SC characters you would Re-invent

BKG

[06] Combatant
This has alwys been a fun thing to think about, as I always have the fantasy of “what would happen if they decided to bring back EVERY character from Soulcalibur as some grand finale game? If that were the case, how would you reinvent some of the wayside characters so that they become truly standout characters? I guess I’ll start.

OLCADAN: Having learned every weapon style on earth, he has realized he would only be of equal power to his long time rival: Edge Master. Renouncing his age-old mastering of every weapon, Olcadan instead learns to utilize his own inmer strength as his ultimate weapon.

His fighting style would basically be hand-to-hand combat, using his metal gauntlets, knee pads, and owl talons for combat. CaS would basically be changing the gauntlets and kneepads— invisible ones being an option for those who do not want to obsruct their designs.

CHARADE: Being so distant from Soul edge in its long quest to reform with its other half, Charade begins to lose memories of the numerous fighting styles it has harbored, and now uses it’s own strange biology to form crude weapons, and its own limbs to fight it’s way to Soul Edge and become whole again.

Charade’s style is completely unique, being able to shoot lasers, shoot his own eye like a projectile, turn his segmented limbs into hooks, tendrils, claws, levitate, and so on. He would play very reminiscent to how he appears in his weapon exhibition and rival cutscene in SC2. Style not available for CaS

ABYSS: After his death at the hands of (Insert random character from SC3 that may be closest to canon), the Astral distortion of Zasalamel became nothing but energy, until he soon regained corporeal form once more by hibernating and festering in the astral chaos. Though he has lost his attachment to Zasalamel’s soul, he still seeks to destroy all in his path, knowing that absorbing the eternal sorcerer once more will make him whole again.

Irkalla still remains his grossly organic standard weapon, now able to take two forms. A Egyptian Fan Axe for long range attacks, and a Khopesh For close range sweeps and stabs. Mixed in are plenty of Abyss based pulls, pushes, and arena control that goes beyond Zasalamel’s current capabilities. CAS basically has these two weapons as if carrying two weapons.

I’d love to hear what everyone else has thought of!

Yesss, that Olcadan reinvention is pretty much what I've been asking for for a while. Serves a dual purpose of giving one of the BestCharactersInTheSeries™ a reason to stick around for more than one game, and providing creation heads with a dedicated hand-to-hand moveset. A win-win.

Aeon--SCV Aeon, that is--I'd rather see go back to having an axe and shield moveset, while the dual axes are spun off into a moveset for a new character, like Bangoo. As someone who fell in love with Aeon in SCIII, his SCV incarnation was just missing too much of his old moveset for me to enjoy it, and I felt like I was missing my main. I think there's plenty of room for him to further his distinctive fighting style without totally overhauling his weapon.

At the same time, I know a lot of people liked the dual axes, and I'm always in favor of keeping movesets. I think giving them to a prospective Bangoo works both as a nod to his adopted father's original weapon, and as a nod to his Native American heritage, as they could be designed to look like tomahawks.

Reactions: BKG
Aeon--SCV Aeon, that is--I'd rather see go back to having an axe and shield moveset, while the dual axes are spun off into a moveset for a new character, like Bangoo. As someone who fell in love with Aeon in SCIII, his SCV incarnation was just missing too much of his old moveset for me to enjoy it, and I felt like I was missing my main. I think there's plenty of room for him to further his distinctive fighting style without totally overhauling his weapon.
Exactly! Nothing feels more satisfying then the sheer OOMPH of landing the "Sandland Predator" and going into crawl stance. It all felt so lizard-like and super fitting. I'd love to see some of his SCV moves integrated into sword and axe though.

I would redefine and vastly improve Li Long's dual nunchuck wielding capabilities as seen in SC3. It would be awesome to see 2 entirely different approaches to nunchucks.

I would redefine and vastly improve Li Long's dual nunchuck wielding capabilities as seen in SC3. It would be awesome to see 2 entirely different approaches to nunchucks.

Yeah, that's one I'd like to see them revisit for sure. I might be misremembering, but he was less stance based in SCIII than Maxi, right?

Back