Power tier based on the story of the game

Should the list get updated with the characters from SCV now? Just wondering.... (>*.*)
(It might be the only list where Zwei's near the top since he defeated Nightmare *sobs*)

Should the list get updated with the characters from SCV now? Just wondering.... (>*.*)
(It might be the only list where Zwei's near the top since he defeated Nightmare *sobs*)

Plus he was only defeated by being stabbed in the back and (I think) being pushed off a cliff or wall or something.

I'm hoping someone actually replies to this post, thread has gotten dusty. Since Zwei defeated Patroklos twice in the story mode i think it's safe to say he is stronger than sword and shield patty. However, i want to make the argument that he could potentially be stronger than patsuka too.

Breaking down the events of the first two fights against pat, we see P initially got the better of zwei, but Z's trick up his sleeve turned it around in one move. Later on, when they fight for control of soul calibur, we see zwei completely overpower pat and break his shield (a perfect analogy for how good he is at guard burst / breaking the guard), securing another victory. A fair rebuttal would be to say that once the sword and pats style changes, he beats zwei.
However,
The first two fights between them were not sparring matches. Zwei was defending an innocent man from pat, who was wholly convinced was malfested. Safe to say both these people were fighting for something they believed in, will against will, and zwei won. Exact same situation in the second fight, except for two factors.

1: Pat now had soul calibur (which i'm sure increased his strength / abilities in canon)
2: Tempers had flared up to a degree far larger than in the first fight. One could have easily killed the other given the chance. I believe the shield breaking caused everyone to relax a little bit, where the next fight was simply a test of pat's new abilities / style.

Considering the only reason the second fight started was because zwei wanted soul calibur (and was willing to kill pats sister) and the sword took the form of pats other style and a compromise had been made, i believe zwei held back in the third fight. If you think about it aswell, pat should have been more motivated to win that second fight than zwei. For all he knew, his own life and that of his sisters were threatened. He didn't fully hold back, but enough to not kill or damage pat. Also, let's consider that zwei actually defeated nightmare in a straight up fight. Pyrrha did also, but she didn't finish him.

All this considered, i believe zwei is, storyline wise, one of the strongest characters (even more so than patsuka).

Tell me what you think anyways! Also, this post made me think of how awesome it would be if soul calibur choose zwei instead of pat. Ein and the holy sword would make him an unstoppable force!

I'll also throw in the fact i believe he survived the fall. Ein could have easily caught him near the bottom of the bottomless chasm. HOPEFULLY nightmare didn't also (we see zwei looking into that abyss after the fight) and ein possessed the armour to carry zwei to safety. Whatever happened, i hope they bring him back as a character.

Wait, how high on this list would Pyrrha be? She defeated Voldo singlehandedly and more or less defeated Nightmare.
Something I've wondered about... the guide says that regular Pyrrha is protected by her sword and shield as opposed to Pyrrha Omega (Wielding Soul Edge) who is under the protection of Eumenides. So, does that mean she wasn't getting a greek god power-up beforehand or was that wording just subtlety?

I'm hoping someone actually replies to this post, thread has gotten dusty. Since Zwei defeated Patroklos twice in the story mode i think it's safe to say he is stronger than sword and shield patty. However, i want to make the argument that he could potentially be stronger than patsuka too.

Breaking down the events of the first two fights against pat, we see P initially got the better of zwei, but Z's trick up his sleeve turned it around in one move. Later on, when they fight for control of soul calibur, we see zwei completely overpower pat and break his shield (a perfect analogy for how good he is at guard burst / breaking the guard), securing another victory. A fair rebuttal would be to say that once the sword and pats style changes, he beats zwei.
However,
The first two fights between them were not sparring matches. Zwei was defending an innocent man from pat, who was wholly convinced was malfested. Safe to say both these people were fighting for something they believed in, will against will, and zwei won. Exact same situation in the second fight, except for two factors.

1: Pat now had soul calibur (which i'm sure increased his strength / abilities in canon)
2: Tempers had flared up to a degree far larger than in the first fight. One could have easily killed the other given the chance. I believe the shield breaking caused everyone to relax a little bit, where the next fight was simply a test of pat's new abilities / style.

Considering the only reason the second fight started was because zwei wanted soul calibur (and was willing to kill pats sister) and the sword took the form of pats other style and a compromise had been made, i believe zwei held back in the third fight. If you think about it aswell, pat should have been more motivated to win that second fight than zwei. For all he knew, his own life and that of his sisters were threatened. He didn't fully hold back, but enough to not kill or damage pat. Also, let's consider that zwei actually defeated nightmare in a straight up fight. Pyrrha did also, but she didn't finish him.

All this considered, i believe zwei is, storyline wise, one of the strongest characters (even more so than patsuka).

Tell me what you think anyways! Also, this post made me think of how awesome it would be if soul calibur choose zwei instead of pat. Ein and the holy sword would make him an unstoppable force!

I'll also throw in the fact i believe he survived the fall. Ein could have easily caught him near the bottom of the bottomless chasm. HOPEFULLY nightmare didn't also (we see zwei looking into that abyss after the fight) and ein possessed the armour to carry zwei to safety. Whatever happened, i hope they bring him back as a character.

I'd easily place ZWEI as the strongest amongst the SCV newcomers for everything that you just listed, plus how fighting ZWEI is honestly like fighting two people at the same time considering Ein.

Since Pyrrha/Pyrrha Omega was able to face off against Nightmare then she'd rank fairly high as well. She only took out ZWEI in a sneak attack after he was tired from beating Nightmare which I wouldn't really count.

