Other ways to grab in air

SkullJune

[08] Mercenary
Ok so i know how to grab after the Big ninja cannon :UA: and the normal ninja cannon, also i know the GB kick after "windroll" move.

So are there any other ways to get them high enough to grab or is that pretty much it

In SCIV Taki's WS AA would launch aerial opponents high into the air, enough for air grab but i don't think it works in SCV anymore.

There are still tech jump or super tech jump moves, like Pyrrha Omega's Jumping Unblockable, which you air grab them out of.

But launchers beyond bombs i don't know. Yet.

Ok so i know how to grab after the Big ninja cannon :UA: and the normal ninja cannon, also i know the GB kick after "windroll" move.

So are there any other ways to get them high enough to grab or is that pretty much it
Besides, why would you want to do an air grab? You've got a more awesome follow up that looks cooler, is harder to execute, and...DOES 4 EXTRA DAMAGE!

Basically, instead of say...
2A+B 236236A+B+K4 66 8B+G
Why not follow up with a cooler version:
2A+B, 236236A+B+K4 66 4 A+B, FC A+B, 44KK

But yeah, the main problem with air grabs is that if bombs are, in fact, the only way to get them, then they can pretty much always be avoided with jumps, left/right/back ukemi's (to avoid tech traps), or just eating them while grounded.

Though, if you want another way to grab that, you could do the BE PO Weasel Run (PO A+B+K) past your opponent and then use K to grab them. I believe that's the one that grabs.

Gotta wait for them to get up in the air themselves. Tira, Yoshi with his goofy-ass helicopter moves, Mitsu, Pyrrha all have moves that leave them in the air for a long time from which you can grab them. You can also grab another Natsu in HOV or SM. (Maybe not SM, since it's technically an illusion. I'm not sure)

:33 shows a way to get off a bomb inside a combo that i havent seen anyone do so would anyone like to confirm if you can get bombs off this way? it seems like it would be unavoidable 100% of the time

:33 shows a way to get off a bomb inside a combo that i havent seen anyone do so would anyone like to confirm if you can get bombs off this way? it seems like it would be unavoidable 100% of the time

SOMEONE TEST THIS NOW.

The bomb is blockable.
It's actually a bug in training mode, when you set the counter hit to attack, after a knockdown ,oki attacks work like on counter hit, even if the opponent is just teching.
Thats why the WS B4A+B works with these settings.
The stupid thing is it doesn't even show ''Counter'' in the fight messages lol.

Are there any better combos out of WS B? Perhaps something like A:6, FC A+B, whatever type of thing?

WS B4A+B seems to work on CH. And you can combo A+B out of it. <3
WS B4A+B, A+B, FC A+B, 44KK ~ 96 dmg

On the other hand, CE out of the WSB4A+B and you can follow it with a CE combo for 130+.
Like:
WS B4A+B, CE4 66 4, A+B, FC A+B, 44KK ~ 129 dmg min, 143 max so far.

Back