Question about aerial juggles in this game?

Dushbadge

[10] Knight
Can the player change his/her direction they float towards while being in the air? I've noticed that for some of the sc4 matches I've played recently I feel like I do it sometimes preventing ringouts against myself. It also makes me think aerial infinities aren't possible. Is this true or is it automatic?

Can the player change his/her direction they float towards while being in the air? I've noticed that for some of the sc4 matches I've played recently I feel like I do it sometimes preventing ringouts against myself. It also makes me think aerial infinities aren't possible. Is this true or is it automatic?
Yeah, it's called Air Control. After you get hit once while in the air you gain some control over the direction you're floating/falling. It'll gives you a chance to get out of further hits, avoid ring outs, etc.

Yeah, it's called Air Control. After you get hit once while in the air you gain some control over the direction you're floating/falling. It'll gives you a chance to get out of further hits, avoid ring outs, etc.

Hah damn. Didn't know. Thanks for establishing buddy.

Certain attacks do not give any air control at all though - such as Algol's bubbles on air hit. =)

Also, if you don't air control, fun fact - Ivy can infinite you with CL 66K.

Certain attacks do not give any air control at all though - such as Algol's bubbles on air hit. =)

Also, if you don't air control, fun fact - Ivy can infinite you with CL 66K.

I thought they fixed that in one of the first patches

No, I do it for fun online =P.
You're thinking of SW WSB and that was an inescapable infinite.
Why would they patch something that is solved by air control already? =)

I think you can do the same with one of Sophitia's kicks. Launch them, then spam that one kick over and over -_-

No, I'm pretty sure you can do it. Proving that the opponent won't do the aerial control, you can do Soph's 66B ~6K ~6K ~ 6K... over and over again, but to do this endlessly you have to be right at your timing and also choose a stage that has no openings for Ro's (I think the circular one is better). It happens on SCBD too.

No, I'm pretty sure you can do it. Proving that the opponent won't do the aerial control, you can do Soph's 66B ~6K ~6K ~ 6K... over and over again, but to do this endlessly you have to be right at your timing and also choose a stage that has no openings for Ro's (I think the circular one is better). It happens on SCBD too.
No, it is possible to aerial control out of this. You might be able to get 2 or 3 kicks out of it before your opponent (hopefully) catches on.

This thread really makes me think that Air Control really ought to be highlighted more as a game feature, I remember when SC became my primary tournament game coming over from Tekken; Air Control was very pronounced and obvious. Perhaps then less people would feel some combos were "unfair" that aren't combos that they were hit with. Raph has one of these where he hits you in the air with 236A I think it is (or 66A) and then does 236B or something and it's very easily ACable but hardly anyone does even at mid-level play.

I remember in SC1, the general rule that applied was after a launcher, you couldn't AC until you got hit once, but you had a ton of control regardless after that 1 hit, making 2 hit juggles the norm. In SC2, that changed to each time you got hit in the air, your AC got stronger, so most combos consisted of launch into a slamdown move, which you couldn't tech into a free grounded hit instead. In SC3 AC was returned to somewhat SC1 levels and lost the scaling effect, but moves which gave a "ground slide" became the dominant form of post-launch combo filler, because even 2 hit moves intended for juggles (Like Cassandra 236B:B) could be AC'd out of. Finally in SC4, AC was just very weak period, and they added in moves which straight up nullified AC, and they had the ground slide. This is how you get things like Doom Combo... anyways pardon my rambling history lesson.

As you can see, AC has been getting weaker in each iteration, but SC's combo mechanics still seem very much focused on stun combos instead of juggles, so I guess it never really dawned on me that the presentation of it as a feature had been lacking.

tl;dr- I wish the designers would draw more attention to AC as a feature because many new players are ignorant it is there. Also, it's a great feature.

No, it is possible to aerial control out of this. You might be able to get 2 or 3 kicks out of it before your opponent (hopefully) catches on.
There is some confusion here. 11th_Dimension is trying (and failing) to say “provided [ed.—not ‘proving’] the opponent doesn’t air control, you can infinite with Sophi’s kicks.”

Whether or not this is true is not for me to say, but he is aware that Sophi’s kick is ACable.

Perhaps Dreamkiller could cover this in the SCV Show "Quick Steps". Also, why complain? Juggling is fun on people who don't know about AC :3

Beating people with sub-optimal tactics isn't helping me get better, or helping them want to keep playing the game.

Of course it is... Read carefully, please... Because what you think, is not what I meant...

I love Sohpie's Air Juggle. It's so fun to do...in moderation of course.
In order to do it though, you have to be patient and be on top of it otherwise it won't work.
With people who know how to get out of it, I usually get at least three kicks in.
Now those that don't know about Air Control, maybe ten to fifteenth hits (some have raged quit after that).
So I get my kicks outta that. XD

Ivy actually has several infinite loops if they don't air control. CL/WP 66K, SW AA, and then there's several kick patterns you can alternate between to make it fancy lookin.

Back