Pyrrah's Personality

I was going to say that Cassandra wasn't too bad. I mean, yeah her SCIV 1P outfit was a bit revealing considering her top but it wasn't too bad compared to say Ivy's dental floss outfit lol.

Ivy...damn ..How the hell did she even get in that outfit? and yeah I actually like Cassys 1P from SC4 xD I thought it was a nice mix of sexy and decent?( is that the right word i should use?..)

Ivy...damn ..How the hell did she even get in that outfit? and yeah I actually like Cassys 1P from SC4 xD I thought it was a nice mix of sexy and decent?( is that the right word i should use?..)
No I agre, I liked Cassandra's SC4 1p too. It was like a throwback from her SC2 2p look, only more detailed and yeah her top revealed her cleavage but it's like a modest sexy then whore sex. lol

No I agre, I liked Cassandra's SC4 1p too. It was like a throwback from her SC2 2p look, only more detailed and yeah her top revealed her cleavage but it's like a modest sexy then whore sex. lol
lmao yes~ I loved her SC 1p tho *A* but I liked her 2p hair~

Goodness me! So many people have commented on this thread since I last posted; why didn't my e-mail account give me any notifications? I feel like I've missed out on so much! >.<

I understand that the Soul series has always catered somewhat to the more revealing and perverted side of things; there is absolutely no mistaking that whatsoever. It does make me a little sad though, that with Sophitia especially, they took the risk of putting her in more and more revealing clothing as the series progressed. Now, I understand and compliment the fact that they attempted to place real-life features into the character concept (Greek attires, breastplates, etc.) but I honestly feel as if they had taken it a little too far at times. Mind you, I'm the kind of person that's not too fond of characters being exposed in general...

I really like how modest Pyrrha's clothing is so far. I'm a little disappointed by how underappreciated her 2P costume is... I really like how it contrasts with Patroklos's and tells a brief story about her past. It's a shame how it can be so easily overlooked because it's not considered to be as attractive as her initial one.

I think that's how it always has been. :) I mean, the only character I've seen who was strictly liked for his/her look was Ivy but if you actually got to know the character, she had one of the most head strong personalities out there. Intelligent, a little cold but not evil, and determined. Even Hilde. I think she rocks. ^^

I wish that were true... lately, I've encountered so many videos on youtube where the author of the video states that the story of a fighting game is irrelevant since people play it 'to fight' and could care less about the 'crappy storyline they strung together'.

I remember one particular person was showing off Elysium using Pyrrha Omega's moveset and the discussions within the comments were talking about how Elysium and Sophitia were one in the same. The author claimed he just skipped all the cutscenes in Story Mode because he wanted to unlock everything as quick as he could. Naturally, I was insulted by their ignorance, so I wanted to share my views; according to them, however, because she looks like Sophitia, it is Sophitia. And that's their argument. They don't care about the personality differences. Under that logic, wouldn't that also mean two identical looking twins would act and think exactly the same? ;p

The sad thing is, so many people seem to agree with them. Poor Sophie doesn't deserve to be put in the same category as that.

I remember one particular person was showing off Elysium using Pyrrha Omega's moveset and the discussions within the comments were talking about how Elysium and Sophitia were one in the same. The author claimed he just skipped all the cutscenes in Story Mode because he wanted to unlock everything as quick as he could. Naturally, I was insulted by their ignorance, so I wanted to share my views; according to them, however, because she looks like Sophitia, it is Sophitia. And that's their argument. They don't care about the personality differences. Under that logic, wouldn't that also mean two identical looking twins would act and think exactly the same? ;p

The sad thing is, so many people seem to agree with them. Poor Sophie doesn't deserve to be put in the same category as that.

