SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a good third of the cast died at some point anyway so it's not like death means much in this universe.

Let's review that, shall we?
  • Algol: Sacrifices himself to create Soul Calibur. Gets kinda resurrected.
  • Cervantes: Killed by Taki, comes back as a ghost zombie.
  • Astaroth: Killed by the end of SC4, gets replaced by new Astaroth golems.
  • Raphael: Killed by (Siegfried) Nightmare and becomes a vampire. Dies again and becomes Nightmare himself.
  • Yoshimitsu: Fatally wounded by Cervantes. Ritually executed by his successor.
  • Sophitia: Presumably gone for good. Replaced by Pyrrha and Patroklos.
  • Zasalamel: Reincarnates through a spell after each death.
  • Pyrrha: Killed by Patroklos only to be saved by him with time travel.
  • Non-canon endings and events don't count.
  • This doesn't count characters from Weapons Master or Chronicles of the Sword.
I wouldn't say a third, but most characters who die either get resurrected or replaced so you may have a point.

Well, back on topic...

I would like an archer character to make the roster. The weapon used could be a sword-bow hybrid. It may not be the most unique weapon in history, but it would be unique for Soul Calibur.

Also a practitioner of magic who could spawn various weapons of various sizes and strength from out of nowhere join the fray.

As for game-play mechanics, why not add in a combo breaker? Not just a guard-impact that stops combos before they happen, but while they're happening.

And maybe some BE Unblockable Attack. Spending meter would unleash the unblockable attack instantly!

If non-ring out stage transitions were added in, I would like to see a cut-scene of the victim take damage as he/she:
  • Falls down a cliff.
  • Falls down a flight of stairs.
  • Crashes through a wall.
  • Etc.
I would also like for CaS to have more stuff.
How about more weapon trail effects like a Rainbow Trail, Sparkles, and something darker and denser like Nightmare's trail from SC4.

Let's review that, shall we?
  • Algol: Sacrifices himself to create Soul Calibur. Gets kinda resurrected.
  • Cervantes: Killed by Taki, comes back as a ghost zombie.
  • Astaroth: Killed by the end of SC4, gets replaced by new Astaroth golems.
  • Raphael: Killed by (Siegfried) Nightmare and becomes a vampire. Dies again and becomes Nightmare himself.
  • Yoshimitsu: Fatally wounded by Cervantes. Ritually executed by his successor.
  • Sophitia: Presumably gone for good. Replaced by Pyrrha and Patroklos.
  • Zasalamel: Reincarnates through a spell after each death.
  • Pyrrha: Killed by Patroklos only to be saved by him with time travel.
  • Non-canon endings and events don't count.
  • This doesn't count characters from Weapons Master or Chronicles of the Sword.
  • Chie, apparently killed by Mitsurugi, with evidence strong enough to cause Li Long to go a mission of vengeace, only to find out it was Cervantes who killed her, only to find out later that she survived anyway with no explanation.
  • Li Long, killed in his Soul Blade Ending, only to be vaguely mentioned as a guest character in SC3.
  • Arcturus, manslaughtered by Algol in a struggle when Arcturus tried to steal Soul Edge from the king, mentioned earliest in SC2 where you apparently fight his magically moving corpse? His floating skeleton? Most likely retconned.
Point is, death doesn't mean much in this series. I'm not even going to mention ZWEI's "death" on the list, because although his death is implied, I don't buy it for a second. I know enough about fiction to know if it shows a character getting stabbed, then fall off a bridge into the water, they're almost guaranteed to return.

*Edited*
►No more Super Meters, No more Critical Edges. Period.
►Center gameplay more on manual player combos & parrying. No Freebie Ultra moves.
►Give Viola a bladed weapon or take her out / take out Ein, Keep Zwei a sword user.
►No more time-travel BS, Seriously / Bring Soul Edge back into the story....
►No more moe or campy garbage, bring back the gothic tone, make it like Castlevania.
►Seperate character storylines and branch relationships like the original games. No favourites.
►Reduce the cartoony special effects, make the special effects more realistic.

