Progeny; My new Cas and Story

SirKillsalot

[09] Warrior
(feedback wanted on everything really)

Greetings :)

Im thinking about creating a fictional world for my CAS's from now on, these will be my first entries. I'm no writer by any stretch but critique is welcome, hope you guys like it :)

Whether or not I continue with this depends on the response I get here.

Backstory:

This world is traditionally known as Progeny or Progen to some, in older days the people from all lands worshipped the benevolent deity known as the Progenitor, though in recent times of war and death, faith has lost much of its relevance.

The lands of Progeny and divided among Kingdoms, City States, Imperialistic Empires and wild tribelands. Some are advocates of peace, tolerance and freedom while others such as the Balizean Empire, known simply as The Empire, are expansionists and ruled by one person.

My first entries are from the Empire and its Neighbours which are located on the central continent called Himbar.

The Empire is located in the West of Himbar along the coast and strecthing far inland to the Haemelian Mountains, its capital and seat of the Emporer is the Port City of Alkon. The Kingdom of Raverra to located far to the North and a coalition of city states control the lowlands to the south.

In the East, beyond the Haemelian mountains lies vast Desert land of Khendrelesse, ancient enemy of the Empire.

Emporer Belize in his ambition instigated open war with Raverra, the war has raged for eight years now and Raverra is close to collapse, the City States Coalition to the south and the tribes of Khendrelesse to the east maintain a tenous peace with the Imperials but have been slowly building their forces in anticipation of what seems to be an inevitable future war.

Over recent weeks rumours have grown of an unknown army wandering the lands between the Empire and Raverra, old battlefields in particular, little is known of them, but by the accounts of the few who have survived an encounter, they are an unnatural force, described by one man as those who have passed from this world. It is speculated that the army is currently gathering its strength, for what purpose none can say.

First Character.

First character up is Endrud. The corpse of an infamous mercenary who, during the initial attack into Raverra, personally butchered over one hundred people from the village of Cove in service of the Emperor Balize. Shortly thereafter he was killed by the Raverren King's Guard in a counter attack. Reanimated with dark magic, he has now lost what sanity he had and follows Mehrunes.

SOULCALIBUR_21.png

SOULCALIBUR_22.png

SOULCALIBUR_23.png

Second Character.

Mehrunes.

The feared leader of the undead horde, overseer of Endrud's reanimation. Mehrunes was once a respected Knight commander named Ser Everett, however after his Emporer commanded he commit atrocities in service of the Empire he refused and became an exile.

On the run Everett took the name of Mehrunes, in desperation he decided to seek shelter among the people of the vast Desert land of Khendrelesse, an old enemy of the Empire.

Months later, the people of the Oasis town Khrett found Everett unconcious and near death in the sands less than a mile outside of their town, the desert crossing from the mountains was perilous even for those who were familliar with the region, being simple farmers they did not recognise him as the former leader of the Empires forces and chose to take him in.

Over the following year, Everett, now known as Mehrunes recovered, and became a member of Khendrel society, determined to make ammends for his past wrongs, he aided the people of Khrett in whatever way he could, overseeing new irrigation programs, digging new wells and helping train the local millitia to ward off the many bandit gangs in the area. The towns people hailed Mehrunes as hero, though Everett was simply glad to be alive.

However, the Emporer Belize did not forget those who would betray him. Having received rumours the Ser Everett was alive, Belize dispatched his best assassin's, the Death's Head unit to hunt down the former commander. After many months they tracked Everett to Khrett. The last sight Everett saw was the people of Khrett being burned alive in inside the town hall by the men of Death's head, it was allmost a relief when his head was parted from his shoulders.

Days later, Everetts corpse was found by a wanderer amidst the ruins of Khrett. When next Everett was seen he was at the head of the undead horde.

Mehrunes the fallen.
SOULCALIBUR_5.png

SOULCALIBUR_4.png

SOULCALIBUR_3.png

More to come, along with more elaboration on the above.

Wow, very intelligent use of stickers and special items.​
Your characters look dark and vicious without looking at all try-hard.​

Nicely done with the CaS, they do give off the "dead fallen soldier" vibe, good work.

Also, very interesting story you have going there, looking forward to more.

Dagon. Sigh...

