Parry & Hesitation

PSN-iiDRiiS

[10] Knight
First sorry if i'm just recreating the same thread but i'm seconding Cass and I always use her Angel Step

thing (214 & 236) for hesitational purposes and it actually works including with the easy follow ups but, am I

just wasting my time using that move and also what does 214 parry and what does 236 parry?

Thanks!

Sorry if the terminology is screwed up!

Whenever i use cass and the 236 parry,,
I use that when i know my opponent is using a obvious combo.

Ok thanks but are there any MAJOR DAMGE combos I can get from the 214 Angel step or Double Angel step?
Oh, btw I saw KDZaster video where he did Cass's 44a+g grab (not sure if thats right) then he 214b and on wake up he was able to auto grab w/ 2b+g is that guaranteed to work after that little combo or did he just time the grab with the wake up?

Ok thanks but are there any MAJOR DAMGE combos I can get from the 214 Angel step or Double Angel step?
Oh, btw I saw KDZaster video where he did Cass's 44a+g grab (not sure if thats right) then he 214b and on wake up he was able to auto grab w/ 2b+g is that guaranteed to work after that little combo or did he just time the grab with the wake up?

You need to review her moves notation, because that doesn't make any sense. I have no idea what grab you are referring to, but I'm guessing you mean he did 214 2B+G after it. You can crouch grab a crouching opponent, sometimes a teching opponent, and an opponent in a crouch stun. You can get a crouch stun off of 236/214 on nh only, 2B+K on counter, 3K, 6AA[A] on counter, and a wall hit. I can't remember if there is anything else.

You need to review her moves notation, because that doesn't make any sense. I have no idea what grab you are referring to, but I'm guessing you mean he did 214 2B+G after it. You can crouch grab a crouching opponent, sometimes a teching opponent, and an opponent in a crouch stun. You can get a crouch stun off of 236/214 on nh only, 2B+K on counter, 3K, 6AA[A] on counter, and a wall hit. I can't remember if there is anything else.

22_88 forces a crouch as well, though they have enough time to stand upright again before a low throw can get them. 236B wall hit provides a nice low throw opportunity, and if you time it right, you can get a back throw combo for a lot of damage.

Ok, thanks I don't really understand Cass's moveset I only used Setsuka for a while ^_^!

22_88 forces a crouch as well, though they have enough time to stand upright again before a low throw can get them. 236B wall hit provides a nice low throw opportunity, and if you time it right, you can get a back throw combo for a lot of damage.

I only listed guaranteed crouch throw attempts that's why I didn't put 22_88B. I also listed wall hits, but I didn't specify.

236 and delayed 236 is her post GI mixup since undelayed its guaranteed on GI and delayed it will kill a re-GI.
You can get lucky with 214 and have it work randomly, but the the auto-GI window is very late and not really viable to use in setups unless you're trying to auto-GI something very slow, in which case why not just counter hit them with something? The awesome thing about 214 is that you can cancel 236 with it, which will really mess with the person when the pressure is on.

I am terrible at parrying.
The only way i can parry and attack is if i use those counters every character has.

Back