Regarding Sets Players at FSAK

LP

Premium Member
Just wanted to note that it great meeting some of you guys! Already knew Malcolm's punk ass! But it's great seeing the rest of you and seeing all of our differing playstyles! Other than that, there really isn't a lax discussion topic, so I just made that!

Random notes:

Shenrei - I thought I was nervous! You were sweating crazy, dewd!

JustKill - Crazy techtraps! Wish I would've gotten to talk to you more! Honestly thought you were going to be an asshole before we got to talk after our match, though! But you're a really cool guy and those techtraps look insane! =P

SRL - Sorry about that, really felt like you got robbed. =(

Other than that, there were WAY MORE people there playing Sets than I anticipated! Now we have to keep it up and finish stronger next time (or...just finish at all for some of us. =P)

Myself...I know I need to work on a couple of matchups... Namely Yoshi... I beat all of them but Hajime, but if only they knew. >_>

Other than that, I think this tournament, especially considering the magnitude of it, helped my nerves out quite a bit! I was still nervous by the second day, but, on the first, as soon as I told myself I was going to have to play, my heart started beating fast and my hands were shaking (and drinking an energy drink doesn't help any of that) x_x. Was going to look for alcohol but it was nowhere to be found! =P

As I said, don't worry about it. I'd been playing pretty badly for most of the day anyhow. Haha, the match likely wouldn't have been much different. Lemme quote TheHumanHurricane: "I was like, What the fuck? This isn't the setsuka I played at DEV." And he's right. I was way off outside my crazy moments where I could just read everything.

But yeah, it was fun meeting you all and playing you. Nice seeing some other setsukas once in a while. =)

next time at a tournament when you need alcohol...head out the back or to wherever the smokers hang out ;)

SRL: Yeah, I just saw your match vs. Bibulus and you were missing JFs crazy! I remember when we played and you punished my 1A:A with bA and I was like, "Ohhhh shiz...." Still, I think the win was up in the air; Sets vs. Sets has to be like the DUMBEST mirror match in the game. It's a fight for umbrella dominance!

Yeah, I could have really used the alcohol, though! Needed something just to take my mind off of the matches. I was asking around for it but people kept telling me to go to stores and shiz. =(

Also! Shenrei! I watched your match vs. Ramon where you stole my combo! Seriously! No one EVER does CH 4A -->33B -->214 3B:B --> A+K B --> Umbrella! You all always do Silver Moon after CH for some reason. >_>

Myself...I know I need to work on a couple of matchups... Namely Yoshi... I beat all of them but Hajime, but if only they knew. >_>

Other than that, I think this tournament, especially considering the magnitude of it, helped my nerves out quite a bit! I was still nervous by the second day, but, on the first, as soon as I told myself I was going to have to play, my heart started beating fast and my hands were shaking (and drinking an energy drink doesn't help any of that) x_x. Was going to look for alcohol but it was nowhere to be found! =P

Well now we know ;) and dont feel bad, Hajis a great yoshi! I dont think I got to see any of your matches on the stream unfortunately :( Either way I heard you were strong ! Congrats... Maybe some vids will be up soon.

Big thanks for the props LP, what you saw will (hopefully)soon enough put an end to world hunger and utter chaos!!...SETS FOR PREZ!!!!!.

Also, props out to all the other Sets player at FSAK, namely the ones that stuck with me(mostly the ones mentioned by LP), good shit to all of you! i haven't finish my shout/props post in the result thread yet, so i gotta save a few words for that too for everyone ova there...still workin' on it :)

SRL: Yeah, I just saw your match vs. Bibulus and you were missing JFs crazy! I remember when we played and you punished my 1A:A with bA and I was like, "Ohhhh shiz...." Still, I think the win was up in the air; Sets vs. Sets has to be like the DUMBEST mirror match in the game. It's a fight for umbrella dominance!

Yeah, I could have really used the alcohol, though! Needed something just to take my mind off of the matches. I was asking around for it but people kept telling me to go to stores and shiz. =(

Also! Shenrei! I watched your match vs. Ramon where you stole my combo! Seriously! No one EVER does CH 4A -->33B -->214 3B:B --> A+K B --> Umbrella! You all always do Silver Moon after CH for some reason. >_>

Haha, as I said, shining moments of knowing exactly what the hell to do and when, and just guessing and reading really well. Outside those, I was playing like crap with execution, and there were plenty of times where I'd step right and get nothing, or terrible things would happen. I do agree though, sets mirrors can be terrible.

Also, Shenrei had told me that was his normal response for 4A. I've just dedicated SFC to muscle memory there, because I hit wall and ringout with CH 4A way too often, even when not expecting to :P

ShenRei has been doing that for more than 1.5 years. Pretty sure there are videos of me versus him from January, 2009 of him doing that. =)

Fuck that noise. That's, like, my signature thing that I do!

I was actually surprised to see so many Setsuka players there. Was cool meeting all of you. Dest, I could've just given you Legaia D: Didn't know you liked that game lol.

I agree, Sets mirrors are weird as hell, though after sitting down and playing lots of matches with Justkill, some of the weirdness started to wear off.

Contrary to what people think, I wasn't sweating due to me being nervous in the tournament. After my first two matches, I was pretty much calm for the rest of the tourney. I just have this skin condition where it becomes difficult for me to tolerate higher than average temperature for extended periods of time. It causes sweating, and after awhile, skin aggravation. So, for me, staying in that room was pretty difficult.

Back