Punishment strategies

zerogravity

[08] Mercenary
this thread is to discuss how or what to punish other characters with as the apprentice. an example would be mitsu's 66bb which is extremely hard to punish because of pushback and fC

I like to use the force wave, its not guaranteed because he can block in time but it usually catches off guard.
1. FC 8k:a doesn't reach him because of the pushback
2. force pull does work sometimes but he's able to duck in time.
I'm starting to think that there isn't a guaranteed punisher for this move. But if you come with any other ideas please let me know

If anyone wants I could try and start a list of difficult matchups and punishment strategies. An example would be X & Taki, then we could just have everyone add to it.

I think I mentioned this somewhere else, but Apprentice gets a guaranteed LAUNCH after blocking Mitsu 66B,B by countering with 66B. It doesn't get much better than that. Also, guaranteed 3B after blocking Mitsu's 2K,B.

Now if someone could tell me how to punish Setsuka's 2A+B or X's 44B (consistently) on block... I'm all ears.

Block Asta's A+B attacks from anywhere but tip range and 3B is guaranteed. Block Asta's 6A,B and 3B is guaranteed. Blocked non-tip Asta 66A = guaranteed 6A (random I know), and it'll interrupt the B follow-up on that string too.

Back