Practical Nerfs: Kilik

Something-Unique

[10] Knight
This thread is to help compliment the Kilik matchup thread in regards to Kilik's standing in this game!

Its open to anyone as long as ur a rational individual and not a complainer.

The idea is connected to Kilik in SCV.

So let's start:

I think Kilik is a balanced character in this game but there are 1 or 2 nerfs I thinks he should have to his current moveset.

1. Asura Dance & Asura Dance JF:

Asura = 69-Damage
Asura JF = 80-Damage

To be honest there is little incentive to do the JF overall because of the damage difference. By nerfing the regular version to 59-Damage players have more incentive to learn the JF and since its difficult to pull off both consistently and practically according to the general outlook on Kilik throughout the community it adds more value to the move.

To help compensate for this change the -Frames on Asura should be lowered by 1-2-Frames to accompany the damage nerf and still the same risk.

General nerfs for this move should be erasing the ability for the second hit changing into the back turned version. It's kind of stupid and scrubbish. Last but not least eliminate the extremely rare ability to negate highs. It's extremely rare but its there.

Most people don't realize this but the tech-jump and the counter require different timing outside of specific situations and therefore the tech-jump ability should still be kept.

By doing this u have a move that still gives Kilik the ability to manage pressure to compliment his moveset in which very few moves does that since he sucks on the inside and limits the damage from the general masses that scrub this move out with no timing etc. and get lucky.

I'll explain the second nerf at a later time because I want to see other people's insight.

I actually think GB ASURA should be alittle higher damage output considering the difficulty of this move. I bet there are only a handful of Kilik players on this site that can do that move consistently. Considering other moves in the game like Sophitia's TAS B TAS B4 do alot more damage and aren't nearly as hard to pull off either. You could do FOTD into GB ASURA and still not get the damage output of easier moves in the game. I don't think a nerf is needed for this move. By the way i can't do GB ASURA for the life of me, any pointers lol.

The GB Asura essentially is a good move, but it's not necessarily needed in a Kilik player's arsenal. Sure it has higher damage, but is it really worth all of that pain on the hands to perform consistantly? GB Asura is i17 which isn't necessarily great considering the high potential damage.

On the other hand, it would be great to see someone perform that consistantly in battle whenever they so choose to. GB Asura can carry into regular Asura on wall hit if I remember. I can be sure of one thing that needs to be added to the possibility of Kilik's arsenal in SCV. GB Asura needs to be easier to perform. It would make Kilik a hell of a lot better in terms of simple raw power.

I know people who nail it 90% of the time...just to make sure:

GB Asura against Algol:30 Damage.
Normal Asura against Algol: 130 Damage

Im sure Algol isnt the only one.

I know people who nail it 90% of the time...just to make sure:

GB Asura against Algol:30 Damage.
Normal Asura against Algol: 130 Damage

Im sure Algol isnt the only one.

i'm sure there are ppl that can hit the move 90% of the time but the vast majority of Kilik players (i'd bet over 90%) can't do this move much less consistently. it's too much work for the damage output.

Basically what daveyspadez says is true. Maybe 1 out of 10 Kilik players will be able to consistantly pull off the technique. It's simply too much work for something that isn't necessarily going to improve the chances of winning by alot.

A faster knockdown mid. Kilik should have SC2 3B; that should solve any problems right there.

I also want A+K, 22A, 44A to be faster by a one or two frames at least.

Finally, I want MO A to be the SC3 version. That's all he needs, imo...

That's an interesting proposal but I think you still have to consider Project Soul's position when talking about nerfing moves. Changing the normal damage ratio from 69 to 59 wouldn't be much incentive for a whole lot of people to learn a JF and those who want to get good at it already are.

Trust me, this game already seems inaccessible enough because of people like us. We'll get noobs or "casual" players who are barely pulling moves like this off and only getting a decent pay off out of it as compared to better players who would already have a +20 damage increase because they knew a just frame. The balance would go toward the better players scaring off any new comers who might have been interested and that is something BandaiNamco doesn't want.

Now I'm not trying to argue that scrubs don't spam Asura already or that nerfing it would be a bad idea, I'm just saying that for the sake a accessibility it's probably fine the way it is.

Anyway there's my two cents Something-Unique, this is a good topic so I'd be interested in hearing you talk about the other half.

If you want the game to be balanced at high levels, you have to assume people are going to be hitting JFs pretty consistently, because they do.

I think Asura's damage could be taken down one step further. As in make Asura = 50 and JF Asura = 70. The reason I say this is because the damage an opponent takes for doing one predictable move is a little ridiculous. Think about you go for a low all of a sudden you just took 69 points of damage. That's just not right. Although only a few Kilik's have shown proper reaction time to jump a bunch of lows and counter a bunch of mids it's still over powered IMO. This way a Kilik player would have to learn JF Asura to deal that kind of damage.

Although if this is done FOTD should have it's damaged increased so that the combo still does the same damage. Even if it doesn't combo in the future FOTD should still do a little more damage.

As for improvements I would love to have Legend Rush back from SC2. Or I don't know at least let 4B and 4 cancel. Also I would like 4B+K to cancel so you could hop back and then cancel. That would be great for evasion and help spacing when Kilik is being pressured. Also if 4A could be a mid and keep all the same properties I'd love it even more.

Back