Questions about EVO2009 from Koreans

Moonflower

[08] Mercenary
Hi, I’m one of the SC players from Korea, and I’m here to ask some questions about the big tourney coming up this summer, EVO2009.

The other day, one of my friend heard form Singaporean friends that there is some guys in US who’s interested in inviting Kura(one of the best korean player) to EVO2009, and Singaporeans also told us that the inviter would be able to help Kura paying an half of the air-ticket. This conversation took place about a month after Asian tourney in Hongkong. So I guess it was around February.
We Koreans want to participate in EVO a lot, and we really appreciate this kind of favor. But, unfortunately Kura couldn’t afford to pay even another half of the ticket(+lodging fee), so he had kinda given up already, and it seemed that we wouldn’t have to return to this topic anymore..

BUT… the situation is changed a little few days ago. People have decided to gather some money(EVO fund lol) to send him to EVO, and we are looking for an extra sponsor in Korea at this point…

Now, the QUESTION that I wanted to ask…
but before that, I’ll make it short and clear, since it’s getting a bit longer than I expected.

1. We heard that you were willing to help Kura to get him to EVO. We really appreciate that.
2. But, as we all know, July is one of the most expensive month to fly, and to US is one of the most expensive route from Korea to fly.
3. So, we are looking for an extra sponser for rest of the budget.
4. in order to persuade that sponsor, we need to show them,
1) what the EVO is : what kinda Tourney it is, the scale of it, etc.
2) connection to the host(or someone who can give more information in case they need)
3) exact amount of money that we need.
5. So, I’d like to know how to contact to the staff of EVO and want to know if the ‘support’ that you’ve said is still available.(if so, please let me know what exactly you would be able do in detail)

We all know that there isn’t much time left. We have to make a passport, negotiate with the sponsors, a lot of things to do... but we’ll try our best to make it on time. Thanks to the fact that we don’t have to wait for visa lol.

if any question, talk to us in MSN.
Kuloro_R@hotmail.com : Moonflower - the one who posted this thread)
thekura@hotmail.com : Kura - the one who will be participating
sakiel0@hanmail.net : A/S - the one who's negotiating with sponsors)

Hi Moonflower,

The person who mentioned sponsoring Kura was eddypistons.
Although if I remembered correctly he is more interested in sponsoring Kura to go to T.i.T.8 instead of Evo.
From what I remembered, its because the french, singapore, DR are going to Evo that the idea of bringing Kura to Evo instead popped up. :)

You might want to PM him ASAP.

hey there, yeah man, it was me, but I have had to drop myself out of a sponser for you guys to come over to the big tournament because of recent developments so I apologize for not being able to help out....

Back
Top Bottom