Pyrrha Ω Brave Edge

geejay008

[09] Warrior
...besides the 6B bA+B+K, virtually all the other brave edge moves are a variant of 2BB:4/B+KB:4.

the latter BEs seems kinda moot, considering the normal versions are a lot accessible, with no meter needed.

Then I had a quick look on the damage during training mode, and I was quite shocked on the difference.

I'll probably update this post with actual data from training mode, but suffice it to say that with 2B.bA+B+K:4 after an NS A after a connected 4[A] I was able to net 120+ 112+ DMG!!

I also saw somewhere in this SA that the BE gives the move a bit of safety, either on on pushback or frames, not sure yet... will be testing and amending this post... >_<

With all the above considered, it might actually be worth spending the meter if only for the sheer damage, and the potential safety of the the BE variants...

What u guys/gals think??

Would Suirad be able to take a closer look at them perhaps... and add/amend data into Oprha's Wiki? ^_~

EDIT:
After a few minutes in training mode... I have not been able to replicate the NS A to 2B.bA+B+K:4 thing I've been raving about... it must have been really late into the night and I might have dream't it or something... =_=

Nonetheless, it seems I can only consistently hit the 2B.bA+B+K after a connected 4[A]... no other setups seems to be able to accommodate this damaging combo ender...

Oh, and it seems I can only net 112 DMG off of this combo after hitting the JF flamey thing... =_=

oh nice ... I haven't messed around with any of her BE stuff .. can you provide notations for the combo? ... assuming there is no wall, right?

...I'm currently at work at the moment, and I can't test out stuff properly unless my wife is on nightshift... which will hopefully be tonight... >_<

Notations... well... its basically whenever you hit the NS A (236A) ...then instead of DNS B:4... you follow up with 2B.bA+B+K:4

...I'm also pretty sure you should be able to use the BE variants wherever you can use 2B.B:4 or if B+KB.B:4 is applicable.

Like I said, I'm not able to properly test these yet... so I'm just throwing this out on the SA for peeps to have a closer look at, due to the potential UBER damage her BE variants can cause...

I'll amend my OP when I can get some time on training mode either tonight or tomorrow... ^_^

oh I see ... I can test it out when I get home later today then... 2b's range is not very good though, I'm assuming u can only get it up close. 120+ sounds a little high ... but we'll see ;P ... this might give me a reason to use pomega again haha

oh I see ... I can test it out when I get home later today then... 2b's range is not very good though, I'm assuming u can only get it up close. 120+ sounds a little high ... but we'll see ;P ... this might give me a reason to use pomega again haha

Please let me know of your findings... ^_^

Like I said, I was getting well over 120+ DMG when I'm tagging the Brave Edge moves as the combo enders instead of the meter-less normal versions... damage is ridiculously high!

Needs someone like Suirad or yourself to have a look at it closely... ^_~

I swear 2B wont reach after a 236A, unless the timing is really tight.

After some test, I'm inclined to agree, unless... as you've stated.. it might be a strict timing and I'm not good enough to pull it off... =/

I've amended the OP accordingly

sigh ... the days of the safe legendary tas b, tas b:4's.

sophi, u could've trained your daughter a little harder before going out X(

2B BE is -14 on block instead of -20 and does push out much further on block. 4[A] 2B BE :4 is 103, but 4[A] TAS B:4 is 104 for no gauge. I have not been able to produce NS A > 2B as a combo, even on characters with fat hitboxes, whether their back was to the wall or not with NS A hitting close or far.

I think that for anyone willing to put in the time to learn to CH confirm the string it is good, afterall 2B BE 4 does 86 on CH without clean hit or JF(96 with one 106 with both) and 2B at -10 is a relatively safe move and the same speed as her other CH option, 6K. The problem with using it in combos is that 2B is a low damage hit that adds more scaling and it wont tend to combo where DNS B doesn't because DNS B is faster.

well ... I tested and could not even get 236a, 2b to hit, even at the wall. I tested on xiba ... and ... too inconsistent for me if it's character specific.

Perhaps this is old news, but her 6B- A+B+K is a somewhat worthwhile followup to both 3B, 44B, and WR B+K. Basically you're doing 3B > 6B A+B+K > 3B (or starting with 44B/WR B+K). The 44B start is 71 dmg, while the 3B and WR B+K is 73 dmg for half a meter. Considering that you'll just have that meter sitting around most of the time, that's a fair deal. Also, if you finish with 2K instead of 3B, you lose about 6-8 dmg, but if your opponent likes to quick rise it puts you in a good position to do 66A+G without really telegraphing it.

When I checked it before you could always air control it. I forget the direction, but I think it's to Ω's left (CCW)

I'm pretty sure I was able to land 2B BE after GIing some A's with A+B. Not the launching animation of course, but the one causing a crumple stun. I think there has to be some proximity to the wall.

Back