SC5: What can you GI?

Slaya

[09] Warrior
Now, I know you can JG a lot of stuff, but that is JG. I do have a few specific questions though.
Can you GI (Manual or aGI) unblockables still?
Ex: Cervy 6B+K Bullet

Can you JG grabs?

Can you GI grabs still?

That is all for now...
Thank you.

My testing has failed in all categories...

Great questions. I forgot all about this. Shame you can't GI grabs in this. At least you can JG all CEs.

You can GI any CE that is two or more hits, on any of the hits after the first one.

There are some funky exceptions. Like Yoshimitsu and Siegfried.
Interesting.

If you try to GI Siegfried's CE up close, you'll get hit. But, if Siegfried can't connect with the initial strike, you can GI the ice wave that comes out. (Seems like a good way to freak someone out, but, unless you're close enough you can't convert into damage.)

If you try to GI Yoshimitsu's CE up close, you'll get hit. If he does not hit with the initial strike point-blank you can GI him as he slides across the floor. But he's -20 on block, so... no need to waste meter...

You can GI their CE's?

Ya. Like Heaton said above, I think you're supposed to only be able to GI after the first hit and not at all on some (Tira's?). Not 100% sure.

Edit: I believe Yoshimitsu's can be GI'd on the first hit. That was clearly wrong. :)

Siegfried's CE is only one hit but can be aGI'd at a certain distance (100% sure - I do this a lot with Yoshimitsu's aGI). I've never tried to GI (4A+B+K) since at the range that the aGI works the normal GI wouldn't give any advantage.

Anyway, point being: there are some weird exceptions.

Back