Results of spending to much time in CaS & not enough time in training mode

Very interesting Xianghua. Leaves a lot to be desired for detail, but everything's done cleanly, so it's a great starting point. Seems we had similar ideas for her hair, but which face are you using? Any facepaint/makeup effects?

Very creative use of the horns nice gradients n pocket sticker use , solid coloring - what i miss i some added ExEq to make her unique and sublime the slightly dull original design from past game. Very good start though

Put if I want to use extra equipment then I will have to sacrifice the two flower brooches on her shoes D: I can't do that! Can I...? Would it be Xianghua without those styled shoes...?

Very interesting Xianghua. Leaves a lot to be desired for detail, but everything's done cleanly, so it's a great starting point. Seems we had similar ideas for her hair, but which face are you using? Any facepaint/makeup effects?

I am using the last face at the bottom if you know what I mean by that.. Actually I saw your Xianghua and that's where I got the idea to use the beetle horns O.O I am using a basic face paint pattern that just gives her a bit of eyeliner, Xianghua doesn't have that much make up so I though it'd fit... You guys are all saying it's good but lacking in more detail... This is true but I have no idea how to make it better XP

Personally think the detailing is fine - It's meant to look understated and does. Maybe you could add a floral pattern to the back of the skirt? I dunno, that bit is a big block of colour though so if there's anything ruining the subtlety, it's that.

You guys are all saying it's good but lacking in more detail... This is true but I have no idea how to make it better XP
Well, more stickers, for starters!

From what I can make out of the pictures, you're already using three stickers: one pocket sticker over the torso, another on the back, and a large square sticker under those two wrapping around the hips. I like the way these stickers are arranged; the pocket stickers help define her figure and the large square sticker is placed high enough from the bottom to expose a strip of the underlying pattern, creating a border. Very clever.

The problem now is that this leaves large expanses of flat texture around the torso and lower body flaps. If my calculations are correct, you should have one sticker slot left on the robe. It'd be easier if you had at least one more extra sticker slot, since that would allow you to take care of the the upper and lower body separately. However, that's not the case, so, , you'll either have to choose between the two or find a way to address both areas with one sticker, assuming you don't change anything else in the current design. The good news is that you can choose any sticker you want. A large sticker (one of the ones at the bottom of the list) over the entire body could be a potential solution, but it's ultimately your choice.

Also, regarding the color scheme, it's very reminiscent of Xianghua's SC4 2P and SC3 1P. If something like those were what you were gunning for, I'd recommend brightening up the shade of red you're using just a bit, maybe even make it a little more orange or pink.

Personally think the detailing is fine - It's meant to look understated and does. Maybe you could add a floral pattern to the back of the skirt? I dunno, that bit is a big block of colour though so if there's anything ruining the subtlety, it's that.

Thanks for the advice, this is something I can work with. I made it like that because i wanted the oriental pattern to act as a border on the top and bottom of the chinese dress but this can be tweaked easily. :)

Well, more stickers, for starters!

From what I can make out of the pictures, you're already using three stickers: one pocket sticker over the torso, another on the back, and a large square sticker under those two wrapping around the hips. I like the way these stickers are arranged; the pocket stickers help define her figure and the large square sticker is placed high enough from the bottom to expose a strip of the underlying pattern, creating a border. Very clever.

The problem now is that this leaves large expanses of flat texture around the torso and lower body flaps. If my calculations are correct, you should have one sticker slot left on the robe. It'd be easier if you had at least one more extra sticker slot, since that would allow you to take care of the the upper and lower body separately. However, that's not the case, so, , you'll either have to choose between the two or find a way to address both areas with one sticker, assuming you don't change anything else in the current design. The good news is that you can choose any sticker you want. A large sticker (one of the ones at the bottom of the list) over the entire body could be a potential solution, but it's ultimately your choice.

haha... I used two square stickers on her arm wear... but thanks for the advice it helps :)

Here is some Taki recreations, the first one I tried to give her a green kimono because in one of the older games her bonus costume is a green kimono, so it's really just for fun if I get bored of her other two outfits I made... Enjoy :D

Rachel\'s pictures 041.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 045.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 046.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 047.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 048.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 049.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 050.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 051.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 053.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 054.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 055.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 056.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 057.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 058.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 059.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 060.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 061.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 062.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 063.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 065.jpg
Rachel\'s pictures 066.jpg

Did anyone know you could get that shade of red on an undergarment in the recreation of Taki's kunoichi robes that I made? I've been messing around with the sheen of the equipment a bit more & this surprised the shit out of me....

:D I mean do go on and explain, please and thank you ;P

Oh... Haha well I put a pattern on the body suit then I colored the whole pattern a dark crimson (the closest thing to red that you get get on that article of clothing :P) I then Just used the color all function and tinted everything red. I tried it with other undergarments though... & this is the only one it works with :/ But for some reason it has a golden hue to it, for why I do not know. Closest thing to red underwear I've seen though XD (It's pretty simple & I was just wondering if anyone else knew of this.)

Oh... Haha well I put a pattern on the body suit then I colored the whole pattern a dark crimson (the closest thing to red that you get get on that article of clothing :P) I then Just used the color all function and tinted everything red. I tried it with other undergarments though... & this is the only one it works with :/ But for some reason it has a golden hue to it, for why I do not know. Closest thing to red underwear I've seen though XD (It's pretty simple & I was just wondering if anyone else knew of this.)

Nice job :D

I put a pattern on the body suit then I colored the whole pattern a dark crimson (the closest thing to red that you get get on that article of clothing :P) I then Just used the color all function and tinted everything red. I tried it with other undergarments though... & this is the only one it works with :/ But for some reason it has a golden hue to it, for why I do not know.
Sounds like it could be a really important technique for Taki recreations. People have been trying to get red colors on undergarments for the longest time, so this is a good find. It's really just an extension of an already existing trick and it's very situational (only works with one undergarment), but it could be worth documenting in the tips & tricks thread.

Back