Returning to the stage of history

OCV

[08] Mercenary
Hey all, been quite a while since I've taken an interest in SC, but V looks amazing, so I'm gonna pick it back up as my main game. I loved SC 1 and 2 back in the day (lost countless hours of my life to 2 in particular), anxiously anticipated 3, and was turned off by how bad it was. I played 4 for a little bit, but my brother traded the game for SF4 when it came out, and I didn't really mind. When I heard about 5, and how it was gonna have EX and supers and stuff I kinda did a "WTF?" to be honest. Then I saw it in action, and it looks REALLY FUN! Can't wait to see what the community does with it when it drops, and now in this new era of fighters, Namco can continue to support it after its out, and squash any game breaking bugs (if there are any to begin with). I'm gonna drop all other games for SC5 when it comes out, I'm excited about it, excited to become apart of the SC community, I hope to be here for the long haul.

Pocky Yoshi says hello and is pleased to meet you. I'm rather happy to hear how excited you are for this game. Hope to see you around. But a simple harmless question of no malice intent: Are you a casual or hardcore fan?

Pocky Yoshi says hello and is pleased to meet you. I'm rather happy to hear how excited you are for this game. Hope to see you around. But a simple harmless question of no malice intent: Are you a casual or hardcore fan?
I'd say somewhere in the middle, though I'm really gonna go all in on SC5. It was myself and 4 friends, and we played SC2 to death back in the day, I went to one tourney in Austin, but looking back on that time, I still didn't truly understand the competitive scene of any fighter really. SC2 was where I started to gain a little understanding, then I happened across the video of EVO moment 37, and then I finally started to watch vids of the best of the best doing what they do, and lurking forums looking for strats. That's around the time I started to play 3rd strike and dropped SC. Myself and my brother and cousin and friends all have great memories of SC2 though, I 88B'd and 3B'd them to death with Xianghua...good times! Anyways, I fully intend to be hardcore for SC5, which is why I decided to register on the forums. Actually I just borrowed SC4 from a friend last night, so I could get reacquainted with SC a lil bit

I'm gonna drop all other games for SC5 when it comes out, I'm excited about it, excited to become apart of the SC community, I hope to be here for the long haul.
Just don't act like a jackass and don't run to Daishi's twitter to QQ if yo offensive post get edited or deleted by a mod. :P

But other then that, WELCOME ABOARD!

Reactions: LP
I'm gonna drop all other games for SC5 when it comes out, I'm excited about it, excited to become apart of the SC community, I hope to be here for the long haul.

Heya man, it's nice to meet you. And you're like about my age too, so an extra nod of respect. I wish ya the best. Any fighters in particular got your eye? And where's home base for you anyhow?

I'd have to say I'm pretty optimistic about what the addition of meters is gonna mean for the flow of the gameplay, but since SCII got me into fighters back int the day, 2d fighters have become a mainstay for me. Considering I wouldn't have found them if SCII didn't give me the penchant for fighters, the marriage of the two seems sort of natural to me.

As for your hype level, the middle is good. Everything in moderation. I wish you luck though amigo if you hit up the tournament scene and no matter what good to have you in the community.

Heya man, it's nice to meet you. And you're like about my age too, so an extra nod of respect. I wish ya the best. Any fighters in particular got your eye? And where's home base for you anyhow?

I'd have to say I'm pretty optimistic about what the addition of meters is gonna mean for the flow of the gameplay, but since SCII got me into fighters back int the day, 2d fighters have become a mainstay for me. Considering I wouldn't have found them if SCII didn't give me the penchant for fighters, the marriage of the two seems sort of natural to me.

As for your hype level, the middle is good. Everything in moderation. I wish you luck though amigo if you hit up the tournament scene and no matter what good to have you in the community.

Thanks. I'm stationed in Schweinfurt, Germany now, so that's where I'll be going back to once I'm done with this Afghanistan tour. SCII also got me into 2d fighters. Actually, it's because of SCII that I happened across the EVO moment 37 video in the first place. I deployed in Iraq at the time and I purchased the EVO 2004 DVD's to pass the time a lil bit, and I wanted them so I could see SC2. There were all those other games on them also though, so I watched everything, and the rest is history for me. As for fighters that have my eye, SC5 of course, and I think I'll try AE 2012, I never got into SF4 cause it came out literally one week after I deployed to Iraq for a second time. UMVC3 is another one, but I just want to play as Phoenix Wright, cause that's my favorite game series. I played MVC3 when I went home on leave, and that is a crazy game, especially with X factor. Still fun though...

Back