SC5 online matches

DerekJeder1337

[08] Mercenary
I'm brand new to this Forum, and I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so I'm just gonna begin.

Earlier today while playing Ranked matches online it became strongly apparent that many players have no idea how to play. I constantly find games where players spam the same button and grapple.
So, after a message to one of these spammers telling him to learn how to play the game without spamming before going online, he sent me back a message that said "Exscuse me but some characters only have 2 or 3 attacks.", and at this the meme "I don't want to live on this earth" came to mind.

What are all your thoughts on this? Outrage is mine. If you can't play the game using more than 2 attacks, play against NPCs.

Here's my take on this situation:
If they're content with going online, spamming the same couple of moves, losing to better players, and refuse to admit their own bad play, then good on them.
If I'm content with going online, playing against these types of players, and beating them handily, then good on me.

Obviously, I'd prefer better competition, but if they don't want to improve, then I can't make them. I just move on to the next guy and save myself the frustration.

The sad part is that I usualy lose, because I can't do a single thing when they spam mid height horizontal moves. I can only win if I get their rythm AND they use vertical moves so I can dodge.

If you're losing to an opponent repeatedly doing the same tactic you may have to take a look at your own play and ask yourself what you did wrong? Did I freeze up? Was I getting step killed? Frame-Trapped? Lots of things, but in the end spam or not a "W" is a "W" (not that the win % matters). If you lost it's your fault and it's up to you to find out why.

Press either A or B really quickly~ "a" will break A+G grabs and "B" will break B+G grabs :O So its a guessing game~ XD oh and WELCOME~

Just for the record, people will usually only go as far as needed. When they discover something that works, e.g. constant AA, they will AA you to death. There is absolutely no reason to go beyond this, if it works.

If the player beats you, requires interesting logic to deduce that the player doesn't know how to play the game. I don't think the objective of the game is to lose the game.

If a move is causing issues, just use training mode (cpu record) to discover what can be done against it. Sounds to me like you just need to play more matches, improvement should happen automagically...

When I run into these sorts of players, I try to out-spam them. If you want to get under their skin, beat them at their own game.

People say you shouldn't lower yourself to their level, but I see this game as less of a high-jump and more of a limbo contest. In other words, if you lower the bar, you're a winner!

Also...The only way to get better is to:
1. Train. ALOT. Sure you can just play but it would help you alot more if you trained~Especially against characters that you just dont understand. Better yet train with every character and get a feel outta of them, also it'll give you a chance to study their move-list.

2. Play more matches. You can never go wrong with more experience. Sure you can train and train but if you dont put those skills to use there would be no point~Even if you lose a match, try to pin-point where you went wrong and what you can to improve that :)

So these to things WILL get you better results. Of course it wont happen over night so yeah~Thats all I have to say about that also...one more IMPORTANT tip.

HAVE FUN! :D

My advice for playing online is avoid Ranked mode altogether. I only played it long enough to get the achievements associated with it. Its more spammers than non, and the higher your rank goes, the more likely people in Player matches are to kick out out of fear before you've even played.

My advice for playing online is avoid Ranked mode altogether. I only played it long enough to get the achievements associated with it. Its more spammers than non, and the higher your rank goes, the more likely people in Player matches are to kick out out of fear before you've even played.

Ranked...*shudders* If I wasnt so determined to become an A1 I wouldnt get in it e______e

Ranked...*shudders* If I wasnt so determined to become an A1 I wouldnt get in it e______e
I never want to be an A1. Every random Player Match room I'm ever in, the minute an A1 shows up either he gets kicked out, or instantly gets a target on his back, and if he loses the taunts fly.

Ok, lets try this, Does anybody know a good way to avoid grappling or horizontal moves?
Yeah, to deal with grapplers you need to see it coming and duck, or guess if they're throwing with A or B to get out of it. As far as horizontals go, you can JG, backstep, or if it's a high you can duck it. Also, some characters have built in GI's that don't cost meter and retaliate automatically.

Back