SCV- isJust Guard is better than GI? is GI useless now?

I think "pretty much" is not good enough. Remember you have to press the button at the exact time and let it go immediately.

Just Guard vs Guard Impact in SCV.

JG

GI

In this vid, the opponent attacks with three different attacks, two kinds of verticals, and a quick horizontal. The timing needed to counter each is different. With JG, you need to be precise and although its free, you have to block every individual hit, not only that, but you also have to input wether its going to be a mid or a low with the directional button when tapping X. So if they are going for a low, you have to press down forward while tapping x. With GI, you actually push back the opponent on a successful parry, negating whatever series of attacks they were in and also giving you a free opportunity to attack. Not only that, it's a sure answer for any attack as it blocks high, mids, and lows so there is no guessing game with it, plus the timing is far more lenient than with JG, making it possible in terms of response time to block even fast or tricky attacks. I think both GI and JG are equally useful in their own right and to say GI is useless is an underestimation. If you're fast enough for

That is why in the vid, I was able to get a 100% parry rate against any of the three different attacks in those 20 seconds. Imagine a pro player doing that with no meter usage in a tournament, with the way it is now, it would be overpowered if it didn't use meter. It's a very powerful defensive technique. While JG requires incredible reaction time to be able to get 100% with it.

EDIT:

For example here, a good player managed to get 100% parry rate with JG, which requires incredible speed and timing. {Unless some kind of device was used?}

For example here, a good player managed to get 100% parry rate with JG, which requires incredible speed and timing. {Unless some kind of device was used?}

if you just guard one hit in a fast string, you don't need to press it multiple times.

Back