken tournament (thus being ineligible for the prize for soul calibur), can still play in the soul calibur tournament, and knock out people who put their money towards that pot?

Yes, knockouts from Tekken players on Calibur, and vice versa, add to this competition. Even if a person that joined Tekken(putting their money to that pot) joins the Calibur and loses, there are more people seeded, and more matches to be done. We are doing this to compensate for players that show vs. money distribution for top-placers.

Yes, knockouts from Tekken players on Calibur, and vice versa, add to this competition. Even if a person that joined Tekken(putting their money to that pot) joins the Calibur and loses, there are more people seeded, and more matches to be done.

I still don't understand how this is a good idea... yea, there will be more people playing in each tournament, but you must see how people who did pay for the tournament getting knocked out of possibly winning their money back, by someone who didn't pay, isn't fair to the people who paid. That's what casuals are for.

We are doing this to compensate for players that show vs. money distribution for top-placers.

WAT?!? How is there a successful compensation, and there really shouldn't really be a need for compensation in the first place.

If the whole concern is getting people to enter both tournaments, with the entry fees the "problem" then just lower the entry to both tournaments down to $10. Thus people can enter both for the $25 cost.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I want the tournaments to be fair to all participants. I was originally planning on entering both anyways, but maybe neither now if there is a possibility I can get knocked out by people who didn't pay to be in the respective tournaments.

lol, Why are you so scare anyway? More than likely there will be only very few people enter both tournaments anyway.

We are doing this to compensate for players that show vs. money distribution for top-placers.

I think you forgot to explain why there is a need for compensation. Most tournaments do not innately have a deficit to players that needs to be compensated for. What makes this tournament different?

I, also, don't like the idea of players being knocked out of a tournament by someone who isn't in the tournament. In double elimination the only two known positions are first and second, so giving it to "third" doesn't work.

I still don't understand how this is a good idea... yea, there will be more people playing in each tournament, but you must see how people who did pay for the tournament getting knocked out of possibly winning their money back, by someone who didn't pay, isn't fair to the people who paid. That's what casuals are for.

WAT?!? How is there a successful compensation, and there really shouldn't really be a need for compensation in the first place.

If the whole concern is getting people to enter both tournaments, with the entry fees the "problem" then just lower the entry to both tournaments down to $10. Thus people can enter both for the $25 cost.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I want the tournaments to be fair to all participants. I was originally planning on entering both anyways, but maybe neither now if there is a possibility I can get knocked out by people who didn't pay to be in the respective tournaments.

I agree. You should really reconsider. Hey Grimmace, I didn't know your still playing Tekken.

Honestly, I don't care. I just want to play. However, I can understand why someone would get pissed off and not come back again because he was knocked out of the tournament by a guy that didn't even put down in the soul calibur part of the tournament and is some tekken guy.

This seems to me, is going to cause more harm than good.

Turnout is what is whats most important to me. Having said that I do think the cross participation is a strange idea and I'm not really sure what effect it will have bottom line in terms of increasing turnout. If I have a vote I say axe it, but I'll try to show up either way.

I don't see how that idea is a good one. Just do 2 $10 tournaments for each game and let people choose on their own which tournament/s that they want to participate in. In essence, that is what's being done without clearly stating so since someone who pays into the SC pot cannot win the pot Tekken and vice versa.

If you want people to be into both games, then just have plenty of setups for people to play on instead of this idea. Good luck though.

its quite apparent that the only person capable of taking both tournaments is me, its like you guys are trying to reduce the amount of money i take from both games. I can understand tho id be pissed to. Anywho, 20$ during recession for a entry into a tournament is kind of steep I mean hell it used to be 10$! I dont even know who u guys are are u supposed to be good or something?

Only you or maybe Grimmace would win both. The thing is that you're not going to! I like Malice's idea on seperate tourney fees. I in no way want to be in a tekken tourney.

lol, Why are you so scare anyway? More than likely there will be only very few people enter both tournaments anyway.

It's not about scared, it's about having a successful event, that will make people want to come back. If stupid stuff goes down, it will leave a bad taste in peoples mouth, and hurt any further events.

Back