Pyrrha O. top 10 moves

BB to see what your opponent will do next.
AA to stop them from stepping
236B to punish/escape
3K to bait
3B
66B to punish "dead" people
CE
44B

Basics(AA, BB, 2A, 2K, Throws)
236B-Block punisher
4A Series-Can catch step, good damage on CH if you do catch them.
6K-Good mid body-attack poke. Good damage on CH. Solid reach too.
236A-Ballsy step catch, tech crouch. Very good damage on NH. Can combo into CE if you have the meter.
DNS B- Still a good whiff punisher imho.
1K- Tech jump low, - on hit but let's you move around/poke afterwards.
66A-Can kill step, mildly unsafe but it depends on the character and your spacing a lot of the time. Can be pseudo safe if you use it right against certain characters.
66B- So safe you can move around/poke etc after it gets blocked. Catches backdashers, great damage to their guard gauge, tracks one side, combo on hit. Very punishable on whiff and easy to step to the other side.
CE-Punish, huge damage, good range. Looks pretty great too =D. Can be combo'd into a bunch of ways. Several don't give you the nifty little animation but splat your opponent and let you DNS B them.

Updated list. 2A, BB, AA, 2K excluded because they're obvious

-DNS B
-NS A
-66B
-NS B
-8B+K
-88A
-CE
-88B
-4A stuff
-DNS K

DNS K and 8B+K are her most underrated moves right now, IMO. PO actually has a bunch of moves that most people never use that are great in specific situations. There are very few moves on her move list that are completely useless.

I'd say 4B is pretty underrated. I use it quite a bit against people who like to turtle. It's a move that really makes you wanna hit buttons afterwards, which is a bad idea. CE on hit too. 236K is also a very situational move but should get thrown out every now and then just so your opponent knows it exists.

4b is a very good move, best used on oki as a frame advantage safe mid launcher that does a ton of guard damage too...

Besides aa/bb/2k/throw

DNS B (pretty obvious)
ns b (also obvious)
66b huge hitbox, -2 on block, tracks left a little...dont whiff it though. on block u can do some shenanigans such as dns a interrupts if they try to aa you, 2k, etc.
DNS A - this move is soooooo so good. its -16 and a high but the blockstun is short so it's difficult to punish unless you get very predictable with it. HUGE range and very strong tech crouch, and tracks extremely well. from a distance, mixing up this and 66b as your main approaches is very strong. always use this move if you know they will step.

always use this move over ns a, it has bigger range and does 10 more damage.

CE - her ce is good, 13 frame punisher with pretty long range that does very good damage, in combos it can be...inconsistent at worst, very damaging at best.

4B - as i said before, this move does massive guard damage, is +2, and is a safe mid launcher. only weaknesses are speed/tracking. using it on oki mostly solves the speed issue, but if they roll around they can potentially avoid it and punish you. discourage them from doing this with 22b and 44b+k.

1k - even though this move does not give frame advantage on hit, its still a powerful tech jump low that does good damage and gives combo on ch. good vs annoying 2a spam. the thing i hate about this move is that on hit you can get interrupted by anything faster than 14 frames, meaning many chars can just aa you (especially natsu...grr) if you try to aa, for this reason its not as good to use to try to "frame trap" people.

11a - this move is very good by itself, the follow up has some limited uses, but is mostly a gimmick, but just plain 11a is a very good range low move thats +2 on hit and -10 on block.

22b - this move i usually use by accident but is a very fast, powerful & safe move to use after a quick step, does hefty guard damage as well, only problem is its high, free DNS B on hit if it's close, 22b from a little further out.

44b+k - an essential oki move, because it tracks a different direction than 22b on the ground, -12 (i think?) and does really good damage for a ground hit.

