SCV Dampierre Ideas

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
I've been using Dampierre quite a lot, probably more than anybody. On my way to work I always practice SCBD and pretty much only use him, so I'm quite fond of his character design and movelist. I'm really hoping that he will return in SCV.

Anyways to cut straight to the point, here are some basic ideas for Dampierre in SCV, hopefully Project Soul will read this. :)

17 years later Dampierre is old, and has failed at life. Having been exposed by the world to be a con artist, nobody trusts him and he has lost all of his wealth. He is very poor now, wearing raggedy poor man's clothes, and to wash his sorrows away he has also developed a drinking problem.

Yes, a drinking problem. Now while the drunken fighter style has been used in many fighting games, Lei from Tekken, Brad Wong from DoA, Bo Rai Cho from MK, Shun Di from VF, Chin Gentsai from KoF, and I'm sure the list goes on, I believe that Dampierre has the potential to be really unique when it comes to fighting drunk thanks to the random element in his fighting style.

Basically, my vision of Dampierre goes like this: He still has his hidden sleeve knives, but he also has a bottle attached to his waist. During gameplay he can drink from it, using his taunt, as well as certain moves.

As the fight begins, Dampierre won't be very drunk, and he will have no or almost no random moves. Throughout the fight, using taunt as well some fighting moves, the player can choose to have him drink more. The more he drinks the more his fighting style changes slightly. As he gets more drunk he will become funnier and have more random attacks. He will become a bit more powerful but at the same time a bit more risky because of his randomness.

In SCBD I really loved the random element that he had to him, but aside from being a trickster, there wasn't much reason behind his randomness. I believe being a drunk is the perfect reason, plus it will make him even funnier, which will suit him as the main comic relief character of Soul Calibur.

Tell me what you think, and please post your ideas as well. :)

I always found him to be hilarious yet awesome. I mean, if he made it to consoles, I'd actually main him alongside Yoshi.

I like your ideas, but what will his motives be if he returned to SCV? And why? =)

I like your ideas, but what will his motives be if he returned to SCV? And why? =)
Well, since he's failed at life, after learning about the return of Soul Edge he will go on a quest to find it, believing that it will give him power, respect, and wealth.

Who would be his rival character this time around? Assuming that Soul Calibur series always had rivalry pairings like Sieg vs. Nighty or Taki vs. Mitsu etc.

That sounds like the natural evolution of his style AND of videogame drunken fighting. I always thought a drunken fighter should have an element of randomness, so this would be quite the marriage.

I hope he returns. I didn't get to play him in his first game, but his moveset looked so interesting.

the drinking idea might actually work out. it could be a charge system, kinda like xianghua for those who have seen it or use it themselves.

I've been using Dampierre quite a lot, probably more than anybody. On my way to work I always practice SCBD and pretty much only use him, so I'm quite fond of his character design and movelist. I'm really hoping that he will return in SCV.

Anyways to cut straight to the point, here are some basic ideas for Dampierre in SCV, hopefully Project Soul will read this. :)

17 years later Dampierre is old, and has failed at life. Having been exposed by the world to be a con artist, nobody trusts him and he has lost all of his wealth. He is very poor now, wearing raggedy poor man's clothes, and to wash his sorrows away he has also developed a drinking problem.

Yes, a drinking problem. Now while the drunken fighter style has been used in many fighting games, Lei from Tekken, Brad Wong from DoA, Bo Rai Cho from MK, Shun Di from VF, Chin Gentsai from KoF, and I'm sure the list goes on, I believe that Dampierre has the potential to be really unique when it comes to fighting drunk thanks to the random element in his fighting style.

Basically, my vision of Dampierre goes like this: He still has his hidden sleeve knives, but he also has a bottle attached to his waist. During gameplay he can drink from it, using his taunt, as well as certain moves.

As the fight begins, Dampierre won't be very drunk, and he will have no or almost no random moves. Throughout the fight, using taunt as well some fighting moves, the player can choose to have him drink more. The more he drinks the more his fighting style changes slightly. As he gets more drunk he will become funnier and have more random attacks. He will become a bit more powerful but at the same time a bit more risky because of his randomness.

In SCBD I really loved the random element that he had to him, but aside from being a trickster, there wasn't much reason behind his randomness. I believe being a drunk is the perfect reason, plus it will make him even funnier, which will suit him as the main comic relief character of Soul Calibur.

Tell me what you think, and please post your ideas as well. :)
Beautifully done!~ xD
This is a good idea that you've posted for Le Bello. But if his clothes are slighty shabby, could it still be a little fancy?

Who would be his rival character this time around? Assuming that Soul Calibur series always had rivalry pairings like Sieg vs. Nighty or Taki vs. Mitsu etc.

I was kinda thinking Raphael or Amy (if one/both is/are to able make it in SCV). Raphael could think of Dampierre as "repulsive" or "disgusting" and since Amy puts a lot of trust in Raphael, she will also look down on Dampierre. Dampierre using his spanking throw on Amy is just LOL. xD

Back