SC5 Setsuka Discussion

PriZm

[09] Warrior
I think Setsuka is one of the most interesting player to play with or against in Soul4. That being said, what do you think should be changed in Soul5 ? More/less just frames, less damage, more moves ?

I think they should nerf the damage of the B+K series moves and give her more lows or make more of her moves hit downed opponents. Also, generally less damage, make her moves easier to execute and improve her 8 way run.

I know some people are going to strongly disagree with making her easier to use, but after seeing many tournament videos, I think the fact that the best players in the world (like Maxou) miss many moves means that they are simply too hard to do. They should be challenging, but they should be reliable when you get them down.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said outside of improvement to her step and, even then, that isn't needed. Sets with a great backstep would be nasty.

Still, I think how Sets (and many of the other characters) will play should change according to whatever changes in the game mechanics Namco makes. I could say something like a nice horizontal mid, but even that's not needed. With the way she plays in SC4, I'd say just more spacing tools, a couple of mids to catch her weak side, 1B:B like it is in BD.

Honestly, though, she doesn't need any huge improvements. Other than that, everything else is pretty much just personal. More JFs, some attack properties changes, a little expansion of her movelist (still, she has a pretty tight movelist that isn't redundant right now).

Also, Sets has one of the best punishing games in the game. Sounds to me like you're saying, "Make her more generic and easier to play with." Most Sets players love her because of her supposed difficulty. I'm guessing you just play her because you like the way she looks.

You don't need to be rude.

I just think her moves need to stay challenging to do but can also be done more reliably by top players.

In my opinion:

- She needs a slight expansion of her command list.
- A nice horizontal mid.
- Some commands that she had in SCIII.
- More just frames that difficult its use and the realization of combos.
- Only one special posture batoojyutsu style with different possible outcomes.
- Her SCIII body (a nice body).
- Sakura fury combo, Silver moon combo and other one that start with B+K.

Without bronken herself...dotanakal...

Hell Yea she needs to be in the game since taki wont be playable, mitsurigi needs a reason to exist other than oh cuz he can.

You do know that necroing a thread this old is against the rules if you don't have a valid reason, right?

Back