SC4: "Fighting GotY" at Spike VGA

SSF2THDR probably was the best fighting game this year, but that pretty much won fighting game of the decade and it doesn't have good graphics so whatever.

SSF2THDR probably was the best fighting game this year, but that pretty much won fighting game of the decade and it doesn't have good graphics so whatever.

Yeah, but it's a remake. I wouldn't really consider it in the running.

I actually would have expected Brawl to take Fighting GotY just because of all the Nintendo fanboyism and hype. I'm glad it didn't though, because that game wasn't nearly as good as I hoped it would be.

I actually would have expected Brawl to take Fighting GotY just because of all the Nintendo fanboyism and hype. I'm glad it didn't though, because that game wasn't nearly as good as I hoped it would be.

That's why STHD probably didn't win, and wasn't nominated; it's a remake. A damn good one, actually with GREAT graphics, but still a remake.

Also, it depends what "best" means. Most fun to mess around with your friends for a few hours and never play the game again? Brawl. Most fun to repeatedly go back to again and again (for years in our case) as everyone gets better, with balanced gameplay that rewards knowledge and forethought instead of rote repetition of stupid button combos? SC4.

I usually hate the VGA's as well. SSBB is a great game, but it kind of lost a lot of credit as a "fighting game" genre, especially compared to SSBM (which is still being played in tournies all over). As for GTA4 being GotY, I lol'd. Do they actually vote on these? Like...gamers vote? It was a cool game, sure, but better than all of the other incredible games to come out this year? Bah, bah to it all.

You know what it really is, right? VGA feels like they need to defend all the "perfect scores" GTA4 got all around the board from all the media outlets. A whole lot of perfect scores? Man, it must be GOTY!

VGA doesn't have the guts to go against the "popular opinion". The problem is that GTA4 wasn't nearly as revolutionary as GTA3. Back then, GTA3 was one of the first successful "open world" games. Now there's a ton of those; GTA4 just starts being average. Not to hate on the game; it's very well done, everything about it works, but something else should definitely gotten the award.

Tripping makes it not a fighting game any more. FUCK TRIPPING. The game sucked anyway melee is infinatley better.

VGA doesn't have the guts to go against the "popular opinion". The problem is that GTA4 wasn't nearly as revolutionary as GTA3. Back then, GTA3 was one of the first successful "open world" games. Now there's a ton of those; GTA4 just starts being average. Not to hate on the game; it's very well done, everything about it works, but something else should definitely gotten the award.
Agree...

Also I think GTA4 is the Best Multi Platform Game they could pick and they surely don't want to piss off fan boys by picking GoW2 or MGS or LBP (Personally LBP deserves it more, its just a fresh and total unexpected. Its just not another squeal and new thinking. Thou i am not a big fan of it or played it much other then my friend bring it over but know its worthy)..... GTA4 was great, but it didn't have the Charm or Long Term play like GTA3's, Really I know allot of gamers from my game shop and no many do you find someone that beat it all the way thru with the Story more. Its sold well but there were allot more then usually traded quicker then past versions... Also just didn't have allot of side things to do like past GTA's... But its they opinion and everyone is intitled to there own.

ZyX23

A Message from Brucie
BRUCIE_s.jpg

This game is TIGHT!!!! Tight like............. abs!!!! I was gonna say tight like MY abs but nothing's tighter than that baby!!!!

Back