Really though just the basics, 66b, dns a/b (ns b for punishing), 4b, 44b+k will get you pretty far. her other moves have specific uses, but you really just need to work the throw/mid game on oki and land your just frame stabs. her lows are shitty except 2k which is pretty good.

that move has a specific use, but its slow and very unsafe on block...i don't think its worthy of a top 10 mention.

that move has a specific use, but its slow and very unsafe on block...i don't think its worthy of a top 10 mention.
"Slow" isn't a concern when you're evading with tech crouch and tech step.

If you expect it to get blocked, you are not applying it right. But the risk of being punished is well worth it, especially if it completely turns the match around.

Because of its distance, your opponent needs to play wise to ring position a lot further than in than they normally would and if they don't 33Bing them is even easier.

I think you're better off arguing that it's too situational to be top 10 since it's not as good on walled in stages.

Wow, looking at the frames on 33B...why don't I use this move more? Only -14 with a TC apparently for its entire animation? I need to remember that I have that move.

I think it's too situational for it to be on a top 10 list, though. Stuff like her 66B+K, 2B stuff, and A+B are very good as well, but they're not moves you can outright abuse like her DNS B or 88A.

Oh my mistake, I didn't realize it was only -14, I thought it was -17 for some reason. The speed really puts me off of this move though, like I said it has a use to ring out to your back but that's really not the most common of situations.

I prefer 44b/dns a as a tech crouch to use in regular play.

33B doesn't TC for it's entire animation. It takes a while to start because of the sidestep comes first and it ends before it hits. It does last fairly long though. Also, while I thought less of 4B in the past, with backstep taking a hit in the patch making movement all around more dangerous, it might be better in the scheme of things now.

66a is still pretty useful too btw, not as good as regular pyrrha's because it seems like the range/tech crouch is less, and it doesn't turn them on hit, but its still +6 on hit and an advancing tech crouch mid. only problem is -12 on block.

another powerful move is 66a+b...only tracks to the right, but very annoying safe knockdown tech crouch mid move.

Not sure about top 10 material, but I'm liking 4AB for catching the sidesteps. Once they're too terrified to sidestep, you can go a little more crazy with moves like 4B and other verticals.

Let me try my hand at one of these.

BB
236B
236236B
Throws
22B

Oh shit this is harder than I thought.
4A? 22K? 6K? 4B? 33B? WR K? 3A+B? B+K? BT B+K?

66B is good, but it's not incredible. It has a fatter hit box on it's left side and once people figure that out it gets you in some pretty bad positions. Still, you can get some good use out of it if you use it smart and the damage isn't bad and -2 on block against Omega is something to be afraid of.

I like 1K, but I don't think it's top ten. 1K into 1K doesn't jump 2A like previous iterations of it have. I am really satisfied with the chunk of life I take from someone when it hits though. It's only 8 more damage than 2K, but I can really feel the difference. In SCIV you could Sophie 4B a Cassandra, and, on block, if they were unaware to this retarded gimmick you were likely enough to expect 236B/WR B/WR A, all which Sophie can 9G over into back turned for a BT B+K whiff punish into a mix-up out of no where. I would be so happy if there was a match up in this game where someone's FC options after 1K on hit made them likely to unintentionally throw out a move that can be 9Ged over. Not because it's good, but because it makes me lol.

The window on A+B is so bad that I've entirely thrown it out of my game for the time being. Why should I A+B when I can JG mids, highs, and thrusts and block sooner when I guess wrong? Hopefully when I have the time to explore match-ups I'll find some canned strings that let me mash out A+B for free damage.

I am really surprised with how much I love 4A. 4AB is great to punish step. 4AA is great gauge damage when someone refuses to duck (although I believe this is reactable). And 4A by itself on block seems to make players uneasy. It has a small TC window too. It's only problem is that it hits high.

I like 1K, but I don't think it's top ten. 1K into 1K doesn't jump 2A like previous iterations of it have. I am really satisfied with the chunk of life I take from someone when it hits though. It's only 8 more damage than 2K, but I can really feel the difference.
1K into 9K does jump 2As though. The fact that it does enough damage to pass the guts threshold is also incredible.

Back