Please destroy these people-

I come from the DOA community and I know Offbeat Ninja very well.
The last thing that's on this guys mind is to come in the SC4 community and think "IMMA DOMINATE THESE BITCHES!"
He's just a former DOA player who wants to learn a new fighter like the rest of us. =]

I'm also a former CGS pro gamer & from what I can understand,CGS is just trying to expand it's horizon & give every a chance to play with the pros. Please don't take this as a threat or mock, this event is just for fun & fun only,from what I can understand. ^_^

the whole video-game scene is about talking shit. The idea of playing professionally is new so there really isn't any morale or tradition yet. If anything I welcome the DOA4 community coming over cause i beleive SC4 is a better game and the more ppl play soul cal 4 the better the competition.

CGS pro gamer

i agree with everything this guy said except this...

"pro" gamer? really? are we really going to tack on THAT prefix to the word "gamer"?

shit, i've played in tournaments across the us since i was 15 years old, that doesn't make me a pro. nor does being sponsored make you one either.

of course, i'm sure my buddy who played doa competitively (i think his name is perfect legend) would disagree, but he's also home-schooled :)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/calendar/playthepros/2008/0825-carolinacore.htm

If I even need to say why, then don't bother.

Anyways, I dunno if you guys have heard, but a lot of DOA4 players have come over to SC4 and 'expect' to dominate the competition.

It's up to our community to stop people who think SC4 is so easy. they can come from DOA scrubsville and dominate our players.

Rep up, because I won't be here.:(

cha cha

Hey man, don't judge the whole DOA community because of Offbeat. (to tell you the truth, I don't care what you think of the DOA community. My thoughts on it aren't too great either, I just play the game) He knows he isn't gonna dominate because he is terrible at the game. haha.

i agree with everything this guy said except this...

"pro" gamer? really? are we really going to tack on THAT prefix to the word "gamer"?

shit, i've played in tournaments across the us since i was 15 years old, that doesn't make me a pro. nor does being sponsored make you one either.

of course, i'm sure my buddy who played doa competitively (i think his name is perfect legend) would disagree, but he's also home-schooled :)

Ok first off...I'm a girl. XD
And second,you're right,just because I USED to be in CGS,doesn't mean I am a pro gamer. I played DOA for 10 years casually and NEVER took it to a "high level" until CGS came along.
I respect all gamers who have done the traveling to go to tournies in different states and also become dedicated to their game,which in my eyes,make them a pro gamer.
But all I was trying to get across was that CGS is just doing this for fun and trying to get the peoples thoughts and reaction.

Killed the sponsered brats, be nice to them later. Too bad I couldn't play, I'd record myself beating them with a paperbag over my head and one hand tied behind my back, :p. Still hope it gets recorded, though.

Actually, the term "pro gamer" refers to those gaming with income.
Currently this term is limited to players in leagues like MLG and CGS.. as other gaming events (Evo/WCG/SBO) do not offer their champions or participants any income.

At most, they offer prize money, but rather measly compared to what CGS people get for winning.

That's why it's such a joke.. i mean most the games they play are actually good... fps... whatever

but DOA.. gimmie a fucking break

no wait it's... DOA4. even funnier

You qualify for CGS automaticly if you have a vagina and the tv screen doesn't crack when they put the camera on you. How can anyone from the real fighting game community take it seriously. Yes I said real.

Pixel preach it brother

Wow, great to see other fighting game communities are just like the DOA one.

Never did I talk any trash about any SC players nor do I expect to dominate any competition without a lot of hard work and time put into this game. Despite popular beliefe DOA does in fact have depth and I see no reason to trash it. I love DOA4, and I have recently just picked up SC4 (my first SC) and am loving it while trying to learn from and get good at it. I have been on this forum and caliburforum.com a lot trying to read up on the game and understand the system since I enjoy it and would love to compete. Funny I happened to stumble upon this thread.

This Xbox Live play with the pros thing is a promotional event run by Microsoft, and was totally out of my hands. Even so I dont see any where in the Microsoft play with the pros article stating we were going to run through anyone. This is also not to say I wont enjoy it, however and cant wait to play everyone, i just feel its really unfair and unwelcoming for some of you to be attacking new players in your community.

I don't hate DOA4, but you have to admit you are lucky with that game. Some of us spend our time, money, and blood into a game simply for love. We don't usually get a big check at the end of the day.

I personally am new to SC myself, but I am an accomplished Tekken player. DOA has got a long way to go to gain respect in my eyes. Yes, there is depth, especially with DOA4 which I think is great that's it's actually going in that direction. It's still relatively shallow, though, compared to other fighting games. Of course every fighting game is a bit shallow when compared to Virtua Fighter.

Come on... Online play? Here's a strategy tip: Turn on uTorrent without upload limits to hog your bandwith and lagspam everyone to death with Mitsu.

You qualify for CGS automaticly if you have a vagina and the tv screen doesn't crack when they put the camera on you.
Doesn't even require that much since PMS gets free seeding privileges. It'd be nice if a legit pro circuit was looking at SC4. CGS is a circus.

Offbeat, it's not your fault, but the way MS presents it, you and Optimystik supposed to be the pinnacle of SC4 play just 'cause you played DOA4. Kinda insulting to the SC community even if you have no control over how they're presenting you.

Personally I feel that its a good addition to our community of SC 4

With them playing, it sets the par up for competition, it does give the Japanese/HK/Korea players some people to get worried about.

I'm sure they are not here to dominate the game. They definitely realize that DOA4 and SC4 are 2 totally different game, albeit they are the same genre..

Moreover its online play, the lag will either kill them or murder them...

To OffbeatNinja and Mystik: Welcome on board Soul Calibur 4, we hope you have a pleasant journey with us. Singapore welcomes you...or at least me...welcomes you...

I understand what you'd like to see, ChaCha, and we'll try and represent SC properly. :) I'm not the kind of person to just stick with one community (I'm involved in a lot), but I sure do love SC.

However, I don't understand some of the SC-players responses. I mean, nowhere in that article did Microsoft say that these 2 players were looking to come on XBL and school everyone in SC4. Granted, Microsoft did say they were hot shit, but you know in DOA4 they earned it (don't flame me, I FREAKING HATE DOA4). In all honesty, if these 2 players do real good on Friday after being totally dedicated to a totally different fighting game, then that's some good skill at adapting for sure. Nonetheless, Offbeat Ninja and Mystik didn't post that article...Microsoft did. If these two wanna break into SC4, then I say at least they're talented enough to win at a fighting (cough, hate DOA4, cough) game, bring em on over here.

To the DOA4 players Offbeat Ninja and Mystik, can't wait to play you both on Friday. And as for the smack-talking people on here are talking about: Countering won't be so easy in this playing field. (^_^)

Thanks to all that have given supportive and welcoming responses. Send the gamertag CGS Offbeat, as well as Offbeat Ninja a friend request along with a message so I know who it is. Id love to play with you guys for a bit tomorrow and talk about the game/learn the game as well, and also possibly get my butt kicked =p.

Back