But SCV's story is so bad concerning Patroklos that I can't in good conscious put him anywhere above the middle of the power tier for several reasons: 1) He shouldn't even be able to use Soul Calibur outside of plot contrivance; 2) The notion that he's still a "master" in iaido sword use despite being out of practice; 3) Virtually all of his fights in the story involved him using Soul Calibur which would be giving him a power boost and therefore, we cannot accurately judge Patroklos' true abilities outside of Soul Calibur or plot contrivance.

For instance, the only time that we ever see Leixia, Xiba, Maxi and Natsu in the story is when they fight Patroklos wielding Soul Calibur in a 4 on 1 sparring match. But because of the reasons that I just listed above, I can't state without a doubt that Patroklos is stronger than any of them.

So for now my power ranking for SCV newcomers would be the following:
1) ZWEI
2) Pyrrha
?) Patroklos, Leixia, Natsu, Xiba and Elysium

I'll need to think about the rest of the cast up to SCIV though, so give me a little time for that follow-up.

Zwei never wanted to kill Pat's sister. He was actually trying to convince Pat that even though Pyrrha was malfested, she was still his sister. The world isn't just black and white and since Patty Cake was being all "wahhh, my sis malfested,' Siggy was like give Zwei SC, he'd do better than you. Zwei saw through Pat's fragile will and broke his shield yep, but the fight continued as a test of Pat's new determination to save his sister. Not to kill her. Though SC/Elysium made Pat go cuckoo after Ivy restored its powers. But yea, I'm sure Zwei was just testing to see if Pat could wield the 'true form' of his style and see if he was determined to keep going.

(>*.*) The top 3 characters in terms of power storyline wise, I would have to say:
1. Patty Cakes/Patsuka ---> defeated O.Pyrrha, Zwei, the Asian group, Ivy and Elysium, the manifestation of SC herself. They're the same person so I put them together.
2. Zwei ---->Defeated Pat x2(fake sword and shield style that's a pale copy of his momma), Nightmare.
3.O.Pyyrha---> defeated Voldo (Pyrrha form), 'defeated' Nightmare. I put in quotations cuz Nighty still seemed pretty ok when he's like "Was that it? Lololol" and teleports away in fire. 'Defeated Zwei, aka stab him in the back while he's looking down a dark abyss'.

As for Zwei wielding SC, I do think he would have been a better choice than Pat. His will is much stronger than's Pat. But it's probably due to that, that SC didn't want him. She'd prefer someone who hates the malfested and has a weak will so that she could control him, if needs be.

Thinking about it roles/tier/power is very Capcomesque

random order

Algol/Gill- The Gods,the absolute highest point (notice both are made by opposite red/blue powers)

Edgemaster, Olcadan/Akuma, Gouken, Oro- the Masters,the highest human point

Mitsu/Ryu (classic: 2,3,4)- THE (japanese,obvious) fighter. He don't give a fuck about story, he just travel the world trading punchfaces with all random strong peoples he find around, fight and get stronger,becoming every day a better warrior. Icon of the martial artist

Kilik/young Ryu(Alpha)- hero role,but also the whole bs of have an evil dark side that must be hold cuz be evil iz bad

Maxi/Ken- The flashy, cool, look at me, aggressive sidekick friend of the hero

Cervy/Sagat- very first boss of the saga, then just an epic badass. Still stronger of most of characters,but no more boss

Night/Dictator- the a lil bit overrated story villain. Maybe not the strongest,but end up to be the one to fight the story hero. But at some point end up to have epic power superboss style (alpha/terror)

Sieg/Guile- the blond story hero. Maybe not the strongest,but end up to be the one to fight the story villain

Pat/Alex- the NEW younger blond story hero

Zangief/Rock- the big muscle dude, the original power char of the saga

Hugo/Asta- the BIGGER muscle dude: bigger, stronger, monster looking new power char

Vega-Claw/Raph- the narcissistic quick dude of the saga

Blanka/Liz- the beast

Sean/Yun- the young wannabe

Dan/Dampierre- joke char

Many others,but is getting boring :D

I see what you did there, but let me finish it up for you.

Sophitia/Cammy (Alpha) - forced against her will by Soul Edge

Cassandra/Rainbow Mika - strong willed individual and will fight to stop evil, plus she uses her butt as an attack

Taki/ Chun Li (Alpha) - sent on a mission to destroy Soul Edge

Xianghua/ Chun Li (SF 2, 3, and 4) one of the strongest fighters in the game (given her moveset or with SC), but she's always following Kilik (Alpha Ryu).

Ivy/Poison - the femme fatale

Talim/Elena - the friendly tribeswoman

Seong Mi-Na/Makoto - the tomboy with something to prove, while giving her dojo some notoriety

Setsuka/Crimson Viper - the mysterious beauty with a lot of quick tricks up her sleeve

Tira/Juri - the crazy chick

Hilde/Cammy (Delta Red) - strong individual that will fight for her homeland and rid the world of evil

Amy/Karin - rich kid who spites other people

Viola/Rose - psychic abilities

Natsu/Ibuki - the modern, hip ninja

Leixia/ Sakura - always wanting to prove herself to be the best to Maxi (and Kilik) in the story

Xiba/Yang - the kung fu kid (both are voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch)

Z.W.E.I./Abel or Remy - fighter with no past

Pyrrha/ Juni or Juli - see Sophitia

Zasalamel/ Dhalsim, Balrog, and Dee Jay - the wise fighter with the heavy hands

I think that's everyone. Anyone I missed?

Back