Ahh, I hate just jumping into discussions like this, but I wanted to give kudos for someone finally recognizing that, considering the information we've been given in the story, Elysium simply is not Sophitia. From what I understood of the story, Elysium is the spirit of Soul Calibur, who took on the visual appearance of Sophitia to better manipulate our hero, Patroklos. His idealization of his mother, seeing her as a wise and benevolent figure, along with his obsession to be reunited with his family and right the wrongs that have been made against them, made him completely willing to bend over backwards to achieve whatever she asked of him. His loyalty to his family and his own self-delusions prevented him from seeing past Elysium's familiar face for the majority of the game - something which he wasn't able to truly get past until the very last moments of the story, even after his transformation into Alpha Patroklos. There's a reason Elysium was the final boss of the game - she had only a single purpose that needed fulfilled, and she would stop at nothing to achieve it, no matter what the cost. Lives were of no consequence to her, so long as Soul Edge was destroyed.

As Pat put it, "Our mother would never pit her children against one another."

... anyway. Back to Pyrrha now. :3

Ahh, I hate just jumping into discussions like this, but I wanted to give kudos for someone finally recognizing that, considering the information we've been given in the story, Elysium simply is not Sophitia. From what I understood of the story, Elysium is the spirit of Soul Calibur, who took on the visual appearance of Sophitia to better manipulate our hero, Patroklos. His idealization of his mother, seeing her as a wise and benevolent figure, along with his obsession to be reunited with his family and right the wrongs that have been made against them, made him completely willing to bend over backwards to achieve whatever she asked of him. His loyalty to his family and his own self-delusions prevented him from seeing past Elysium's familiar face for the majority of the game - something which he wasn't able to truly get past until the very last moments of the story, even after his transformation into Alpha Patroklos. There's a reason Elysium was the final boss of the game - she had only a single purpose that needed fulfilled, and she would stop at nothing to achieve it, no matter what the cost. Lives were of no consequence to her, so long as Soul Edge was destroyed.

As Pat put it, "Our mother would never pit her children against one another."

... anyway. Back to Pyrrha now. :3

Oh my goodness, it's very rare for me to find somebody who agrees with me! My heart is filled with so much happiness right now, that it is unreal! I've thought such things for so many months but this is the first time I have actually ever encountered anyone who understands and shares my views upon her!

Besides the more obvious traits from the story, it's also rather clear that Elysium's personality differs vastly from Sophitia's through the sheer fact that Elysium supported Patroklos's decision to go into battle. Right from the very beginning, Sophitia took on the burden of not only setting out to destroy Soul Edge, but also to protect her family. When Cassandra left unexpectedly and stole the Omega Sword from Hephaestus's Shrine, Sophitia openly criticized and shown concern for her safety, believing that she would never want her sister to suffer through the things that she herself had already experienced; to think that Sophitia would have behaved any differently, especially to her own children, is in my mind... out of the question.

(It was really enjoyable talking about this with you! If you would like to continue elsewhere, please don't hesitate to message me! I'd love to hear your thoughts on a few more things!)

Anyway, yes... back to Pyrrha. xD

I actually do like Pyrrha's 2p. It's very nice but the starting color scheme wasn't all that great to me but when I played with the colors, I saw just how nice it was. <3

Okay, my favorite costume is Pyrrha's 2p...and yes I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw a story in that costume. ( besides I think it suits her better...and I lover her 2p hair <3)
Also...when I first saw Elysium I thought she was Sophitia...but something about her didn't click. Anyways,when I played through the story mode I figured out it wasn't her when she said "..let's kill Pyrrha together."Also it becomes more obvious when you play with her. IMO she seems more like an I-am-justice-obey-ME-why-do-you-resist-your-savior type. Also the fact she was so ruthless!O.o Honestly, she's really similar to Pyrrha O. in the ruthlessness anyways. But I still like her but she doesn't resemble Sophitia at all...her speech..even her facial expressions. Elysium is really the Holier-than-Thou type ._.; But I sill like her >>;

Why do people keep misspelling Pyrrha's name? It's not that hard. Anyways, I would like to see her grow strong without Patroklos. Since it's looking unlikely that he'll be in the next game, and Hoshino loves the Alexandra girls, it would be interesting to see.

I prefer they change her character a bit away from her caricature of modern moe cliches. They really need to tone it down and develop it into something I can sympathize with easier. I'd rather her just be a tragic folk hero, rather than a tragic victim. She needs more to her resolves and relationships with other characters to expand her away from that.

Last edited:
Back