SC 2 HD PATCH IS OUT

docvizzo

[14] Master
Yeah Motherfuckers,

we got a patch! Lol at Maxi. Here are the patchnotes! (source https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur):

* Improved matching filters. Players will now have the choice to search an opponent depending on his region.
Available region are: “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Asia” and “ANY”.
ANY do not means all regions. ANY means all regions except “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, and “Asia”.

* Online matching search settings are now saved until the console is rebooted.

* Rematch option can now be chosen during Online Free Match mode. The option have to be activated when player creates the game.

* Communication quality meter is now displayed along the fight next to opponent’s ID.

Fixed historical known bugs of the original SoulCalibur II PAL version released 10 years ago:

* Cervantes crash bug from Arcade Version has been fixed
Cervantes A+K (Guard Impact)
* Fixed bugs on several characters
Ivy 4A+B → B cannot be guard > Fixed
Maxi's 3B+K → B hits twice > Fixed
Voldo's "Mantis Fire Dance". Mantis Crawl => 66 is cancelled by pressing G while command is performed > Fixed
Kilik's K is hit, it can be cancelled by pressing G > Fixed

Looks good, I wasn´t expecting a patch at this rate, so is a totally good surprise for me, I´ll test it later.

Too bad we got still nothing about japanese voices

I'm amazed they patched it at all. Rematch button - thank christ. If there's an unmentioned change to skip cutscenes etc. I'll be over the moon. As is my heavily damaged faith in Namco is seeing the first green shoots of new growth.

I'm amazed they patched it at all. Rematch button - thank christ. If there's an unmentioned change to skip cutscenes etc. I'll be over the moon. As is my heavily damaged faith in Namco is seeing the first green shoots of new growth.

Lol i forgot about the cutscenes, i only played offline since online is so shit. Somebody can please test this and give feedback? Doubt its changed.

So is the game playable online now or what? How would you compare the netcode to SCV? I am one of those people that will buy a game only if it has the potential of a good online competition a.k.a some people that actually care to play it online seriously. I am particularly interested to hear the input from people in the EU region. That patch should be out all ready for all the regions, yes?

Yes, the patch is out. I love the changes that PS made.

So is the game playable online now or what? How would you compare the netcode to SCV? I am one of those people that will buy a game only if it has the potential of a good online competition a.k.a some people that actually care to play it online seriously. I am particularly interested to hear the input from people in the EU region. That patch should be out all ready for all the regions, yes?
When I first played online, the connections were great. I've experienced the same results with the patch update.

Last edited:
I am in shock, I'd totally given up on this. Can't wait to try it when I get home!

Back