I like the name.

@DARKdr3naut07, I have to give you credit for the flames on the shoulders idea.

Anyway heres some more.

Ser Everett.

A famous Imperial Knight Commander, he oversaw many victories for the Empire over the Estosians during their attempted invasion of Himbar from across the sea. In more recent years he led his forces against the armies of Raverra.

Everett has however become disturbed by the brutality of the campaign and has found himself questioning the motives of Emporer Belize and the reasons for the war.

SOULCALIBUR_3-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_4-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_5-1.png

Emporer Belize.

Belize assumed the Throne of the Empire at seventeen years of age, after the death of his father Jereff. His first official act was to assmble three new millitary orders. The Deaths Head assassin unit, the Kings hand secret police, and the Imperial Guard unit.

Over the last 23 years these units have been used to maintain Belize's power by eliminating rivals, overseeing the population and spreading propaganda. Throughout his twenty three year reign Belize has been invloved in five wars, four of which he has personally instigated. He is a cruel man who takes pleasure in the suffering of others, it is often said that one has more to fear from an Imperial prison than an Imperial army.

SOULCALIBUR_6-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_7-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_12-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_11-1.png

Victus.

A general in the Imperial army, Victus has never attained Knighthood, rather he has gained a reputation as a brutal warrior and sound tactition, being the Emporers brother also helps.

Since the departure of Ser Everett, Victus has assumed total control of the northern campaign.
SOULCALIBUR_12.png

SOULCALIBUR_13.png

SOULCALIBUR_14.png

The Wanderer

Nothing is known about this woman other than the reports that she recovered Ser Everetts decapitated corpse from the ruins of Khrett.

SOULCALIBUR_9-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_8-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_10-1.png

More.

Imperial Soldier.

The standard infantry of the Belize Empire.

SOULCALIBUR_15-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_16-1.png

Imperial Knights

Generally found leading cohorts of Imperial soldiers, these men are drawn from the upper classes and Nobility within the empire.

SOULCALIBUR_17-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_19.png

SOULCALIBUR_20.png

Imperial Guard.

The hand picked personal guard of Emporer Belize, these are the most feared warriors in not only the Empire, but all of Himbar.

SOULCALIBUR_6.png

SOULCALIBUR_13.png

Update:

Shaon.

The daughter of Emporer Belize and perhaps the only remaining good influence in the royal court, Shaon has lived in luxury for her whole life, despite this, she is far more kind natured than her father and has often acted as a restraint by preventing Belize for carrying out many evil acts.

SOULCALIBUR_8-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_7-2.png

Leanne Rook.

Leanne is the only surviving member of house Rook, when Belize took the throne, Leanne's father was publicly opposed to his rule and remained his only political opponent for many years. Several years ago, after a failed attempt to overthrow the Emporer, Belize had the Imperial guard storm the Rook estate and butcher the entire family and their servants. Leanne managed to escape and has lived on the streets of Alkon under a new name ever since, she has vowed revenge.

SOULCALIBUR_1-2.png

SOULCALIBUR-2.png

King Edmund.

Edmund is the ruler of the Kingdom of Raverra and sworn enemy of Belize. His is an honorable ruler and capable warrior, but his age is cathcing up to him. He has ruled Raverra for thirty nine years and now wishes only to live to see peace ruturned to his lands.

SOULCALIBUR_3-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_2-2.png

Wanderer

Another of the mysterious wanderers, all that is known of this man is that he has been seen at Mehrunes' side while the horde marches.

SOULCALIBUR_6-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_5-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_4-2.png

Even though I'm not a fan of just "regular people", I really like your knights. Well done.

Loved all your designs, they all have a strong concept and feel like actual charactersl
Look forward to seeing more

Updatin!

Taken from my older stuff.

Durux.

A demon summoned by Mehrunes to strengthen the horde.

SOULCALIBUR_1.png

SOULCALIBUR_3.png

SOULCALIBUR_2.png

Undead soldiers.

These are typical of the beings that make up the undead horde. They strike fear into the heart of even the most steadfast opposition.

SOULCALIBUR_18.png

SOULCALIBUR_9.png

SOULCALIBUR_21.png

SOULCALIBUR-2.png

[/spoiler]

Back