Last edited:
-Bring Back Soul Charge,
-Get rid of Critical Edge,
- Keep Brave Edge (only possible in soul charge mode),
- Bring Back Impacts (dont rely on meter),
- keep Just Guard,
-character creator more like 4 (i think the clothes fit on the characters better in 4) as well as the stat points for items as in 4.
- Have a mode like Chronicles of the Sword,. Weapon Master AND Tower of Lost Souls.
-have the characters play more like they did before SC5.
-Make the Story Mode more like it was in 3. Flesh it out more so that the game feels more complete.
- BRING BACK THE ABILITY TO TAUNT BEFORE THE MATCH
-Bring back old characters (especially Zasalamel)

-Bring Back Soul Charge,
-Get rid of Critical Edge,
- Keep Brave Edge (only possible in soul charge mode),
- Bring Back Impacts (dont rely on meter),
- keep Just Guard,
-character creator more like 4 (i think the clothes fit on the characters better in 4) as well as the stat points for items as in 4.
- Have a mode like Chronicles of the Sword,. Weapon Master AND Tower of Lost Souls.
-have the characters play more like they did before SC5.
-Make the Story Mode more like it was in 3. Flesh it out more so that the game feels more complete.
- BRING BACK THE ABILITY TO TAUNT BEFORE THE MATCH
-Bring back old characters (especially Zasalamel)

All of these ideas sound atrocious except for the taunting thing.

►No more Super Meters, No more Critical Edges. Period.
►Center gameplay more on manual player combos & parrying. No Freebie Ultra moves.
►Give Viola a bladed weapon or take her out / take out Ein, Keep Zwei a sword user.
►No more time-travel BS, Seriously / Bring Soul Edge back into the story....
►No more moe or campy garbage, bring back the gothic tone, make it like Castlevania.
►Seperate character storylines and branch relationships like the original games. No favourites.
►(Tweaks) Make Xiba a demon / Viola a witch / Natsu an assassin / Leixia a spoiled princess / Pyrha a spartan slave.
I can't tell if you were trolling about Xiba being a demon

Man... how would I design it? Where to begin... First off, I would give the project much love, plain and simple =)

But in all seriousness, just get back to basics. Soul Calibur without all the oddball story arcs. Take the best of what's been done before and bring it into sharp focus. 4 Buttons and a stick...

~~~~~~~~ I wish I could time travel back to 1990's....

I would allow Viola's orb attacks and Zwei's Ein attacks able to be countered.

Remove meter CE and BE included
Return low and high GI, no JI
Keep JG
Remove quickstep from attacks
Make vertical attacks linear!
Creation mode limited to original characters. None of this "Look! I created my waifu."

Last edited:
I hope SCVI is next-gen exclusive (PS4/Xbox One) and not cross-gen with the PS3/Xbox 360. I want a next-gen experience that isn't bogged down back last gen restrictions.

Creation mode limited to original characters.
monitor-throw-maurice-moss-the-it-crowd.gif

• Chie, apparently killed by Mitsurugi, with evidence strong enough to cause Li Long to go a mission of vengeace, only to find out it was Cervantes who killed her, only to find out later that she survived anyway with no explanation.
WARNING: Inner Nerd Alert. You have been warned. Also: Massively Off Topic Alert.

iirc Chie was killed by Taki's evil master searching for her sword. Or at least wounded. Her former mentor was killed in the same attack. Li Long left in a tantrum without checking if Chie was actually alive. Presumably she was unconscious and possibly not breathing. I think she woke up somewhere in a monastery and was pregnant. Ahaha I think actually she woke up the exact moment Li Long died cut down by Cervantes.

Kilik killed Xianghua's sister but she didn't come back save for a ghost version in sc3 maybe? I also thought that Maxi got killed by Astaroth and Ivy got killed by dead Cervantes.

You don't need a next gen system to have a solid game. Theoretically, you could have SCV on the ps2 except with shittier graphics (and minus online obviously). It will still be 60FPS so what's the big deal?

I don't see what the big difference is, save graphics. You still use virtually the same controller with the same amount of buttons with the same amount of FPS.

The only thing about this is that now you have 4 different versions of the same game instead of 2. As much as I selfishly want SC6 to be available on my ps3, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back