Pyrrha BE evaluations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranormal_Oreo

[12] Conqueror
Sorry to bother y'all but I'm thinking about making a thread showing the pros and cons of each and every BE in the game. Everything about them whether its minor or major. I was wondering if you Pyrrha players would do the Pyrrha part since I don't play Pyrrha and don't know much about her BEs. Use this as a reference:
Just everything about it. For example: Nm's GS K BE:
Pros:
-Great RO and w! possibilities.
-+ frames on block(+10).
-Good guard damage(Breaks in 10).
-Good damage(52 damage).
-KNDs on NH and CH.
-Combos on NH.
-Good oki.
-Hits OTG + catches rolls.
-Including GS animation, has good range + TCs.

Cons:
-Only possible from stance(Grim stride).
-Damage is greatly affected by the 'guts' mechanic(Damage lowered to 38).
-2nd hit is high on block therefore making it duckable then whiff punishable.
-Slow.
-Bad vs JG?(Wiki doesn't say. Just assuming it is).
-Excluding GS animation, it has poor range.

Something like that.
Thanks!

66B BE
Pros:
-High damage combos (both with and without walls)
-Can be comboed into
-Ring out potential
-Massive guard gauge damage (breaks in 5)
-Massive frame advantage on block (+10)
-Great tracking
-Hits grounded/rollers, can be used to tech trap
-Can whiff punish some stuff really hard.
Cons:
-So easy to just guard (-17) / step / GI the 2nd hit (lots of moves will evade it automatically), that you'll always get punished if a good player blocks the first hit. So you don't really ever get to use its on block properties.
-Its also i23, making it slow enough to be reacted to and blocked, and slow enough that you're risking getting poked out of it.
-Not hit confirmable, you have to commit to it before 66B hits.

236AA BE
Pros:
-Somewhat hit confirmable after 236A
-Ring out potential (bit more distance than 236AA)
-Frame advantage on block
-236A itself has nice evasive properties to it that its a good move on its own, NC with 236A.
Cons:
-So easy to just guard the 3rd hit to make it -30ish, that it is suicide against a good player on block. 2nd hit is also tech jump punishable, eliminating the need to even react to it.
-Doesn't really add all that much damage to 236AA (54 vs 48, so 6 more damage), debatable whether its worth the meter.
-You get a knockdown with it, but, you also do with regular 236AA, throws your opponent fairly far from you so you can't really take much advantage of it.

4AAA BE
Pros:
-Its good damage (4{A}AA is like 60ish, 4{A}AA BE is like 90ish)
-Definitely hit confirmable
Cons:
-Unsafe on block (the wiki is wrong, and its easy to just guard anyways for extra punishability)
-Obvious unsafe attack string
-Requires actually hitting with 4AA or the really slow high 4{A} to combo into (and since 4AA isn't even a NCC [wiki is wrong there], that is unlikely).

In short, all of them are highly vulnerable to just guard and extremely dangerous for your health if your opponent blocks the first hit. And 4AA is just plain bad for your health period. 66B BE is the only one really worth using in my opinion, and even that is a big roll of the high risk/high reward dice against an informed opponent.

Pretty much all covered by andur. the only time i ever use 66B BE is if i guard crush with 236K because that's the only move in Pyrrha's move list that can even really hit, let alone take advantage of the guard crush for some good damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back